“always a great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
florida
“always a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have been eating at yabo since it's inception, which was a tiny storefront that helld about 8 tables. the food is consistently good. The one thing i miss about new location is that since expansion, there is no dish that is created nightly, everything is on the menu. That being said, this is a very relaxed place with suprisingly great food and wonderful folks. If you are lucky you can catch a major league band come through...Not to be missed, and to be enjoyed time and time again.

This is my go to place. For me, for company, for family.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food has never disappointed.. We love their salads- big enough to share. Have enjoyed their pastas and fish specials. Great service and wine. Skip the desserts. We tell everyone to go here and everyone has loved it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Five star food in a storefront restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have made a couple visits to Yabo now. This past week a friend and I had dinner there again. I had the gorgonzola salad and the veggie spaghettini. The gorgonzola is absolutely delicious and a meal in itself. In the future I will order this delicious salad to share with my friend. The veggie spaghettini is a favorite on several levels. First, it is whole wheat pasta that is very tasty. Second it is a true vegetarian dish - classic whole food with terrific taste. The food presentation, colors and texture is wonderful. I needed to add black pepper but usually do so with past dishes. They have a great wine list and the service this night - very crowded - was excellent.

This is a place where I will eat again and again. One of the best in Fort Myers for food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“My favorite restaurant in the whole entire universe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I don't know where to start....I LOVE YABO so, so much! Whenever anyone asks what my favorite restaurant is, I tell them Yabo without hesitation. What makes Yabo so special: the staff, the ambiance, the music, the food, omg, the food!!! If you haven't been, go! I've been trying to sample everything on the menu and have yet to be disappointed. I feel like a I have a fever and the only prescription is more YABO. If you haven't been yet, GO, go right now! Don't walk, run to YABO!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not good since they moved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have had dinner at Yabo many times at the old location and absolutely loved it. Since they moved to the new location, both times we've been there we have left disappointed.

My entree, the tenderloin, was two smallish medallions, a little on the thin side for tenderloin. The first one was good, although it was covered in a sauce that seemed to be 90% salt that had to be scraped off. The second one was inedible, almost tasted like the meat was bad. The entree came with 4 stalks of asparagus and a massive pile of mashed potatoes. It seemed a little weak to overplate mashed potatoes and skimp on the rest. My wife had a bison steak special and it was average at best, again covered in an over salted sauce.

The desserts at the new location are from Norman Love confections and again very average. The old location used to have excellent desserts, so I'm not sure why they switched. We asked for the tiramisu and got a piece of chocolate cake with a bunch a cinnamon on it. This is not tiramisu and since it's "Norman Love" it is not inexpensive.

Very disappointing to no longer be able to go to what was once one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited June 2012