“Great Stay...very relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Parkland, FL
“Great Stay...very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this RI over the July 4th Holiday. The hotel was very clean. Our one bedroom suite was on the second floor and faced the parking lot. It was clean and perfect for our mini-vacation. We used the pull-out couch for the kids. The bedroom was roomy except for the bed was bouncy. Everytime you rolled over the bed would move from side to side while trying to sleep. Other than that the hotel was quiet but very busy in the morning at breakfast. Our first morning the make-your-own waffles was not working or the batter was gone. The next morning was busier, and we brought the food back to our suite. For two nights, RI had a manager's reception which we did not attend on the 4th and the next night. The pool and the jacuzzi were wonderful! Our only negative was the outdoor gas fire pit was not turned on.

It is a great location if you want to explore Sanibel and the Fort Myers area! Please note that you have to pay a $6 toll going onto the island.

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the west side of the hotel. Some of those rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Good afternoon, on behalf of the Management & Staff I would like to thank you for taking time to let us know your thoughts on your stay with us over the 4th of July.

At the Residence Inn, we like to make our guests feel at home during their stay, which allows them the relax and enjoy their time with us. With our high occupancy during the holiday, I apologize for the misstep on the waffle batter.

Thanks again for allowing us to be of service to you and we look forward to having you
with us again!

Pam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel is very conveniently located, the staff is great and very friendly and the rooms are great (we had a 2-bed room apartment). However the hotel was below our expecations for 2 reasons: the airconditioning in the room is huge and very noisy and the bed linnen is not 100% cotton but contains a lot of polyester.

Good afternoon, Bizniztraveller....

I would like to thank you for your overall, complimentary words about our hotel during you stay with us. It is always great when we know our guests are able to enjoy the many fine amenities we offer.

I also appreciate your comments with the noise from our air-conditioners and bedding. Rest assured that your opinions count and they will be addressed when we consider changes in the future.

Again, glad you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, family friendly with excellent customer service. The pool is nice, fitness center is adequate. They have a good breakfast and grills if you want to use them. Publix is right next door. Full modern kitchen. They rent bikes and you can ride over the sanibel bridge. I would recommend to all.

• Stayed June 2012
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Good afternoon, on behalf of the Management & Staff I would like to thank you for taking time to let us know that your enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to make our guests feel at home during their stay with us.

Our proximity to Sanibel Island and Fort Myers Beach, in addition to our many guest amenities is most appreciated by our guests!

with us again!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights (June 22-23) in a one bedroom suite at the Residence Inn Fort Myers/Sanibel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The small kitchen had all the basics: two burner stove, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, and full sized frig.
There is a flat screen tv it both the living area and the bedroom. Very nice. We had both wi-fi and wired Internet. There was no charge for this even though their website says that there is.
We had a small balcony overlooking the pool. It was nice to sit out there until the neighbors below us came out and started smoking. That was the only negative thing I came up with.
The breakfasts are great. They have a good assortment of food and it tastes good. Also, there was plenty so if you got there right before breakfast ends at 10:00, you still have a good selection. The people in the kitchen are happy to get you anything else you need.
Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and helpful.
I don't care for the "Barbie's Dream House" decor in the lobby but really, what difference does that make.
Overall, you really get a lot for your money and it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ethridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

For 20 years I went with my parents to stay at our regular unit at the Spanish Cay on Sanibel Island, so it was a bit of a disappointment to make the decision to stay off the island at a chain hotel this time, our first time back since 2001. Sanibel's hotels and specialty rentals looked outdated and overpriced and few had online reservations which for me is crucial - I want a printed record of everything - and our old place required a 2 week minimum - we were on a househunting trip all over Florida and only had a few days. I have had good experiences with Marriott, and Residence Inn was both reasonably priced and close enough to Sanibel to bike there and pay no tolls. It takes about 30 minutes to go from the hotel to and across the causeway and hit the island itself; just hang onto your cap as you go down that first bridge on the causeway - it is steep but not as bad as it looks to climb. So anyway, I was thrilled the Residence Inn had rental bikes even if I did have to pay $20 for 8 hours (at our next hotel in Punta Gorda the loaner bikes are free as are many places on Sanibel). But I was so relieved to have a bicycle period. Now to the hotel itself ('bout time, right?), it is back off the road so it is very quiet. We stayed 5 nights and never heard a peep even though the place was packed. I was so happy with our room after a disappointing stay at a Best Western in Gainesville; the decor was gorgeous - I guess all Residence Inns are like this - I have only stayed at Fairfield and Courtyard Marriotts, both very nice. We had a balcony room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool and the preserve in the distance; we paid extra for the balcony and I requested a high up floor; that was as high up as they could get us but it was high up enough to be quiet. You have EVERYTHING you need; a fully equipped kitchen with a full size stainless steel refrigerator (Best Western, for $20 less a night, gave us no microwave/no fridge). You have TWO tvs, one in the sitting room, one in the bedroom with extremely comfy beds. You have a nice kitchen table and a separate desk. You have a couch and coffee table with a hardcover guide book resting on it. You have dishes, you have utensils. If I want to nitpick, I don't like the tub/toilet and sink in separate rooms, but they were also fairly spacious, so that was easily forgiven. Some people like it that way, I suppose. Our balcony was spacious with lounge chairs. We used the laundry room on the first floor and I used the exercise room across from the laundry room. The breakfast at the Marriott, I have found, is not the bed; Best Western and Holiday Inn both probably have better breakfasts. But we were here to eat on Sanibel (see my reviews) so we didn't feel lingering around here for breakfast. The first night we did eat at the Gatorbites Grill next door and really enjoyed it (see my review). It is right next to the hotel, so you can have all the drinks you want and not have to drive back. I used the pool once; its' maximum depth is 5 feet, probably a good thing. We hope to come back to Sanibel very soon if we don't move to Ft Myers and absolutely we will stay at the Residence Inn again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is probably the best Residence Inn I've had the pleasure to stay in. They had a full house the night before but were able to get me in a room shortly before official check in time thanks to platinum status. The front desk staff was real friendly and helpful. They offered maps and guide books of the area and some other tips.

The room was the largest one bedroom suite I've ever seen. Two queen beds in a huge bedroom area in addition to the full kitchen and living area. The room was clean but I think the volume of guests has started to take a toll on the rooms. It's a shame people are so careless in hotel rooms and leave stains on the carpet and scuffs on the walls. The bathroom was kind of beat up, but again I imagine this place is always full since it's so close to Sanibel.

The pool and deck are lovely. The front desk provides really small towels when using the pool. Adult sized towels would be a good investment over what they offer. The free breakfast is always a hit and real crowded in the morning. The offerings were plentiful and the staff was able to keep up with the demand.

Overall this is a fantastic place for a family that doesnt want to stay on the island. You could easily stay in a room like that for days and have plenty of space.

Hoopeston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Loved this hotel!! From check-in to check-out, everything was perfect! Loved our room, very friendly hotel staff, breakfast was great, and pool was perfect!
We had a 1 bedroom suite with a balcony with a view of Sanibel which I would reccommend!
We would for sure stay here again when visiting the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!