“Easy reach to fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Framingham
“Easy reach to fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice accommodation. Rooms were fairly roomy. All appliances were relatively new and working well. Lots of well lighted parking and within a 150 yards of a small mall containing a Publix food store. The Inn has a full breakfast each morning with plenty of choice lots of seating for parties of two up to twelve. Old Town Ft. Myers is about a half hour ride. Sanibel and Captiva are only a few minutes.

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. I arrived on a Wednesday night with my husband and had reserved a one-bedroom with with two queen beds and a balcony overlooking the pool. Check-in was quick and efficient and I received the room I had booked. The staff seemed to be pleasant, so no problem there. I must say that the hotel was fully booked and it was not as clean and maintained as my last visit. The computers in the lobby were filthy with spill marks all over the screens. The floors were sticky and so were the tables in the dining room. My room was also not so clean. The glass sliding doors to the closet had all kinds of splash marks and who knows what on them. The stainless steel appliances in the kitchen were filthy on the outside. I advised the front desk that this room needs a "really" good cleaning, so maybe they will do that. The fitness room also was dirty. I wanted to go to the pool, but it was packed. There are only eight chaise lounges and all were taken at 10:00 a.m. The "chicken barbecue" on Wednesday night was disgusting. They served a frozen chicken patty along with some barbecue sauce. I have stayed at the Residence Inn in Port St. Lucie for barbecue night, and they served real chicken barbecued and it was delicious. Also, beer and wine were NOT served as most Residence Inn's do on Monday-Thursday.

Again, in all fairness to this hotel, February is prime season in this area and it is a very busy time. I suspect this might be the reason the hotel was not up to par. Everyone wants to check-in and get settled and no one wants to wait to have their room ready. But, no one wants a dirty hotel either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I spent five days here in early February for our yearly Birthday(mine)..Anniversary(shared )bash..and we had a great time..We started off with an upgrade which is always a bonus..from a one bedroom suite to a two..this meant three TV's unfortuately whats on get's no better..on to important facts..the suite was extremely comfortable..as were the beds..which from my experience all of Marriots hotel beds are..the breakfast was the usual fare.."I'm a porridge and fruit and nut man myself..make of that what you will... there was plenty of choice to satisfy others who have similar tastes ..plus a fair amount of artery clogging fare as well..which is how it should be..Nearly finished for those who are getting bored...the staff of of the friendly disposition type..and the place is sparkling ..Recommended..Oh...One more thing ..there is a large shopping outlet Mall over the road..and an even larger one a few miles down the road..Bring Large wallet/multiple Credit Cards..

Room Tip: A prayer to one's favourite Diety might work..If you do hit on the answer of how to get to the f...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

There were a number of reasons I didn't care for this place. I really did like the way it was decorated - nicely done. But that's about where the good part ended. For a suite, this was the smallest unit I've ever been in. The pillows were uncomfortable - and they didn't even have a plastic dry cleaning bag in the closet which is standard for hotels. The front desk was so unhelpful. They didn't have any recommendations when I asked about a fishing excursion. They suggested I drive and look down a street that has signs and pick one. What hotel does that? Also, when I tried to print my boarding pass, it wouldn't work. After several unsuccessful attempts, I went to the front desk. She told me to try again and if it didn't work she'd come over to help. Again, who does that? Of course, I tried again and it didn't work. She didn't come over but instead had me use the computer in her office, which did work. It didn't look like the fire pit was working (didn't bother to ask about it). When I asked about the tennis courts (which are mini), I was give a lukewarm response too.

Breakfast was complementary and a lot of people came down every morning. It was your standard buffet with plastic plates, cups, and silverware. Nothing special. It's a short drive to Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel Island but not many restaurants right near the hotel. The outlet mall is directly across the street.

There are so many hotels available in the area that I wouldn't ever consider coming back even though it does have a fresh new look. It makes me realize how important the service of front line staff is, and combined with other small details, they can make or break your hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Valued Guest.....Thank you for your review. First and foremost, I am truly sorry that you experienced such uncaring actions by our Associates.

I am honestly perplexed with the lack of interest by our Front Desk Associate on your request for fishing information...at the very least, you should have been shown where there are numerous brochures available in our lower lobby, for our guests interests. It is our goal, to not only meet, but to exceed our guests expectations and I am dissappointed that we feel short on yours.

Your feedback is important, so If you would be so kind to contact me either by phone or email below, in order for us to further discuss your issues and I can ascertain exactly when you stayed with us and immediately address your concerns to ensure that this will not occur again in the future.

Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I hope that you will allow us to show you that what you encounted is certainly not the norm. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

gm.rswrs@jhmhotels.com
239.415.4150
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was terrific. We had a wonderfully appointed little suite. Great little kitchenette and lounging room with separate bedroom. It was very nicely decorated (trendy) and clean. Beds were very comfy too. The breakfast was very good with plenty of options and continued hot food was put on the buffet. There was staff cleaning tables and asking to take away items we were finished with. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean. The public areas were open and airy with lots of windows. The hotel was conveniently located to shopping and the entrance bridge to Sanibel. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
To our valued guest.....

It is indeed very gratifying for us to hear from our satisfied guests. We work hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and I will certainly share your posting with our entire staff.

Thank you for your posting and we look forward to welcoming your back, should your travels bring you to Fort Myers area in the future!

Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay. Great experience. ALL the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was perfect for us with the separate bedroom. Beds were very comfortable and flipped the fan to on so never heard a thing. Pool was heated just right, very comfortable even for an evening swim. Never got tired of the breakfast spread.... scrambled eggs, meat, potatoes and a specialty item each day ie. breakfast sandwich, make your own pancakes, oatmeal, cereals, fruits, yogurt....just say that you couldn't go away hungry. Tuesday and Wednesday evening events, meatloaf one night and bbq'd chicken the other. Staff was friendly and helpful. Steered us to several nearby restaurants. Gator Bites across the parking lot was a hit. Even the gator bites tho they had 'normal food' also. Lighthouse wharf just a mile down road towards Sanibel was delicious for our last dinner, Grilled grouper ...mmmm!!! Husband's prime rib was best he's had in awhile and we're from beef country, Nebraska. All in all.... we would return and stay again !!!

Room Tip: The west side, even numbered rooms had views and lanais. I'd pay the extra to overlook the natu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
To our Valued Past Guest!
I want to thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.

We try hard to provide the best possible customer service to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward. Please know that I will share your posting with our entire Staff.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are a family of five. This was perfect for us with two bedrooms and a fold out couch. The hotel is very clean, over stocked breakfast buffet, and in a great location. Publics in the same shopping area, just across the bridge from Sanibel Island, ten minutes to the boat to Key West, and half hour to the Edison, Ford Estate. The staff is very friendly and extremely knowledgeable of the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
To our Valued Guest...

I want to thank you for the kind words you said about your recent stay with your family. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.

We try hard to provide the best possible service to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Pam Miller

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!