“Most Genuinely Friendly Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Coral Springs, Florida
“Most Genuinely Friendly Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently for a business conference, which took place at the hotel. I was delighted by the beautiful foyer entrance. The decor throughout the hotel is lovely, laid back, well-coordinated.

The rooms are spacious, and have a beach theme without being cheesy. I really liked the comforter duvet cover, since I am constantly running into places that just fold two flat sheets over the comforter. The bathroom was very spacious and had great light to put on my make up.

I had the morning brunch, which was good and the rectangular trayp-style plates were adorable. The pool bar sandwich was good and so was the catered/ ball room dinner. I was not too impressed with the other restaurant. Everywhere I ordered the drinks were strong!

The staff at the hotel really made me feel welcomed, and everyone was delighted to help me, say hello to me. The staff comes off as genuinely friendly. I would come back here just for the staff.

Two criticisms: The pool area is small especially on a sunny day when everyone, it seems like, wants to take a dip.

Housekeeping: My shower was not cleaned, and I know this because the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles I used were still in the same spot I left in the shower and a few of my hair strands were flung on the shower tiles from combing out my hair and those were still there. And the next day I had three decaf coffees and had to call down for at least one regular to make my morning coffee and that's just carelessness.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Harrisonburg Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

When I went into my suite, I felt like I was in Trump Towers. Elegant but comfortable and with everything you could possibly want.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Palm City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The grounds and common areas of the hotel were clean and orderly, and my experience with the staff was always friendly and pleasant. The choice of food in the buffet was incredible, but the chairs were too low for the tables and on both days at breakfast I experienced syrup on the side of the table that I leaned into while eating and got on my blouse. Not a big deal,

My room, however, a different story. My dresser was missing the top drawer. And in the place where the drawer was supposed to be were several blueberries from the last guest which the cleaning staff missed. On the bathroom shelf were a pair of wax swimming plugs from the last guest, and, although the bedding and bathroom sink, countertop, and tub were clean and sanitary, the housekeeping staff had not cleaned the tile surrounding the bathtub as there was so much dried soap scrum that I cleaned it myself before I stepped in to take a bubble bath. The mirror in the bathroom had fingerprints on it from the last guest and they stayed there for the two days I was at the hotel.

I did see the manager upon checkout and he adjusted my bill by reducing the $15 a day resort fee. The staff was extremely professional and available for comments, complaints, suggestions, etc. The hotel definitely needs updating and the cleaning staff (at least for my room) needs a serious talking-to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Beautiful, clean and friendly. Felt like we were really on a far away vacation. The food was expensive just like any resort. This is definitely a family instead of a couples retreat. There was no adult entertainment that lasted after 10:00 pm. Charley's, the lounge, had a DJ with a computer......closed at 10:00 pm. The staff didn't make you feel very comfortable...seemed to have way more fun talking and messing with each other than taking care of the patrons. This includes the bartenders, servers and the DJ.
The servers around the pool were amazing, you never had to wait for a thing.
Rooms were beautiful and very clean. There just wasn't much to do as adults.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pools! They all have balconies which was a real plus for us!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Islip Terrace, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

First of all, this is NOT a beach hotel, as photos can deceive. The hotel never mentions beach amenities, but we did hear people express their disappointment upon check in. Also, despite the name, this hotel is NOT on Sanibel island.

I must say that the service was truly fantastic. Every employee was friendly and warm.

Hotel location is good, it's right near the bridge to Sanibel Island.

The prices however, are RIDICULOUS for a hotel that clearly needs updating. Prices at the hotel bar far exceeded what I'm used to paying at NYC bars! Food at the bar was also blah. not many options, but a great view. $12 self park fee was also high.

At the amount we spent for a night OFF-PEAK, we expected far more luxuries. The rooms are dated and need a makeover.

The pool is meager. 3.5ft deep, not at all accommodating to laps or swimming.

Two of the pools were closed for a special event when we went, and we weren't told in advance. When we inquired, it was recommended that we check out another building (where, I should note, there is no bar nor food available).

Gym is exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

No beach. Nice resort if you want seclusion and away from it all with nice harbor views and a view of the bridge to sanibel. Must have a car as you're away from everything else. Clean, spacious, captive tower was nice, had it's own private pool.

• Stayed June 2011
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I came to relax and we did just that. The hotel lobby is just beautiful and the hotel overlooks the bay. You can see dolphins and manatees in the water! The staff greeted us upon our arrival. Our room was nicely appointed. Howver the a/c was not working properly which really wasn't apparent until our 2nd day so when we told the front desk, they immediataely changed our room and offered to pack us up! Everyone says hello and the nice lady (I believe her name was Vicki) at the dessert shop offered to fix us something even after they closed. Management & staff (and in particular Michael) was so helpful and courteous. They even called after we switched rooms to apologize for the issue with the room and offered to do something for us before we left. We took them up on the deilcious breakfast buffet. The food at the restaurants was just fabulous. Although the hotel could use a little "lift" it is beautiful and we would definately stay there again. Great location too!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the bay is the best!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!