“lisa carson long island n.y” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Fort Myers (Central)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Fort Myers (Central) to your Saves list
Value Place Fort Myers (Central)
4395 Colonial Blvd, Colonial Blvd. & I-75 (exit 136), Fort Myers, FL 33912   |
Ranked #43 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
New York City, New York
“lisa carson long island n.y”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

i was down in florida last year i spent a few months here i cant believe people can slander this place! the rooms were sooo clean, i could never stay in filth im on chemo and i go to a facility close by for treatment! and the people who work here were so kind and helpful. it blows my mind that people can be so negitive and to put down jerry who i called smilie who works the front desk amazes me !he was so nice .... i have to go back to the treatment center soon and will be staying here again for a few months.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Myers (Central), responded to this review, October 29, 2012
October 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Front desk was good...but after it closes you are on your own. They have a after hours number but it is always busy and that is because the person who is susposed to answer it is not on property.....The noise was so loud that I could hear the music in the elevator from other floors. I was also told by the front desk that the nosie was from all the drug dealers who stay there and the crack prostitutes who use this place as a office.. so that will tell you that the story about bed bugs are true......now that come from the people that work there.....would not stay again or reconmend to anyone else....

Room Tip: To find a good room here....go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Be aware BedBugs all over the rooms! I was so disgusted.I book 2 rooms and both of them had bedbugs. GM, Jerry I think, was very rude and unfriendly! i will never be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Myers (Central), responded to this review, April 2, 2012

Millheim, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The place was clean and quiet. First night there, my phone rang all night long. They had my phone as the maintenance number. Staff was helpful but NO one smiled or was outwardly friendly. Wasn't what I expected. It is a rental and you have to do your own cleaning. Wasn't make clear in ad. No pool and a list of things that will get you evicted with no warning. I won't stay at this Value Place again. Unless its under new management.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Fort Myers (Central), responded to this review, March 29, 2012

Port Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Value Place on Colonial Blvd in Fort Myers for almost 2 weeks while we waited for our house purchase to go through.We were pleasantly surprised.It was clean and very quiet for such a large facility and in such a busy part of the city.It felt safe at all times.We would suggest using your own linens,which we did.Their towels and sheets are OK,but for longer than a few nights,your own would be better.The laundry facilities were good,the office help was always helpful and efficient.The office is closed on Sunday,so plan for that.We always had hot water,the fridge was full-sized and clean.All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and if you are not a smoker,be sure not to settle for a room on a smoking...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Xenia, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was the first time I have stayed at a Value Place. I had a slight problem pertaining to a credit card with my reservation. It had not put the cost in pending and with the rental car, my card was almost full. My plane had been delayed so it was after midnight when I got to the hotel. Kenny was on duty and we worked to figure out what was going on. He was very helpful and when we figured things out he got the GM, Jerry, and he went above and beyond to help me out so I could spend my week there. I am so grateful for the whole staff that I dealt with. All 3 were very friendly and helpful with any inquiries I had. I will definately book here on my next trip, which is usually an annual event. THANK YOU.

Room Tip: My first floor room was quiet even though this hotel is located on an extremely busy street. Having...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The room was like it stated. The beds were firm but comfortable. The rooms were clean. I didn't like how it was billed. It wasn't clear what was paid for and what was included. I thought my internet was already paid for and they stated that it hadn't been included and I had to pay more. From their billing, I couldn't tell.

The internet connection was slow to start with, and was no faster than dial up during parts of the day.

My main problem with the place was the constant pounding from a toddler running back and forth across their room, which was somewhere around us but you couldn't tell from which one, and this went on continuously the whole time we were there. Evidently there is no insulation for noise in the building as it was loud enough to be very irritating. I complained to the management but they said they couldn't determine where it was coming from so they offered to move us to another room. Only problem was that instead of moving us to another part of the building, they moved us from the 3rd floor to the second floor to a room directly below where we were. The noise was just as loud there. I didn't feel like carrying all of our belongings to yet another room, so we put up with this for a couple of more days but left one day early. We also talked to another visitor who had the same problem. The management said sorry but really didn't seem too concerned about remedying the problem.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Value Place Management

Been to Value Place Fort Myers (Central)? Share your experiences!