“I got what I paid for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
Boston, Massachusetts
“I got what I paid for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Price line deal never a gain. The hotel was alright the pool area. Not so good location no so good. The food at the. Makeshift. Restraint was horrible The staff was friendly they have shuttle to Jet blue park. And bed are nice. Cleaning staff was excellent . Gotta ask for shuttle. Bob driver very helpful

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear davo571,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience at the restaurant. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

*Agree with others - location not historic district & wouldn't feel safe walking to historic district at night.
*Room-service is poor - Placed an order and had to repeat it multiple times. Staff called back 10 minutes later to confirm the order. When arrived, no utensils or appropriate condiments. Order the following day was very slow and staff again came back after the fact to confirm what was ordered...wish they'd write it down the first time. Take home point - if you are closed for renovations, maybe you should be "closed" and not deliver sub-standard service as it gives a poor impression.
*Mixed feelings about the front desk staff - My overall impression of the front desk staff was that it was just a paycheck and they weren't going to go out of their way. One staffer came off unfriendly, another seemed uninformed about the immediate surrounding area and what events were going on. I would suggest that management provide more training about the area and a daily briefing for staff on what is going on in the area that day.
*Parts of the hotel were clearly under renovation, but there were some things that needed attention and that seemed like regular maintenance and would have been appreciated. ex. Cigarette butts & trash in the mulch by the pool and in the outdoor restaurant area. A coffee spill in the main walkway that had a "Wet Floor" sign put over it instead of someone taking the initiative to just wipe it up.
Enough with the negatives...positives were: housekeeping staff very friendly, bed linens very soft and comfortable, nice new carpet in hallways and rooms, nice new & clean feeling in bathroom, mini-fridge & microwave in room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear MamaBellSavage,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are happy to hear that the housekeeping staff was helpful during your stay. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that to advertise " Historic Downtown" is a bit of a stretch. One would think it would be right next door to the Ford-Edison Home but it is not. Recently renovated and some areas currently under renovation allowed for the rooms to be fresh and new with very comfortable bedding. We did not use the dining facilities so I cannot comment. We were out and about most of the day and evening enjoying the surrounding attractions, so for our purposes the stay met our needs. I booked our rooms through a Priceline bid so the price point was in line with we got but I would have not been so happy if we had paid the advertised price.

Room Tip: Rooms were recently renovated. Very clean with comfortable bedding and nice bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear William L,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We also ordered breakfast which came a half hour late.Somethings you can eat cold-eggs are not one of them! The bill is in dispute with our credit card company. Obviously all they are concerned with is the $$$. BAD LOCATION.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear tomkat33388,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments seriously and strive to provide comfortable accommodations. I am sorry that on this day you were inconvenienced with the service received during breakfast. I have taken note of your concerns and these will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider enhancements needed at our property.

Again, thank you and I do apologize and regret that this impacted your visit with us.

Pam G.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this trip because it advertised it was in the "historic" part of downtown Ft. Myers. It's actually in a very shady area that I felt quite uncomfortable with at night. The hotel itself is fine and for the price I paid, I was happy. The staff was very nice and the common area of the hotel as well as the room were fine. The hotel restaurant is under renovation, however, they still serve meals in their makeshift resaurant (meeting room).

When out and about at night, I felt I was in a very unsafe area and never felt comfortable parking my car in the rear of the building. The people walking up and down the streets at night were kind of scary looking...

Overall, the hotel itself is fine if you want to save money and don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room....but the location...not so good!

Room Tip: You may not want to be near the pool. The guest book says the pool closes at 1a.m. however, there w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear flipflops1515,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel value and services. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We are sorry that our location did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any negative impression you may have during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights for a conference we were attending in town. Since we had to leave early in the morning both days, we decided to fill out the card in the room to have breakfast delivered. Both days we waited, but nobody came to the door. I see in another person's review the restaurant was closed, so I guess that explains the no service, but then it would have been nice if they did not have the card in the room at all so we would not have wasted time waiting for them to deliver a breakfast they weren't even offering. Other than that, the housekeeping staff was excellent, the room was very clean and organized when we got back in the evening. The front desk staff did their job... mostly, but they did leave much to be desired. Not friendly or overly helpful, and we had to call to get the internet logon information. Also there was noise from the hall/other rooms/outside, so their remodel must not include soundproofing.

Overall, I would stay there again, but not even bother trying to eat there. At least there's a Dunkin Donuts right on the corner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Flash448,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our housekeeping and front desk staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our restaurant service. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days, I enjoyed my stay..good service..some parts of hotel is being renovated...I like the current set-up they have for the restaurant...For the price I paid I am happy with the services....I will come back again next month.

Room Tip: Top Floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic? Share your experiences!