“Under construction” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
houston
“Under construction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was not warned when booking that the restaurant and bar are under construction and the food and beverage service had been moved to a conference room. Arrived tired and did not feel like foraging for food outside of hotel so opted to eat in the improvised restaurant. Bad choice. Food was poorly prepared and overpriced for the bus station cafeteria ambience. The young lady tending the area was overwhelmed and complained continuously about the inconvenience of having to run all the way to the kitchen. That said, the rest of the hotel was pleasant. The room was adequate - nothing special and a smaller bathroom than expected. The front desk was pleasant and efficient on both check in and out. However the restaurant problems extended also to the lack of morning coffee available in the lobby once the first thermos was exhausted. I would stay again but not at the rate I paid. I paid for a full service hotel and did not get it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Tom V,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk.

However, We’re sorry about the restaurant renovation and the food selection. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been coming here for over a year and I have personally enjoyed the service I have received with Rebekah Deka and Jen as well. They all are personable and are asset to your company! This is one of the main reason I keep coming back and well as the clean rooms! On the other hand I do not care for Danielle shes seems to be condescending at times and a little too much .. she needs work on her people skills.

Room Tip: top floor!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I arrived in Ft. Myers, I was able to find the hotel without a problem. The hotel is situated next to a CVS Pharmacy, and there is a Dunkin Donuts in the parking lot. It's about a half a block from a hospital, too.

The Holiday Inn was nice and clean and I was immediately greated by Jen at the front desk. I was first given a room on the ground floor, which I often don't particularly care for, and so after I reached my room, I decided that I would much prefer a higher floor. The ground floor rooms do not have carpet, and the voices from the neighboring rooms were quite loud. The second room I was given on the 4th floor was much better but the bed was not made and there were tools everywhere and even the toilet was not clean. Clearly this room should have been placed out of service but it wasn't. I then went back down adn Jen apologized and gave me another room on the 4th floor. This room was great and you will be able to see by the pictures i took.

Jen also offered me a complementary breakfast for my troubles which I appreciated, although I never had a chance to eat anything at the restaurant on site.

The room was nice, spacious, comfortable. The bed was good, and there was a desk, a chair with ottoman, so that I was able to spread out and do work. There was a flat panel television and other than some problems with the NBC feed on DirectTv where it kept stuttering, it was great.

I would absolutely stay here again next time I am in Ft. Myers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are a frequent traveller, you know the difference between a full hotel with services and a Holiday Inn Express. The latter is great for a one night stopover. This is located on a huge boulevard with nothing around it but a Dunkin Donuts next door. Don't be fooled by the "downtown historic Ft. Myers" description. Yes , the physical distance to downtown is technically correct and close by car, but it's not like the downtown hotels where you can walk near the river at night or walk to a number of restaurants. As a woman, traveling alone, safety and full amenities are essential. The elevators and long hallways do not offer a secure feeling. This is a several story motel. And, while the food was good...chef's ahi tuna was spectacular and breakfast options terrific. the room and bar for eating is like a school cafeteria. OVerall, very clean and nice motel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear SusanjaneS,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have taken note and wish to thank you for your feedback. This enables us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We look forward to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel was recently re-modeled. Very clean, almost sterile look. Not a lot of ambience. But, it is very clean and the beds are comfortable. It's downtown, near Lee memorial hospital and about 4 blocks off the river. Free sit-down breakfast was very good. All of the employees were very helpful. Dunkin Donuts in the front parking lot. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This property was reserved for us by another travel companion. We were able to get a restful night's sleep once we got a room that was suitable. The first room we were given had not been completely cleaned by the housekeeping staff. I think it was a simple tagging mistake, but it did take us a little extra effort to get into our room. The front desk staff was very apologetic, and was very quick in getting the issue resolved.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Renovation of the fourth and the third floors are complete and nicely done. The room was nicely appointed. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this motel for those who want to visit the Edison & Ford estate. Breakfast was delicious, and Ally the waitress was friendly and helpful.

The coupon for the menu order breakfast went a long with the price. Don't forget to ask for the $20 coupon.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic? Share your experiences!