“Excellent hotel and staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent hotel and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Due to a death in the family, I needed to find a hotel that was not only clean but was quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. When we checked in, an employee named Mia was behind the front desk. When I explained the situation to her, she upgraded our accomodations to a section of the hotel that fit the bill perfectly. Not only was the room spotless and the breakfast excellent, Mia's help and kindness was greatly appreciated. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about the loss your family has had recently. I am so glad that Mia was able to ease that discomfort and trouble while you were here. There are truly some people that just genuinely care and it shows in everything they do. Mia is one of those individuals. She did a great job of passing on to staff that you may be needing a quiet place, possible late check out, and also maybe have a need for family stopping by. I am very proud to say that the staff here really works as a team ensuring the best for our guests on a regular basis, and we truly do appreciate you taking the time out of what still must be a busy time in your life to make mention of your experience here. If you have the need to visit in our area again, I am sure Mia will be here to welcome you back with open arms and a caring smile. Our thoughts are with you and your family throughout this holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the first review I have ever wrote, but I find this hotel a great reason to say something. I stayed here on the weekend of Zombicon back in October and was so glad that I was able to get a room in time. Im not going to lie, I was blown away by the complimentary breakfast that was offered in the morning, being able to workout, and being able to check my emails! I was even greeted by the manager that was very friendly and asked if there was anything she could do to make my stay better. The rooms were very clean and comfortable as well as the rest of the hotel including the pool. I am happy to know that next year when I come back down I know where I will be staying and will let others know! Thank you so much for the kind service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HIEgm33905, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm so glad you got to experience our great city and am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We have several packages available during the year and I hope you took advantage of the one we had for Zombicon! If not, there's always next year. We accommodate so many travellers and always love to hear how their guest experiences are. I will pass your comments on to the staff and make sure they know how wonderful you thought everything was. We look forward to your future visits to Fort Myers, and with Spring Training coming soon maybe you could book one of our packages during that time frame! Have an enjoyable holiday season.
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We normally stay at the Hyatt and didn't know this hotel was around the corner from it. We got a jacuzzi suite for $99.00, a great price! Kevin who works the front desk was wonderful and went out of his way to make sure we got everything we needed. Our room was spacious and had a micro, fridge and coffee maker. The bed was a comfortable king and had at least 6 pillows with firm or soft embroidered on the pillowcases! There was a couch, chair and desk as well as a dresser with a flat screen tv. The jacuzzi didn't work and we called the desk and they sent someone to take care of it immediately. Turned out to be the breaker an easy fix. You could hear people in the hallways but for the most part it was pretty quiet, unlike the Hyatt that has a lot of younger people staying there for sports activities. The breakfast had a great selection of hot and cold items. We highly recommend it and will be staying there from now on.

Room Tip: Request the jacuzzi suite if you want a jacuzzi tub to relax in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of our property! I am so sorry that your jacuzzi didn't work at first for you. I am happy they addressed the issue immediately and corrected it to your satisfaction. Our jacuzzi suites are great and we also have an incredible romance package available that hopefully you can take advantage of the next time you are here. It includes champagne or sparkling cider, chocolates, turn down service, a specially decorated jacuzzi suite, and a very late check out. It is truly beautiful. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and I will pass your great review on to all of our staff members. We hope to see you soon!!!!
Brevard NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Usually stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling and saw the sign on I-75. This one is conveniently located as well as being spotless. The staff was courteous and helpful and recommended an excellent restaurant. Room was extremely nice. We were pleasantly surprised at the plentiful breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, and we are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We get a lot of feedback on our location being so close to the interstate and being so easy to find. The quality of construction is exceptional at this property, and we have guests comment regularly on the quality of their night's sleep even with the ease of access to the interstate. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, and we always try to ensure that all of our guests are able to experience the large variety of items we have to offer. We look forward to your future visits, and have a blessed holiday season!
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was planning to stay at a different location but was treated like scum before I had even checking. I stumbled across Holiday Inn Express and went in to see what it was like. Mia greeted me with a smile and fresh baked cookies! I was hooked. My husband and I decided to stay. The staff was all so friendly and the rooms were clean. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Beware a room on the pool side. If people smoke outside by the pool it can get sucked into the AC an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced when starting your trip out in Fort Myers but I am very thankful you found your way to our location. Mia does an incredible job of welcoming guests and really making them feel like they are family. I am glad she was able to put a smile on your faces and made you forget about your experience at the original property you had booked. We try to make each guest experience memorable and I most definitely will pass on your appreciation to Mia so she knows she did make a difference. Thank you for your response, and we will be here to welcome you on your next trip to our area!
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although I have been to Fort Myers many times I have never stayed at the Holiday Inn. On this trip the hotel's location was convenient to my meeting. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable when I checked in. The rooms were clean and in good shape. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the eating area was always kept clean. I would stay here again next time I am in the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our location. I am so glad you enjoyed our rooms and our breakfast as well. I hope you got the chance to try our fresh made pancakes, many guests love them and the neat way they are made. We look forward to your return to our hotel and I will make sure to pass on to our breakfast hostess Dawn your notice of her cleanliness in the breakfast room, she takes pride in keeping it up!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This Hotel Exceeded my expectations. I usually stay with Marriott, but this was close to my business, The breakfast was out of this world!, The service I recieved from Mia was absolutely the best I have ever had at any Hotel I have stayed at before. I will continue to utilize this Hotel for all of my clients and myself.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the spacious suites if you are staying more than 1 night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and Mia said she can't wait until your return business trip! It is always wonderful to see how our guests view our property through their own eyes and we try our best to make each experience memorable. I hope you had the chance to try some of our great area restaurants, and were able to take advantage of the extended checkout that is available to our priority club guests. Thank you again for your review our staff enjoys reading them for guest feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum? Share your experiences!