“Best Hospitality in Fort Myers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Brno, Czech Republic
“Best Hospitality in Fort Myers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I came to Florida to visit my friends and when I arrived to Holiday Inn Downtown Historic District I was very suprised. The hotel reminded me of modern European hotel. The front desk girls were young and energetic, which made my check in pleasant.
Rooms were clean and comfortable. I definetly enjoyed the flat screen TV. Dinner at Char was very enjoyable and the staff was awesome. I really liked the concept of the restaurant, totaly different from any hotel restaurant.
I strongly recomend this hotel and when I come back to Florida, I will only stay here.
Jiri K.

• Liked — Comfortable clean rooms and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a need to stay in the Ft. Myers area particularly within the downtown area.
Its location is just around the corner from the historic downtown district, and for those baseball fans like myself a short walk to the Boston Red Sox training facility.
When I made my reservation directly to the hotel I was informed they just recently completed a renovation of the hotel, and it was obvious as soon as you entered the main foyer.
The hotel lobby had an inviting open atmosphere that opened up out onto the pool area.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly and courteous, which in my travels normally dictates how the remainder of your stay will play out.
The rooms were clean plus the fact the all the furnishings were new.
I took a cab from the airport to the hotel so I did not have a car to get around, but they had a shuttle service available whenever I needed to get around the local area.
There are plenty of good restaurants in the downtown Historic District to eat at, and they have an awesome restaurant that's attached to the hotel so you don't have to leave the property.
During my stay they were close to completing a Dunkin Donuts on their property which should be open sometime soon.
If you are doing business in the downtown Ft. Myers or local area I would highly recommend this hotel for your next stop in Ft. Myers.
I can't wait until March of next year when spring training baseball starts and I can walk to the ballpark.
My thanks to all the staff for making my stay enjoyable and making me feel like one of the family.
Skippy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No opinion
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Not important
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

Over all experience was good. Nice front desk staff very helpful and genuine. Ron the person working the late shift was very accommodating. Hotel looks nice recently renovated. Some of the rooms were renovated not all of them. So make sure you ask for a renovated room. The pool is okay no Jacuzzi. My first day after checking in a young woman not uniformed came out of one of the offices. She had an interesting accent from Europe I believe. I wish I remembered her name because as helpful as she tried to be I ended up avoiding her for the two nights I was there. At first she seemed very helpful with a few questions I had about the area but unfortunately her personality was dry and fake. Like if she was helping me because someone had told her to. She was very loud and lacked professionalism. Her street type talk reminded me of a bartender back home. I guess if you are trying to look like a four star hotel you should try to hire people that have a bit of more touch with people.

• Liked — The restaurant
  • Disliked — staff additude
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Czech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

You can tell that they have done a lot to this hotel!

Great area! Walking distance to everything. Staff is extremely attentive. They go out of their way to accomodate every request.

Other hotels need to learn by this one with the exceptional staff. And the renovations are BEAUTIFUL!!

Hats off to the management!!!!!

• Liked — Flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
long island, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had in a while. First of all the nightly rate was close to $200! I am a business traveler and could not access their wireless internet to get my work done. The front desk was unreponsive - they said they would call me back in 15 minutes and a half hour later I had to call them. Their "tech support" company closed at 5! Ive never heard of a hotel that didnt have 24 hour supprt for their network. When I made them call to see if they could help the tech support guy said "there is nothing I can do right now". He mentioned that it might be the room I was in and that I should try to move. When I called the front desk there was nothing availalble so I was stuck - they gave me a $50 credit - not much of a give back! But they said they would move me the next day. Then the next day still no internet I called and the front desk said she would look into and call me back. No call back. So I called her again and she said that she tried to reset the system. I told her to move me and they did - the new room had a great wireless connection! I dont know why they offer rooms that have no service without telling you. Plus - I was on the executive floor - what a joke. To top it off this morning there was NO HOT WATER! Are you kidding me!??

If you are going to stay here (but I dont reccommend it since the staff was not at all apologetic) get a room facing the street since those are the only ones with any wireless service!

YUCK!

Stayed March 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

I spent 5 days at this hotel at the end of May, 2005. It was quiet; the staff was helpful and friendly; the rooms were comfortable. I used my wireless internet frequently. The hotel was clean and relatively smoke free. The beds were comfortable and all amenities were present. Good job!!!

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

The WORSE SERVICE in the world, the chef cooks the food, also is the manger that is why we could not get nothing we call down stairs for because there was no one there to bring.

The rooms had rust and they did not give us enough bathroom towels.

My room was a non-smoking room but it smelt like it was smoke in there.

Managers were not professional in handle us with the propare service.

Stayed May 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers Downtown Historic? Share your experiences!