“A Great Value” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
North Fort Myers, Florida
“A Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been to this place several times over the past year. The service is usally good, the foods are always tasty and it comes out rather quickly (even for 12 of us). Today we sat in a booth at the bar area. The service today was very slow because the waitress is also the bartender so she has to divide her time. The appetizer came out quickly but the entrees took a very long time. So sit in the dining area for meals and only drinks & snacks at the bar area!
We will go back but will sit in the dining area. There are 2 meals for $20 lunch & dinner coupons in the paper with an app or dessert, a great value! If you register online, you'll get BOGO coupons for lunch, another great deal!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, Florida
“Too many choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Tried this Saturday afternoon. We were seated promptly, it took a little bit longer to get a waitress. We did notice that they had about 6 or 7 tables that needed to be bused. The menu is HUGE. I'm always a bit concerned when a menu is huge. I wonder what they do well? We had the Thai Salad, and Mac N Cheese. Both were good, and the portions perfect. Price seemed average for mall faire. I might try again, maybe for lunch.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“If you have not been here and live in this area you are making a mistake.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I never thought of writing about this restaurant until I got a nudge from TripAdvisor. We have been to this restaurant at least 5 times in the past few years and have only come here when we visit our grandchildren who were attending Gulf Coast College. After we found this restaurant we did not go anywhere else. Whether it was for lunch or dinner. First, the menu is fairly extensive and for lunch they make the biggest salads that I have seen and the presentation is just beautiful but generally I have a sandwich and the one that I desire most often is a Rueben and generally when we go to a lunch restaurant and I order one I am always comparing it to the best Rueben ever which is where I live in Sarasota at Michael's on East which is one of our finer restaurants. This Rueben was a close second but the cost was less. The other times we were here for dinner and I never ate the same thing nor did my wife because the menu was so extensive and so many things to choose from that she did not make at home. She is a very good cook but does not cook all of the things that I would really like, mostly because of health reasons but, when we eat out I am allowed to be bad. So when we go to the Elephant Bar I take advantage and no matter what dish I chose it was always great and better than that the prices were reasonable especially since the portions were so large, which brings me to our last visit which seemed to be unrivaled. I ordered their spare ribs and I am very fussy and bad when it comes to ribs. Most people do not order them as I do. I do not like any sauce and I like them well done. This order was the biggest slab of ribs ever received in any restaurant that we ever visited and since I am in my 80's there have been many and some very famous ones as well. Aside from the size they were made just right and were not dry but absolutely delicious but that was not all. It came with baked beans, cole slaw, and a garlic half hero roll. I could not finish it all so I had enough left for another meal. In addition to the outstanding food the service was impeccable. We had 2 servers as they took care of a number of tables and booths in the area we were seated at. Not only were they attentive to everything, I cannot stress how many times they came over to ask if everything was alright and did we need anything else but the manager came over twice to check on us once before we were served and again during our meal and he was astute enough to ask the food was and was it served to our liking and when he asked it was as if hew knew exactly what it was we ordered etc. and my wife ordered a simple well done cheeseburger which also came with onions, lettuce and tomato and cole slaw. I have read some of the other reviews and I cannot imaging why there was bad service but I remember when I was 16 and I worked in a luncheonette and my days etc. we had good days and bad, especially bad when some help decided not to show up and those days would always be our busiest.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, PA
“Could be good. Needs better service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Visited this place on a Monday afternoon for happy hour. Drink prices were fine. Appetizers tasty but the service was horrible. Unfortunately our server frustrated ourselves and several nearby tables. Sad as we'd looked forward to this bar. Beautiful place. Good food. Poor service

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
virginia
“all around good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

food was good, service was good, decor was very nice will return

Visited January 2012