“Sannibel trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)

You added Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East) to your Saves list
Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)
9701 Orange River Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33905   |
Special Offer
$20 Off First Week
Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Fort Myers
“Sannibel trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were unsatified with having to buy toilet paper, bowl, spoons, etc.
The previous Value Place provided essentials for us. The stay was average. Location was not convenient for us for visiting beaches.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alva, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I needed and affordable, funrished place to stay in Ft. Myers for 4-5 months. The Ft. Myers East location was very convenient and less expensive than others only a few miles in closer to town. I originally stayed in the small studio but then upgraded one. The price adjustment wasn't bad and the staff was very accomodating. The manager and all of the staff including housekeeping and maintenance were very pleasant and helpful always. The only negative is their internet access was unreliable and I constantly had to call down to get it turned back on. However, it din't matter what hour (day or night) they fixed it immediately.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This facility is in good shape outwardly, but falls down with the details. Our main complaint was that the front desk staff badly needs lessons in how to be friendly and provide pleasant customer service. Would it hurt so much to smile?? Another issue was problems with internet. There is no wireless, only corded service, and that barely worked. You had to call the front desk staff at least once a day to ask that it be re-set. It was painfully slow and the front desk manager admitted that bandwidth is insufficient. Walls are paper thin. The couple in the room next door apparently had great sex, and we could hear all their conversations, but that's not something we want as part of our hotel experience. When a neighbor's door opened, it sounded like someone was walking into our room and I think I jumped almost every time. We wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless they absolutely couldn't afford anything better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

When we first came to this motel we were greeted by a very nice lady. We were given a 2 bedroom suite. Everything in the room was clean and working. We have been here longer than planned. The staff are awesome from the manager to the maids. Everyone is pleasant and very helpful. I would recommend this motel to everyone I know. The staff treats everyone like family. We have been here for awhile so we have gotten to know the staff quite well. Steve, Jason, Lisa, Theresa, Steve are doing a fantastic job here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The place was clean, certainly no bugs. I reserved 2 rooms for a week and the other guy cancelled at the last minute. They charged me nothing for the second reservation. I got 2 double beds, a sink,stove,refrigerator,microwave,internet phone,decent tv for $219.00. I refuse to stay in a dirty or bug infested hotel or one with sleazy people wandering around. I found nothing like that at this location and I was very happy staying there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

If you need to know more then that, read on, but really that should be enough. My dad booked this for us. When we read other reviews that said there were bedbugs, my dad went and talked to the manager specifically about this. He was told that an upset guest had written that review and that it was not a problem. When we got there we had a smoking room, really? The 'white' blinds were coated with tar and the pull string was sticky and disgusting to touch. There are no curtains so light comes in from the street light and as soon as the sun rises. I did not want to walk barefoot on the carpet as it was so gross. The carpet felt sticky. We had to stay on a smoking floor for 2 days with a child and infant. We finally got to move rooms 2 days later. In the morning we found blood streaks on the sheets where my 8yo was sleeping. We found a few immature bugs and an adult bedbug. We confirmed they were bedbugs with photos from the web. I have never packed so quickly in my life. The staff was pleasant and kind, we got a full refund. The manager said that the rooms had been treated and recieved a 'clean bill of health - which means there was a past problem and he denied it to my dad when directly asked. This still leaves us with the grief of dealing with infested luggage, wasted food that we bought and a day and a half lost moving rooms and hotels.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I was a little scared of entering a large hotel but as soon as I got to the lobby I was greeted with a very friendly lady. She made me feel at ease. I needed a place for my daughther to stay while she goes to college. Once the assistant manager explained the rooms and safety I was sold! I wanted to make sure my daughter had a safe and friendly place to stay. My daughter was very happy with the room, just wish the internet was faster.... Everytime I go to visit my daughter at the hotel the same assistant manager remembers me and again greets me very kindly. The housekeeping staff has been awesome to my daughter as well. I will recommend this hotel to my friends that have children going to college nearby.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Ft. Myers, Florida (East)? Share your experiences!