“Good option to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
Miami, Florida
“Good option to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nice bedroom with oven, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Cable tv and also dvd, you can pick up movies on the front desk for free :D Beautiful view to a lake. The only downside maybe is that they do not offer breakfast. But there are a lot of place to eats arround, so not a big deal I guess.

Room Tip: Ask if all the bedrooms are the same (mini apartments) or not. I do not have idea, this one was the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a great review. We at Team Candlewood realize how your time is valuable, so we very much appreciate the comments. Please come back anytime and tell your friends about us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
ORLANDOtOURGUIDE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Reserved this room for just one day while on a reconnaissance tour to Ft. Myers. I was not impressed. The room was okay, nothing special, nothing bad, just okay. I was more irritated with the other things that make up a hotel experience. 1. My phone was not connected in my room - at all. 2. No coffee in room or in lobby. 3. No breakfast. 4. No ice machine in building. Come on, this is a moderately priced hotel - just like Hampton, Springhill Suites, Hilton Garden Inn..... what's that all about? The evening desk attendant told us to make ice in our refrigerator. Are you kidding? Just how long will it take us to "make" ice cubes on a overnight visit? And coffee. Sorry, there's no excuse for the absence of America's number one hot beverage. I was incredulous. It's the "little things" that make a "stay" memorable, and believe me, these guys made it memorable for all the wrong reasons. Switched the next night to Springhill Suites and there was an immediate world of difference in the quality of the stay. Go where you want, but I'm just saying......

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. I also apologize that you experienced a phone problem during your stay, which I will look into immediately. I hope that the second phone worked in your room, which is a standard of two phones in all of our rooms. We also provide coffee in all rooms with 24hr supplies at the front desk.

The Candlewood Hotel experience is unique and a little different than your regular extended stay hotel. Our Candlewood has a 24 hour retail shop called a cupboard, this also has coffee free to our guests. The cupboard has all kinds of snacks,supplies, food or breakfast items that are available at any time of day or night. Our Green Hotel has full size refrigerators with highly efficient ice makers in every room which provide ice 24 hours a day. These unique features allow us to offer far more competitive rates for those seeking a clean comfortable extended stay accomodations. Our Hotel also offers a heated pool, free grilling area for cooking, free 24hour laundry to our guests, a huge work out facility, all these amenities would typically cost $25 to $50 more a night at any of other hotel brands mentioned. Please on your next visit to Fort Myers, please call me directly. I can promise you a much more enjoyable stay.
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place was great to stay in until we found our new home. However, if you end up staying a while, just know that some of the staff are not the friendliest. One of the female receptionist was very unfriendly, and rude and ALWAYS smelled heavily of smoke, considering this place was smoke free facility. I think her name was Carol.

The manager is very nice, the amenities are really worth it, free laundry,guest lounge with TV couch, books and stuff that was nice and comfy, banquets room, board room for meeting, and a VERY clean swimming pool which was nice.

It's a bit pricey if you staying less than 7 days but its cheaper if you stay longer. As a platinum member I thought they would give you the check in specials, but eh do NOTHING special for Priority club member, which kind of sucks. It would make it more friendly.
I would recommend it for family, since it is kid friendly, and very safe area, close to everything, and plus hospital across the street incase emergencies.

Over all this place is recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for Clark, or Felipe they are very helpful and friendly. Try not to get room on other entrance s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
We at Team Candlewood appreciate your comments about our Hotel. I personally apologize that not all of my staff was spot on in service during your stay. I will look into your comments and I am very glad to hear that most of your stay you were satisfied. I hope you return and I would love it if you call me directly on your next visit. We thank you for your business.
Burnsville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel was very well kept, the rooms are not as large as they show in the pictures. They are actually pretty small. The pool is behind the hotel and is not in the sun, making the water pretty cold. The sun hits only a small portion of the deck. Then we ran out of toilet paper in our room and when I went to the desk to get more, they said they were out and to use tissues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Good or bad, all guest comments help me run operations bettter. I will check the pool temperture though for the pool is a heated pool. I am also sorry about not having supplies at the desk when you asked for them, these supplies are usually stocked daily. We at team Candlewood appreciate your positive comments about the Hotel being well kept. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you can return. You can contact me directly the next time your in Fort Myers, I can promise you a much better stay.

Dan Berben
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm giving this hotel a good rating for several reasons. For us the location was ideal, close to a lot of restaurants, near Sanibel, yet not far from the airport. The setting is kind of weird in an office park and access is a little confusing. But the property is fairly new and in good shape. Because it's an extended stay property you don't get the usual services you might assume; no continental breakfast or daily housekeeping. But that being said a full kitchen is nice and the cleanliness was great, very comfortable beds and quiet for sleeping. I thought it was weird they didn't have luggage racks which is the only thing I'd say they were lacking. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the studios really are small, go one step up and it's not that much more money
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Catharines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed in a room with two double beds. The room had a kitchenette with microwave, frig., coffeemaker,dishes, flatware,towels, and everything you would need for preparing or reheating simple food. Everything was very clean and ready to use.The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet and easy to get a good night's sleep.The bathroom was a decent size with hairdryer and fan but the water pressure for the shower is very low and when i told the front desk Tom the maintence man quickly showed up and cleaned the pipes and replaced the shower head.The work area for the laptop and eating area is a nice size and comfortable.There is complimentary wi-fi. The pool area only has sun from 10.30 to 12.30 as the pool was built on the back side of the hotel.They should extend the deck so u could sunbath there,instead of the parking lot, it is not nice to see many seniors sunning in the parking lot.
There isa workout facility in the hotel,and there are also free laundry facilities.Across from checkin there is a room complete with all sorts of snack foods etc for purchase on the honor system. There is also complimentary coffee,tea and hotwater,This is available 24/7 If u want a newspaper u need to get down to the desk early or they will all be gone.The staff was
courteous and helpful especially Clark.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wamego, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this great hotel for two weeks while I was in Ft. Meyers. I had originally booked for a week and extended my stay for another week because the room was so comfortable. I had stayed my first night at America's Best Value Inn, and they wouldn't give me a discounted rate for staying for a week & then the room was dirty. I called Candlewood Suites and they were cheaper plus had a kitchen, dvd player with free dvds, free laundry, and fitness room! Harvey was the politest desk clerk and was always smiling.Clark was so helpful and was always willing to give me his advice on the area (I was looking for a place to live) even when he was busy. Clark looked some information up for me on the computer which really impressed me that he took the time to do that when he didn't have to.
The bed was very comfortable and the towels were really nice. The only negative thing that I have to say is that the water pressure in the shower was really weak. But everything else in the hotel was so nice that it is easy to overlook weak water pressure. (Although a water saver shower head would fix that problem.) And the hotel is in a very nice part of town that is quiet and the rooms were quiet. Location is also close to Sanibel Island & Fort Meyers Beach plus restaurants & shopping.
The kitchen is also well equipped and had very nice pans & skillet (stainless steel). Plus salt & pepper which most other extended stay hotels don't provide.

Room Tip: Be sure to talk to either Harvey or Clark if you need something when you stay here. They are both r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We at Team Candlewood truly thank you for the great review. Harvey & Clark are two of our finest examples of how we take service to the next level!! We are all proud of how we take care of our guests because we realize that guests have many choices these days. Again, thank you for taking the time to write and hope you can come back soon.

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!