“Thank you Michael” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
AUBURN
“Thank you Michael”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

As a flight attendant we stay many places. This hotel is great because of Michael the security guard/ wonderful man......thank you Michael for always making us feel welcome and at home. I'm going to take a guess on your last name from memory Molitor. Thanks again and hope we see you soon!!

Room Tip: they are all nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Candace G--thank you for taking the time to recognize Michael for great service. We value our airline partners and do our best to make their stay quiet and comfortable. I have already passed on my appreciation to Michael for his service with a smile!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel awhile back (Thankgiving 2012) but we were just talking with each other about how friendly everyone was. Front desk, Shoeless Joes, Breakfast staff. We were really impressed. Thought we should say so.
Tom

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Tom, thanks so much for taking the time to compliment our staff on their friendliness. We share all comments from all social sites, and positive ones like yours continue to motivate the team. Hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel had a very modern and contemporary look. We had two adjoining rooms that worked perfectly for a family of four. The breakfast buffet was easy and tastey. The van driver was extremely helpful. We also had a great experience with the conveniently located on-site Advantage Rental Car booth. Excellent location relative to the Germaine Arena, all the shops and restaurants across the street, and the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Robert M; It was our pleasure to serve you and your family. Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this nice review of our hotel accommodations and staff. We look forward to your return!
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

A huge safety violation occurred to me at this hotel. The short version is as follows. At 8am there was prolonged noise in the hall. I called the front desk, they sent someone up. Noise continued, was 2 young boys sitting in the hall playing a video game. I called back and was told "We can't make them move." I told her, "What? This is a hotel, you are to provide a sleeping environment for people." Remember, this is 8am, not 3pm (which would still be a problem as people sleep all hours). Again she told me she couldn't make them move out of the HALL, (not the lobby or in the room, but the hall, in front of DOORS!) or be quiet. But she said she would send someone up again. The kids move. 5 mins later I hear screaming in the hall. Upon looking out my peephole I see one of the kids yelling at a lady and cursing like crazy, at my door! The man who came up to ask them to move told them what room the complaint came from, that I was a women and what my job was! I know this because the kid was yelling it all at the lady in the doorway. This hotel violated my safety multiple times! They should never tell where a complaint is from, who that person is and what they do! I was shocked.
Upon speaking with the manager I was told that was against policy for sure and he would look into it.
I will NOT stay here again. Who knows what else could happen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for writing and I wish to apologize right away for this occurrence. In speaking with the security officer on duty, although he didn't think the kids were a threat to anyone, I coached him about being less specific when handling guest to guest complaints, to always make sure the complaint is coming from the hotel and not another guest. Our assistant general manager thought he handled the situation to your satisfaction, but I realize that is not the case. Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention and please know that we have used this issue as a re-training lesson for our staff. The safety and security of our guests are of the utmost concern to us.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the night we arrived and the night we left Fort Myers. Both stays were great. Staff was exceptional. Rooms and beds were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and good. We would definitely stay here agaIn!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Ras, we very much appreciate you taking your valuable time to "tell the world" about your wonderful experience with us. Please come back soon!
Minnesotta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Felt like I was at a more upscale hotel, like a Hilton. We stayed four nights. They put us on the third floor facing a small lake and pool. The hotel is in an ideal location, close to the airport, shops and a major highway [75], perfect for day trips. The property is well maintained, very clean, looks new.

From the moment we checked in, one of the things we first noticed was how nice and friendly the staff was. The staff was also very accommodating, like housekeeping, after our first night we requested to have additional pillows and after we returned from our day trip, they were there. The front desk staff, the ink ran out of the printer in their business center, they promptly changed it. We never felt like we were inconveniencing them, they were pleased to take care of our needs.

I especially liked their happy hour, free pasta “appetizer” but really it was like a meal, cooked to order and good music, relaxing after a busy day.

If I’m ever in the Ft. Myers area again, I would look to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the lake. Check out their free happy hour, that may be all you need for di...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear WMTZ, thank so much for sharing your kind words on the friendliness of our staff. We are also happy that you enjoyed our Friday evening "Jazzy Hours" live music and complimentary pasta bar promotion. Hope to see you back with us one day real soon!
Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My daughter was graduating from FGCU so we stayed here Dec. 14 2012. The staff was excellent as was the room. VERY CLEAN,beds are comfortable and so were the pillows. Breakfast is not included but available. Fri. night they have a free pasta bowl that was very good and live music. Very nice pool and hot tub with a nice lake view. Gulf coast town center is right across the highway. Even though we live close by my husband and I are coming back for a night.

Room Tip: King size rooms have bigger walk in showers. 2 queen beds have bath tub and shower combo
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear CapeCoral Alley, we love FGCU! In fact, one of the hotel owners and I are proud to be guest lecturers and advisory board members of the Resort and Hospitality Program. Thanks so much for sharing your kind comments, please feel free to ask for me next time, we'd love to meet you and your family.

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center? Share your experiences!