We found this Candlwood rather by accident last year and enjoyed it so much we came back again this year on our drive down the west coast of Florida. We stayed 4 nights this time as it is located in a good central location to tour the beaches of Sanibel and Captiva, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and the gorgeous Lover's Key. We booked in advance just to be sure we would get in and Harris took our booking. The room was, as before, spotlessly clean and the beds lovely and comfortable. The kitchen area was shining and all the cutlery, dishes, and pans were immaculate. It is equipped with everything you need - toaster, hob and microwave and even a dishwasher and large fridge with freezer and icemaker. The bathroom was spotless and the thick cotton towels are the best we have had in any hotel (including the top chains like Sheraton, Intercontinental etc). There was a comment from one reviewer that the fridge was noisy and they could not sleep - I am an insomniac and simply turned off the ice maker in the freezer and slept like a baby. We also appreciated a lot the complimentary coffee corner, and the ability to buy food items which are handy if you do not want to go out for dinner after a long day at the beach!! The lounge area is so comfortable, and there is a library of dvds for use during your stay. Quite simply, we felt just like we were at home - not like a hotel at all, and Harris on reception could not have been more helpful. We will definitely be back if we are in Florida again next year on vacation. We are so pleased to have found this hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway Hotel Fort Myers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway hotel conveniently located at Summerlin and Bass Roads, near Lee Memorial HealthPark and Lexington Country Club. This extended stay, all suite property is located near Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel-Captiva Island and is minutes from Everglades National Park, Manatee State Park, Tarpon Tournaments and just a short drive to Naples and Marco Island. At Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway, we put the amenities where they really count in your room. Our guests can cook meals in their fully equipped kitchen, relax in the overstuffed recliner while watching movies from our free movie library. Business travelers will work more efficiently utilizing the executive desk with 2 separate phone lines and free high-speed and wireless Internet. Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway provides our guests a free fitness center and a comfortable place to do laundry in our free guest laundry room. Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway is located nearby to many local favorite restaurants. For those guests that prefer to dine in , a fully stocked Candlewood Cupboard provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, as well as sodas, snacks, and ice cream.Earn more with each night's stay! Priority Club Members earn points and rewards every day at the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Otel, Olotels, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.