I stayed here for a conference and like other conference-centered resorts, you are stuck here when you are staying here unless you want to drive. You are captive to the restaurants on site and the amenities available there. I've stayed at several such resorts, usually with unhappy experiences.
If you do have a car, it is in a good location -- easy drive across the causeway to Sanibel and Captiva. It is also an easy drive to Fort Myers Beach, but the traffic is unbelievable on that causeway.
But since the amenities are so plentiful here, I am giving this stay a very good rating. There are bicycles to use, pools to swim in, a fishing dock, small beach, spas and many other activities for guests. I did sit by the pool, but didn't have a chance to use many amenities since I was attending a conference (though it was tempting). The staff was incredibly friendly and well-trained.
The rooms are large and clean with a good flat screen television and nice deck overlooking the pool and harbor. The sunsets were spectacular. I ate mostly at the conference, but I did have a flatbread pizza at the gazebo-shaped casual restaurant (it was overpriced and uninspired).
Overall, this is a good resort with much to offer a conference planner, family looking for a getaway or a couple wanting a romantic weekend away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Harbour Marriott Hotel Fort Myers
- Sanibel Harbour Hotel
- Sanibel Harbour Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Resort And Spa
- Sanibel Harbor Resort And Spa