“Gorgeous property and excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tampa, Florida
“Gorgeous property and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was honestly surprised about how nice the hotel was! The hotel is completely new and is very well maintained. Everything is clean and the staff goes out of their way to help. The hotel has a great location close to the airport, so you can just their free shuttle, which is very convenient. Loved the food at the restaurant too! Can't beat the value! Would definitely recommend and will be back!!

Room Tip: Get the lake view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MauriceM_10, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Lilynka; thank you very kindly for taking the time to "tell the world on tripadvisor" how impressed you were with our hotel. I will pass the great comments on food to Chef Murray. Also appreciate your acknowledgement of the staff; they have recently won the Torchbearer Award for top customer service. We hope you will return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was there for a baseball tournament and I must say the place is clean, well kept, large, and tasty! The room was much larger than expected. A glass shower instead of a tub was spotless! AC was a little loud, but kept the room at the perfect temperature. Front desk (Andy) always had a smile and helpful. I only had ONE issue at breakfast when I asked for turkey sausage instead of pork. The woman insisted I had to pay when I knew I didn't. I was without the first day, but it was cheerfully served the second (still surprised why I didn't blast that woman.) Though I didn't use it, I was grateful to see a well-kept bar and I really wished I had used the restaurant. I would definitely stay there again! Great place for a team to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Traveling VBall Mom-thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. Several of us also have kids on traveling sports teams so we get to see both sides of the situation and try and make the teams who choose to stay with us feel special. Sorry about the sausage mix-up, of course you are correct there should not have been a charge for the substitution. I have used your comments to emphasize that with our restaurant staff. We also will reward Andy for having his name mentioned in a positive way. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next tournament in the area.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I own a residential moving company, and I arrived at the hotel late after a 21 hr drive. I didn't have a reservation, but did find that there was a room available. There was a pretty nasty lighting/rain storm going on. The young lady at the desk, Hunter, was very nice and ready to help. I adviser her that I wanted to pay cash for the room and she advised me there was a $50 deposit. No problem. I did show her my credit card but did not want to use the card, as I did not want to have a charge on it. I paid cash for the room $94.35. Hunter seemed to be new and Fransico came over to help her with the booking. He gave me back the $50 deposit since I showed him the credit card, assuring me there would not be a hold on the account unless I charged something to the room. I asked for a smoking room, but was informed it was a non smoking room and could smoke out in front of the hotel.
After entering the room, my husband went down in the lobby to complain about an odor in the room and dirty towels on the bathroom floor. The person at the desk apologized and gave him a card for a free appetizer at the Happy Hour bar. Check out is at 11am, and it was already past the bars hrs when we checked in. The coupon was of no use to us at all, but at least it was an effort. We also asked for coffee and was told to go to the restaurant to buy it. There was a pot in the room, but no coffee to put in it. After my step son went back to explain we wanted coffee for the room, not just to have a cup on coffee, Katherine begrudgingly gave him a packet for the room.
My husband and traveling companions went out several times during a lighting storm to smoke. They carried empty water bottles with them to dispose of any cigarette ashes or butts.
I ordered pizzas from room service. After a 1/2 hr wait, room service arrives, and I paid cash for the pizza. Delivery had no change so I ended up paying $40 for 2 $9.95 pizzas. The pizza itself was not good, downright tasteless. But after such a long drive, we were hungry and ate what we ordered and went to bed.
At 10:00am, housekeeping gave a slight knock and opened my door before I could answer it. I told her I did not need housekeeping, with her response being, but you are leaving. I told her not until 11 and I did not need her service at this time.
I checked out promptly at 11 and went on my way.
After checking my bank account, I found 4 different charges on the card from this Holiday Inn. Total of the charges equaling $500!!! My husband called, yes irate. The person who answered the phone, Asst. Gen Mgr, Julio said they charged us for smoking in the room, $250, and the other charges were just holds. After arguing that we did not smoke, he agreed to refund the charge. It is not Tuesday afternoon, and I have yet to see the credit, or these mystery holds removed from my account.
As of now I have paid nearly $600 for a room I rented for less than 15 hrs!! I have stayed in many Holiday Inn's throughtout the country and have never had such a terrible experience. I promise that this customer will never be back, and will advise others to beware.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not feel the warmth and service which other guests on tripadvisor have been raving about. As a point of clarification, when cash and/or debit cards are used for payment, hotels require an additional deposit (usually $50 per night) in the event of damage or room charges. The bank authorizes the deposit and those funds are frozen until the bank releases them. Oftentimes that occurs several days after check-out. We recall that you requested a smoking room, but many hotels are opting to be smoke free or limit their smoking inventory to one or two rooms. Smoking in non-smoking rooms costs hotels thousands of dollars to rid the room of the persistent stench of nicotine. Although debris and odor of nicotine was reported in the room, and despite being barraged with profanity-laced tirades about the charge, our manager Julio refunded the smoking charge as well as offered to speak to the bank requesting early release of the $50 deposit. A positive hotel experience works both ways: the hotel staff provides services and amenities for the guests and in return the guests show consideration of other guests, care of the facility and respect for the staff.
Matthews, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

From the first time I met the stay until we left three days later, they provided exceptional service. Esp Brian Holly (the manager). he went out of his way to help us and make our staff the best it could be. I ususally stay at Marriotts and Holiday Inns are my second choice, but I'm glad I had the opp to stay here. Additionally I was concerned that this hotel would have that "sandy" mildew smell like many Florida hotels. - obviously, this was not the case. This hotel is a true 5*, and one of my top hotels that I've ever stayed at. Everything is new, clean and very near hwy, food, shops, etc... I highly recommend staying here. Dan Buttrey

Room Tip: Large clean very nice rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Mr Dan B--it was really great meeting you and your family at our hotel. Thanks so much for writing a nice review of our hotel and especially noting the excellent service provided by our staff. We hope to see you again soon, and we expect we will see Ty on television before long~!
Orlando,Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

From check-in with Franciso Xavier to check out , this hotel far exceeds any hotel I stayed at for business this year. I cannot wait to come back. Excellent pool and spa area with fire pit over looking a large bass lake. Happy hour 5-8pm with $2.50 Drafts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear 1Trader; we are extremely pleased that you shared your positive experiences on tripadvisor. Francisco is indeed one of our very best and he has recently earned a promotion largely due to his superior guest service. Glad you enjoyed the firepit and Happy Hour, hope to see you at our Friday "Jazzy Hours" when we feature live jazz and complimentary pasta stations for all guests..
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here before flying home Saturday morning. Didn't expect much from Holiday Inn but location and airport shuttle were what we wanted. Turned out to be a great stay. We could hear the live music as we checked in. Happy 'hour' was from 5-8. Had a free food bar that worked like a breakfast omlet bar except the dish was pasta (3 choices) with about 10 toppings (shimp, chicken, garlic, diced tomatoes, etc.). Great food. And enjoyable entertainment. After it was over the head chef sat at our table and visited with us. Oh yea, the building was very new and the room was nice. On a 5 star scale, I give it 6!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Tim S.--Chef Murray sends his regards!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your very positive experience at our hotel. It is feedback like yours that motivates us and makes our team want to strive even harder to pro-actively please the guests. Please come back and visit with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

It was very % minutes from the airport, and there are plenty of shops and restaurants right across the street. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean! The bed was comfortable and overall it was a good location and clean and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Luvenmyboyz--thanks so much for your glowing review of our hotel! I will share with the staff. We take our hiring very seriously and are committed to on-going training of staff and encourage management development. Plus we try and make it fun! Letters like yours serve to motivate us and maintain our committment to pro-active guest service. Come see us again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center? Share your experiences!