“Poor Maintance on Rooms” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)

You added Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East) to your Saves list
Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)
9701 Orange River Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33905   |
Special Offer
$20 Off First Week
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Naples, Florida
“Poor Maintance on Rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at Value Place in the past to I am comparing this location to others that I have stayed at.

There were several issues with this location & they all revolve around maintainance:
1) Shower Rod falls off because not screwed in.
2) Toilet would not Flush replaced flush system & then would have to hold handle down until all water has exited the bowl... really ?
3) Vynil around windows falling off.
4) To use laundry facilities have to put money on a card in $5 increments ?? (no refunds on remaing money on card) SCAM !!

Anyhow...
Last time I stay here....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East), responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. We always appreciate it when guests are candid with us. I am sorry your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We take everything you wrote in to consideration and I hope that you will stay with us at one of our other 185 locations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This Value Place location is better than they've been given credit for. First of all, the room was very nice. Everything was very clean, in working order and it's very nice to have a full-size refrigerator. Also, it was quiet during the day and at night, no parties or anything like that. The only strike would be the channel lineup on the TV is a bit limited compared to other hotels. Second, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They were very good about helping me when I'd get a package delivery, even bringing them to my room before I'd know they'd been delivered. Housekeeping was very thorough and cleaned the room quickly. As mentioned in the previous review, the reason I didn't stay longer was the more than 50% rate increase over what I paid when I initially checked in. Overall Jason and his staff do a very good job of keeping the property clean, safe and guest friendly. A very positive experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

While staying here for work i found the staff was friendly and the property fairly safe but the internet was extremely slow...too slow to stream any video and uploading and downloading was an event when it went through successfully...not a place i would suggest for people who work from there room when not on the job...hope they can make improvments for working people...and the weekly rate went from $229 a week to $309 a week one week after i checked in ....you might can do better...look around and safe some money..hell...you can stay on the beach for just a little more....peace

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My sister and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Jason Cole was especially good at managing the place. Rooms were clean and the price was very reasonable. It is right off of I-75, but we did not hear traffic noise. The location was very convenient for getting to places up and down I-75. My sister had her own computer connectivity, so that was not a problem. It is 5 minutes or less to Colonial Blvd. where there are many stores and restaurants. The Colonial Blvd. location was not in as good condition as this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were unsatified with having to buy toilet paper, bowl, spoons, etc.
The previous Value Place provided essentials for us. The stay was average. Location was not convenient for us for visiting beaches.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alva, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I needed and affordable, funrished place to stay in Ft. Myers for 4-5 months. The Ft. Myers East location was very convenient and less expensive than others only a few miles in closer to town. I originally stayed in the small studio but then upgraded one. The price adjustment wasn't bad and the staff was very accomodating. The manager and all of the staff including housekeeping and maintenance were very pleasant and helpful always. The only negative is their internet access was unreliable and I constantly had to call down to get it turned back on. However, it din't matter what hour (day or night) they fixed it immediately.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This facility is in good shape outwardly, but falls down with the details. Our main complaint was that the front desk staff badly needs lessons in how to be friendly and provide pleasant customer service. Would it hurt so much to smile?? Another issue was problems with internet. There is no wireless, only corded service, and that barely worked. You had to call the front desk staff at least once a day to ask that it be re-set. It was painfully slow and the front desk manager admitted that bandwidth is insufficient. Walls are paper thin. The couple in the room next door apparently had great sex, and we could hear all their conversations, but that's not something we want as part of our hotel experience. When a neighbor's door opened, it sounded like someone was walking into our room and I think I jumped almost every time. We wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless they absolutely couldn't afford anything better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)? Share your experiences!