“One of our nicest Hotel stays ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Estero, Florida
“One of our nicest Hotel stays ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been staying at Candlewood Sanibel Gateway for a couple of weeks now, waiting for our condo purchase to close. We are experienced travelers, having stayed at hotel/motels from two stars all the way to four stars. This stay at Candlewood is one of the nicest ever. Certainly not a four star, but pretty close to it. A lovely, quiet, convenient area, where a walk around the neighborhood at night (or at any time) is refreshing and relaxing. The customer service has been outstanding, the staff making us feel that we are truly appreciated as guests.

Room Tip: We were in a second floor room for the first week, which was fine, but our dog didn't like the e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites, Fort Myers/Sanibel. We truly appreciate your kind words and will be happy to share your comments with the staff. We love to make our guests feel at home!

Happy Holidays!

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My Fiancee and I were in the area to look at property in the Fort Myers area. We were greeted by Clark & Harris very warmly. Beautiful room especially for the price ! Clark advised us on different areas we might be interested in as well as 2 great places for dinner. Even showed us on the map where we should be. When we checked out, Harris was still as friendly as at checkin. We promise to return in a few weeks. Thanks again guys !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites in Fort Myers/Sanibel. We take great pride in making sure our guests feel at home while staying with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Clark and Harris.

Once again Thank You! We look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays!

Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our 2nd stay " @ this location. This experience is a complete ¨about face¨ from our last visit (negatively).
Shower has no water pressure. It was easier to shower at the beaches (didn't do). The fridge was noisy all night long (can't sleep). The towels were gray & dingy (Bought towels @ wal-mart). Coffee pot was dirty (not fit for brewing coffee). The best experience was meeting Carol at the front desk. Although, she seemed "overwhelmed" by not having a chair in which to sit while working w/ customers. She had to "hunch over" a low counter & we could see she was uncomfortable. The rates are great. But, I think I would prefer to pay more for better service & accomodations. Not having room service is a large negative factor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Candlewood Suites. I am truly sorry that you did not have a positive experience. I don't know if you reported these issues during your stay as we would have been happy to change your room. If you find yourself in this area again please give me a call and I will personally make your reservation to an upgraded room.

Again, I apologize for your problems.

At your service,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Hard to find. Arrived very late. Clerk at the desk (older man) was extremley rude and seemed a little bit degrading due to us being not QUITE as old as him. However we're professionals, so i suppose he should think twice and be equally kind to ALL guests. Never had this happen to me. The rooms were goood, but if staff is rude or has a "whatever" attitude, it loses all its value. Alerted all my local friends of business this as well. They also did some weird late time charge for the room (as in other reviews mentioned)
Just not worth it. Hope they shape up for their own sake!

• Stayed September 2012
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel. I am so sorry that you were not treated kindly by our staff. This is not how we treat our guests. I am unaware of any weird late charges so I will be looking into this.

Again, I apologize for your less than perfect stay.

Orlando,Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

At check-in meet CAROL at front desk, her attitude was YES I can. I was able to use my Priorty Club points to upgrade to a 1 Bedroom, beautiful suite. The pool is heated. The cubboard is on the honor system with all amenties. Hotel cannot be seen from Summerlin Road and is very quiet, located next to a middle school. Short 5 miles to beaches, 1 mile to Publix shopping center with a Five Guys Burger location. Looking forward to staying at this location again.

Room Tip: Use Priorty Club points for upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel. Carol is a great employee that takes great care of our guests. She takes great pride in making everyone feel welcome.

We look forward to your next visit.

Anoka, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our 3rd time back. The last time we were here the internet worked fine for ahile then nothing, this time the same thing. The gym equipment should not allow kids 12 and under to mess with the equipment.
The free laundry facilities, and kitchenettes are great. Not sure if we will go back.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to swim with sun, this is not the place to go. I took my chair out t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel, Florida. I am sorry to hear that the WIFI was not working as well as it should have. I will make sure to look into this.

I really hope that you will give another chance next time you are in the area.

At your Service,

Jacksonville Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites in Ft. Myers for a week for a business trip. It was so nice to have a full kitchen so I could cook my own food in my room. The bed was extremely comfy & they have your choice of 3 different types of pillows. I was working at the Health Park hospital which was just across the street, very convenient. Ft. Myers Beach was a very short drive so I got to enjoy off hours R&R out there. Carol checked us in & was extra nice getting us a great rate. Everyone that worked the front desk was extremely pleasant.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side which faces a nice pond. Rooms facing the front look out over the park...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel. I am very glad that we could be your "home away from home". Facing the back side of the building seems to be a favorite of most of our guests. Fort Myers beach is beautiful, and I hope that you were able to catch one of our fabulous sunsets.

We look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to Fort Myers, FLorida

Happy Holidays!

Micheline Lobdell

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!