This was our second stay at the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway hotel, We had a little trouble with the first room because the shower diverter was broken. This was easily remedied by changing rooms. The front desk was nice enough to put us in a room with a pond view as we had originally requested. We love watching the turtles and alligator that inhabit the pond.
We had booked the hotel 2 months in advance and as luck would have it, Fort Myers was being threatened by hurricane Isaac. We enjoyed the lending library of dvds that were available to pass the time as the weather was somewhat undesirable for the first few days of our stay.By Tuesday, the storm had passed and the weather was beautiful for the rest of our 8 night stay. We checked out right before Labor Day weekend as the hotel was seeing an influx of guests checking in.
Overall, this hotel is in a nice quiet area away from traffic. Very clean rooms with a microwave, stovetop burners, toaster, fridge, and a dishwasher. Its nice to hit the grocery store and save some money on a few meals. Be warned though , there is no oven so those big frozen pizzas are out of the question, lol.
We will stay at this hotel anytime we are in the Fort Myers/Sanibel Island area. We look forward to our next stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway Hotel Fort Myers
- Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway hotel conveniently located at Summerlin and Bass Roads, near Lee Memorial HealthPark and Lexington Country Club. This extended stay, all suite property is located near Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel-Captiva Island and is minutes from Everglades National Park, Manatee State Park, Tarpon Tournaments and just a short drive to Naples and Marco Island. At Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway, we put the amenities where they really count in your room. Our guests can cook meals in their fully equipped kitchen, relax in the overstuffed recliner while watching movies from our free movie library. Business travelers will work more efficiently utilizing the executive desk with 2 separate phone lines and free high-speed and wireless Internet. Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway provides our guests a free fitness center and a comfortable place to do laundry in our free guest laundry room. Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel Gateway is located nearby to many local favorite restaurants. For those guests that prefer to dine in , a fully stocked Candlewood Cupboard provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, as well as sodas, snacks, and ice cream.Earn more with each night's stay! Priority Club Members earn points and rewards every day at the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.