You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Myers, Florida
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family stayed at the Homewood Suites/FGCU/airport for 25 days between closing on one home and the next being completed. We had a one bedroom suite consisting of a king bed, bathroom, vanity, large screen TV, dresser, nightstand and closet in one room and a pull out sofa,dresser, a second large screen TV, end tables, ottoman in the other.
Kitchen with full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave oven, Kitchen table and all the silverware etc. even a garbage disposal.
There was an excellent breakfast every morning and dinner Monday through Thursday.
The entire staff was always smiling and extremely friendly from the front desk, the dining room staff to the van drivers,
Even housekeeping when we advised them we did not want to be bothered as we kept weird hours, NOT ONCE did we get the annoying knock on the door "housekeeping"
Lastly it is extremely convenient to just about everything with the Florida Gulf Coast Town Center Mall directly across the street. plenty of restaurants,
An added plus is they are pet friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Debbie C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
I am so glad to hear that your stay was "Excellent"

The Homewood Suites staff sends you "house warming wishes" on your new home.

I am glad you felt at home, and had everything you needed during your time away from home. Please feel free to come back and visit anytime you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The staff and management was FANTASTIC! I truly enjoyed my stay. Loved how pleasant, friendly, accommodating the staff was. We were extremely pleased and totally surprised by the BirthdayCake, Personal Anniversary and Birthday Card from the Staff, Welcome Gift, and the bottles of wine. We felt like celebrities. What a wonderful experience. We even had friends over to celebrate and we used the grill and reception area. The staff helped us have a fabulous and memorable weekend (birthday and anniversary). Thanks to everyone from the kitchen/hospitality staff, front desk, manager, security, housekeeping, and technicians. Everyone, and I do mean everyone showed us much LOVE!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We were honored to be a part of your memorable Birthday/Anniversary.

Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your special day!

There are many more to come, so we look forward to your return visit!

Thank you for such an awesome review!
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great location right across from a large mall that had everything, incluing a movie theatre. Easy access off I-75. Room was clean and very nice. Staff was great. Lots to choose from at complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We very much appreciate your recommendation.

It is because of guests such as yourself, that others have found these reviews to be very helpful when traveling.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we hope to see you back again in the near future.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had stayed here for a week with my son in Jan 2014 because he didn't have housing assigned yet at local college FGCU. Was very comforting place in stressful time. Great location, we had a 2 room suite with a fully stocked kitchen which was extremely helpful. Great complimentary breakfast, washer/dryer on site, very friendly helpful staff and good value for the money. So for us it was an easy choice when we had to go back down for 2 nights this July 2014 for another college function. Nice to have separate sleeping quarters so I could stay in the other room and work on computer/watch TV without disturbing my son. Utilized everything in the kitchen: fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, coffee machine. Very well stocked and helped to save us some $ vs going out to local restaurant which we did for a couple of meals. Of course Homewood takes care of breakfast. Good value, clean rooms, lots of space to stretch out. Only small gripe is the complimentary internet connection can be a bit spotty especially if you need to stream videos (my son is heavy user of this-youtube). Other than that, great place to lodge for a central location. Close to FGCU, airport, shopping: Gulf Coast Center, Coconut Point in Estero, & Miromar Outlet Mall and about 1/2 hour to the Ft Myers Beach. Which is quite beautiful.

Room Tip: make sure your room is not near the elevator; can get quite loud; found this out the hard way
Green Features: nice to know that corporate america is trying to get the word out there to by environmentally conscious. If everyone does it, we will start to be a more efficient country
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wecome to Dunk City! We love FGCU!

We are excited for you and your son, as he spends time in SW Florida attending FGCU. In addition to our daily complimentary breakfast buffet, we also serve a dinner buffet (complimentary) Monday through Thursday to include beer and wine. I am sure you will be visiting often, you may want to consider coming in on Thursday to experience our dinners. :-)

We look forward to your next visit!
bellevue, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Location worked out perfectly for our family vacation and the optional shuttle service helped out tremendously. Comp breakfast and managers special helped my family save additional expenses on food and dining out. I have stayed in 10 different hotels in the last two months and this one will definitely stick in my head (for positive reasons). Only complaint is we are a family of four and there was only a king suite available with a pull out couch instead a two queen bed suite. Sleeping on the pull out was not fun after the third night. Either upgrade the mattress on the pull outs or ensure families of 2 or more get a double queen suite. Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience!

I am so glad that my team made a lasting impression on you and your family. Homewood Suites definitely has great value with the complimentary breakfast and dinner offerings that we have.

I apologize that you were not able to get the 2 queen bed suite you were hoping for, this time of year with family traveling, and those suites are typically the first to sell out.

We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next family vacation to Fort Myers.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Homewood Suites from June 27 - July 6. We can't say enough good things about this hotel. Every employee was wonderful. Hotel rooms were like staying in a small apartment with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove top. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 3 years for 5 days to 2 weeks and the rooms were always the cleanest of any hotel we have stayed in, in the Fort Myers area. They were even cleaner then a 5 star were have stayed in before we found this jewel. They have a full breakfast in the mornings every morning and a dinner Monday - Thursday that included beer and wine. It has an outside swimming pool and you can also use the pool and hot tub at the Hilton Garden Hotel that is located on the same property. The Homewood Suites has a small exercise room and you can also use the one at the Hilton Garden which is larger. This hotel is close to the entrance ramp to I 75. There is a huge shopping center across the street with many stores and restaurants. You will not go wrong if you chose this hotel, My husband and I will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property.

My housekeeping department ran by Rosie has won many cleanliness awards throughout the past 5 years, and I am very proud to have them on my team. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
DeBary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed in at this hotel for a baseball tournament and had a great time. I loved the breakfast attendants' attention and quality of the food. I also enjoyed having happy hour on Monday-Thursday. It was really a dinner with beer or wine. My room was cleaned thoroughly and they were able to accommodate my need for a comfortable pull out bed by bringing me a mattress. I loved that it was right across the street from the Gulf Coast Mall and down the road from Miromar Outlets. Great location.

Room Tip: Use the complimentary shuttle service. I walked to the Gulf Coast Mall and then I realized I could...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We do love baseball in Fort Myers!!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU.

I am glad to hear that you were impressed with the dinner and breakfast that we serve. Many guests are surprised to see that we really do serve a complimentary "dinner" buffet Monday through Thursday! Thank you for sharing your experience "First Hand".

See you at the next tournament!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU? Share your experiences!