“not the best!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Denver, Colorado
“not the best!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We also ordered breakfast which came a half hour late.Somethings you can eat cold-eggs are not one of them! The bill is in dispute with our credit card company. Obviously all they are concerned with is the $$$. BAD LOCATION.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear tomkat33388,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments seriously and strive to provide comfortable accommodations. I am sorry that on this day you were inconvenienced with the service received during breakfast. I have taken note of your concerns and these will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider enhancements needed at our property.

Again, thank you and I do apologize and regret that this impacted your visit with us.

Pam G.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this trip because it advertised it was in the "historic" part of downtown Ft. Myers. It's actually in a very shady area that I felt quite uncomfortable with at night. The hotel itself is fine and for the price I paid, I was happy. The staff was very nice and the common area of the hotel as well as the room were fine. The hotel restaurant is under renovation, however, they still serve meals in their makeshift resaurant (meeting room).

When out and about at night, I felt I was in a very unsafe area and never felt comfortable parking my car in the rear of the building. The people walking up and down the streets at night were kind of scary looking...

Overall, the hotel itself is fine if you want to save money and don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room....but the location...not so good!

Room Tip: You may not want to be near the pool. The guest book says the pool closes at 1a.m. however, there w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear flipflops1515,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel value and services. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We are sorry that our location did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any negative impression you may have during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights for a conference we were attending in town. Since we had to leave early in the morning both days, we decided to fill out the card in the room to have breakfast delivered. Both days we waited, but nobody came to the door. I see in another person's review the restaurant was closed, so I guess that explains the no service, but then it would have been nice if they did not have the card in the room at all so we would not have wasted time waiting for them to deliver a breakfast they weren't even offering. Other than that, the housekeeping staff was excellent, the room was very clean and organized when we got back in the evening. The front desk staff did their job... mostly, but they did leave much to be desired. Not friendly or overly helpful, and we had to call to get the internet logon information. Also there was noise from the hall/other rooms/outside, so their remodel must not include soundproofing.

Overall, I would stay there again, but not even bother trying to eat there. At least there's a Dunkin Donuts right on the corner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Flash448,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our housekeeping and front desk staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our restaurant service. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days, I enjoyed my stay..good service..some parts of hotel is being renovated...I like the current set-up they have for the restaurant...For the price I paid I am happy with the services....I will come back again next month.

Room Tip: Top Floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here from 16 to 19 Feb. This was part of a special holiday & we had booked 2 rooms, both to include breakfast. However we had not been informed that the restaurant was closed & they had setup a buffet breakfast in a conference room.

On the first day we went for breakfast, there was no bacon left, a few sausages & no scrambled egg left. The coffee ran out, there was no toaster or bread and a few danish pastries. The waiter told us it was a one off & would be better tomorrow.

This is not what I call a buffet breakfast! We had paid for this up front, at check-in we should have been warned of the restaurant closure & offered the choice to get a refund on the pre-booked breakfast & go elsewhere.

On the second morning, we walked in & it was the same, so before he had a chance to seat us we left & went to Denny's.

The rooms we were in were in definite need of an update.

I asked for a late check out & was told no way, unless I was a Priority Club Platinum member. The staff member on the desk did not look happy when I said I am, so she reluctantly gave me the late check out, but she made it quite plain she was not happy. Well I am sorry, but this is part of the Platinum member perks.

I have stayed in Holiday Inns all over the world & I have to say that this one is the worst by far!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear RMAllen42,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Princeton, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is in a bad area - and was being remodeled while we were there - the rooms smell like smoke... the pool is dirty... We were scheduled to stay 3 nights, but we stayed one night and left... ICKY!!! The lobby is beautiful and smells good, but other than that, the rest is a dive...

Room Tip: there are no good rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Malynda H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that review is being looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was not warned when booking that the restaurant and bar are under construction and the food and beverage service had been moved to a conference room. Arrived tired and did not feel like foraging for food outside of hotel so opted to eat in the improvised restaurant. Bad choice. Food was poorly prepared and overpriced for the bus station cafeteria ambience. The young lady tending the area was overwhelmed and complained continuously about the inconvenience of having to run all the way to the kitchen. That said, the rest of the hotel was pleasant. The room was adequate - nothing special and a smaller bathroom than expected. The front desk was pleasant and efficient on both check in and out. However the restaurant problems extended also to the lack of morning coffee available in the lobby once the first thermos was exhausted. I would stay again but not at the rate I paid. I paid for a full service hotel and did not get it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Tom V,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk.

However, We’re sorry about the restaurant renovation and the food selection. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic? Share your experiences!