“Beautiful and convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
“Beautiful and convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at this resort twice within the past 3 years. Both visits were only one night (a precursor to Captiva home rental) but wonderful.

The Sanibel Tower is the main tower and my preferred location, as the furnishings are more up to date.

Decent rates for the resort can be found, however, food/drinks are at a premium - not unusual for a resort.

Highlights -

-wonderful pools and gorgeous grounds
-wonderful front desk service
-great food - especially the breakfast buffet - waitress was WONDERFUL!

Lows -
- no beach access
- not enough chairs at pool which creates a huge mess - every morning between 7 and 8 am people are rushing down to the pool to "reserve" SEVERAL lounge chairs all together (on my recent trip a man actually spread hotel pool towels over 12 lounge chairs at 8 am and then didn't come down until after 11am. VERY RUDE and inconsiderate to many guests at the hotel
-poolside bar/restaurant opens too late and closes too early
-waitress at dinner was very "curt and short" not polite in the least

Room Tip: request Sanibel Tower
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Nashville TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I really enjoy this property every time I come. Stayed in Captiva this time w/shuttle service to the main building where most of our conference activities were held. The shuttle drivers were kind and courteous but the vehicles left some to be desired. The one w/well operating air conditioning was hard to enter/exit due to high step up and challenge navigating to the back seating, especially w/the necessary carry-on items need for conference sessions and the mini-bus configured one was hot hot hot at the peak of warmest time of year; saving grace was that the rides, albeit frequent, were short. Room was spacious and comfortable. Maid service was good but tub drained slowly and shower pressure was not as vigorous as expected. Enjoyed the 2nd floor Captiva lounge but missed that there was no sandwich/snack shop adjacent as had been in the past. Food on the property was pricey but our group had basic meals provided 3x a day so, in spite of many evening dining chicken meals, food was plentiful and fresh. Yes, I'll go back again.

Room Tip: Main building will eliminate the need for shuttle for Captiva poses if you have need to go to main.
Green Features: towel save is available and effective; meeting rooms are too cold following aqua sessions. I know of no other features to mention to achieve the 50 character response requirement.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband & I stayed in the 1-bed room suite #1092 for two nights and enjoyed it. Friendly and efficient check in staff, the best and fastest valet parking we have ever had, beautiful lobby overlooking the gorgeous view of the pool and ocean. Our corner suite has two balconies each with two chairs, a small table and wonderful ocean view.
We give the rating of 4 instead of 5 because the room housekeeping needs improvement: This is the first time a Marriott has not prepared our bed "feather free", but the situation was corrected. The face cloth was stained with yellow spots and only one cup for the coffee machine. The bathroom wall needs paint touch up. The maid did not understand simple English sentences.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Sanibel Tower for convenience.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had discovered this property a number of years ago and it had become one of our favorites. We love the location and the grounds. Wooden walkways lead you through trees and over water to get to the spa and fitness center. It is like you are on a secluded walk and could be very romantic. We did use the spa ( my daughter a massage and myself a pedicure).. Both services and the spa were great.
We spent 2 nites watching the sunset while we ate. You couldn't ask for better atmosphere.The other night we went across to Sanibel and another tried a place in Ft Meyers.
The staff are excellent from Bilal at the front desk, Phil ( bell staff).. Our great housekeeper on the 7th floor...I could go on and on. I really enjoyed talking to Eileen in the shop by the pool. Turns out she went to high school at our rival and we shared some great stories. The pools are lovely and my family enjoyed taking out a kayak. We watched dolphins from our balcony. We had a great view of the causeway and Sanibel.
When you enter the lobby you see what a grand facility it is and it gets better from there!
Stay here and experience it for yourself!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms for several days including spa services. I request a room on a high floor, resort view and a refrigerator. Not only did I not get a room on a high floor, but the refrigerator was not available and the view from both rooms is of a roof with a satellite dish. Upon speaking with the front desk I was told that even though I called to confirm things days ago, especially the refrigerator, they were unable to provide them due to other activities (a last minute wedding & conference overflow). If this was the case, this should have been mentioned during the 2 phone calls I had this week or during prior phone calls. I understand that these may not all be achievable but to check-in a find that the one item (refrigerator) that was stressed as important & verbally confirmed was not available due to last minute events is concerning & disappointing. In addition to this, I placed a call to housekeeping for 1 towel & 1 pillow and didn't receive them until 2 almost 2 hours later. This is not the kind of customer service I expected from a Marriott that was the winner of a 2014 Trip Advisor award. This is definitely not the experience I expected from a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi islanchild .

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your feedback on your most recent visit to our resort. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been addressed.

Our resorts goal is to offer a Brilliant Experience to each and every guest we serve. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the future and provide the experience we know our resort team can provide. Thanks again for being our guest.

Safe Travels,

Your Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa Team
Rutland, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Planned only one night but so beautiful we stayed two! Friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and a view to die for. All at a great cost. This is right next to Sanibel Island. Restaurants on site served excellent food. Thanks for a nice break

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had a suite and found the furniture, layout and electronics quite dated. The whole place had a worn down, need of new furniture and paint. Number of electrical sockets was like homes in the 50's. Room service was terrific. Parking charges were just stupid as I self parked in their garage. The view from my room should have been terrific but there was so much salt on the window I couldn't see out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hi Mercant700,

Safe Travels,

Your Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa Team

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!