“We loved it” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Starkville
“We loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have never written a letter like this, but willing to try. My grandson and I registered at your hotel/motel on June 13 as he was entered in a 3-day baseball camp in Ft. Myers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and it was mainly because of your employees. You have great desk clerks, especially Ute. She helped us with directions, remembering places to eat and extending our "stay" on two occasions. The other two clerks were very good. The breakfast every morning was excellent. The lady out front kept everything fresh and attractive. The room and bathroom were well kept and clean. This was one of the nicest "stays" I have ever had in a hotel.
John McReynolds
PS-You said candid!! So here goes. The tall attractive lady in the office to the right as you enter the hotel was very friendly with the customers and seemed to be on "top" of everything going on. Your Holiday Inn Express is lucky to have this kind of employees.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is just like a "home away from home".

My business travel takes me to Ft. Myers often and this is my choice location.
Initially the choice was geographic; however, it is now due to the staff and how well they treat me AND every other guest.

It is obvious that the team is well trained to make guests feel welcome.

From Sean, to Lucie, to Uta, and now Kathy; the team is OUTSTANDING!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
WEST PALM BEACH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

One of the worst place I've been as far as customer service.
Employees are so un-friendly at all.
no personality and they should not be in hospitality business because they just don't
know how to treat customer right specially if you come from out of town and here on business.
Nice room but hallways are so small. No fridge or Microwave in King Room, they never told me that it's only available in Queen Suite. They told me you can't even request one.
I WILL NEVER STAY IN ANOTHER HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AGAIN!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
kzboray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
I am sorry that you felt the need to write such bad things about this hotel and our staff. Your stay was part of a corporate group. The people in charge of your group and the rest of your group loved everything about our hotel and said that the original person in charge of this group was fired and told you to write this bad review in order for you to get a free room. We take pride in our hotel and strive to make each and every guest happy before they leave. Please feel free to contact me so I can address your issues.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I'm a business traveler and stay at this HIE & Suites every week. The management and staff do such a good job I thought I'd share my experiences. First, this hotel is conventiently located near I-75 and is within walking distance of Home Depot, Best Buy, Buffalo's, StarBucks and many other businesses. More importantly, the hotel is clean, quiet, and manned by a professional and friendly staff, including the housekeepers!. Check-in is always a breeze, which is important to me at the end of a long day on the road. The rooms are up-to-date with WiFi, LCD TV's, refrigerators, micorwave ovens, and more. The beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. I should also mention the morning breakfast, while not a cook-to-order resturant, it definately meets the needs of the traveler. The breakfast area is always clean and well stocked and the lady who maintains this area is ALWAYS friendly and cheerful with a "good morning" for everyone. This property is relatively new and well maintained, but it is the management and staff that really makes the difference. If you decide to stay here you'll be glad you did. As for me, well, "I'll be back"!

Room Tip: Rooms & Staff are GREAT!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is one of the best Holiday Inns we have experienced. We are constantly staying at different locations in Florida and this one beats them all. Most front desk employees and the manager make the hotel most pleasant. Tiffany is the sweetest and most helpful of all. It would be great if Jazmin would emulate her education and people skills. In general there is attention to detail. The fitness center is so ample that they have two tv's in the room. In addition to a great breakfast and the usual king suites amenities, they provide in room paper towels and toilet tissue that is most like the type used at home. I had a couple of minor things requiring repair after almost completing our one-week stay. The repairman was up in the room and the issues resolved within 10 minutes of my mentioning it to the front desk. There are plenty of stores and restaurants near the hotel. We just loved our two stays here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
DeBary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is my 9th stay at this hotel and it is always clean, wonderful staff, and most of all a great value! I have stayed at others and was glad to find this one. If you are in the area this is the best place to stay!

Room Tip: Try to get any floor but 3rd and 5th. They have n.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Very conveniently located to shopping, the airport and many leisure activities. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Our visit to Ft. Myers centered around our son's wedding. We hosted the rehearsal dinner in the meeting room at the hotel and the hotel staff provided assistance to in in locating local caterers, and answered my numerous questions regarding hosting a party living 400 miles from the party location. Our event was great, from planning, to set-up to clean-up. The sleeping rooms are large and very clean. The house keeping staff slipped in each day between all of our activities to straighten the room, so we always came back to a neat, clean and tidy room. The front desk staff and general manager were extrememly helpful in providng directions and answering all of our questions. Breakfast is served each morning that is hot and frequenstly refreshed. The food varied day to day which was great for us because of our length of stay.
I really can not say enough good about the hotel staff and accomodations. We do hope to travel to Ft. Myers to further explore the history and the beaches. Something that we did not have to do during our recent stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum? Share your experiences!