“Wow! What else can I say. Did a one night...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Magic Wind Adventure Sailing specializes in sailing adventures on the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Fort Myers Beach Florida. Half Day Sails, Sunset Sails and Overnight/Custom Charters are available.I've been in business since 2007 in Fort Myers Beach and enjoy sharing the Magic of the Sea aboard s/v Star of Orion, a 38 foot sailing yacht. I look forward to our time on the sea.
“Wow! What else can I say. Did a one night...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Wow! What else can I say. Did a one night cruise with capt. Dan. The personality of the captain, the comfort of the boat and the over all sensation of the trip can only be discribed as incredible! Booked a second trip for ourselves and friends before we even got back to the dock! We met a skilled captain, great chef and new friend on this trip! Can't wait for our next adventure with Captain Dan!

Oxford, Massachusetts
“A great 10th Anniversary present for my wife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My wife had no idea about the plans I made with Captain Dan. I kept trying to come up with ideas that she wouldn't expect from me and this was it. Captain Dan was very personable, an easy person to speak to who allows you to have as much fun on the boat as you wish. You can tell from speaking with him that not only does he love what he does, but he is also very accommodating to make you happy . Once we got out half way on our cruise, Captain Dan let our 7 year old son blow the famous "Conch" that he offers all of his passengers to blow. Once you blow the Conch, you now belong to the infamous "Conch Blower Club" and your picture will be posted on his website...a pretty cool idea. After we arrived back from our trip, Captain Dan recommended the Parrot Key Caribbean Grill which is right there at the docks...the food (and drinks) were great! We will be back later this year and will be booking another excursion with him. Overall, this was an excellent experience that we'll remember for a long time.

Chicago, Illinois
“Sailing with Captain Dan on the Star of Orion is a real treat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I recently spent an afternoon with Captain Dan on his lovely boat, Star of Orion, and am happy to report that we had a wonderful experience. He loves sailing and sharing his passion for sailing with his guests. His boat is perfect for charters because it is very comfortable, he can easily sail her by himself and the cut of the sails allows guests to lounge on the foredeck while sailing if they prefer to get out of the cockpit. The waters between Fort Myer and Sanibel Island are beautiful. We saw dolphin, rays and large birds dining of fish and snakes. Our group of six adults included some who had never been on a sailboat and he allowed those who wanted to to take the wheel while others chose to simply recline and enjoy the ride. I highly recommend Magic Wind Adventure Sailing!

Boca Raton, FL
“Fantastic Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I sailed on my birthday with Capt Dan on a Sunset Cruise with two other passengers from MA. This was our first sailing experience. We had a fantastic time together. We were not sure if we will be able to go out because of the weather, but it happened and enjoyed every minute of it.
We laughed, moved around a lot on the boat which is spacious and very clean. We had good wind, the water was little choppy, so we did not see dolphins :(. Capt Dan made it very memorable and fun. He is a real great guy!
I had my camera holder hanging from my neck. We made a lot's of pictures, but always hold on to something to keep our balances.
We are highly recommending this sailing experience. Thanks again Capt Dan!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Dan is a great 'guide' for all levels of sailing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I took my brother out for a wee birthday treat to see the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. I've sailed a lot of years; my brother, not so much. The boat was easy to find and there was plenty of car parking spaces. There was, we noted, a couple of restaurants right on the quay and we decided to check them out later. Dan was gracious & welcoming and had a great line in chat about sailing and the area. It was a fun motor out and a steady sail back as there were no seas to speak of. Dan even got us to blow the conch at the exact time of the sunset. Good experience and we both highly recommend Dan & his boat; in fact we plan to have a reunion with friends as the Hunter 38 is so well laid out to accommodate I think, up to 6 people!