“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 60 hotels in Fort Myers
Claremont, California
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed at this great boutique hotel, as we were in town for our son's baseball tournament. We were so glad we decided on this hotel instead of the typical "team hotel" that the organizer's of the event recommended. The location to Terry Park where the event was held couldn't have been better! We were a short 10 min drive away. Now this area of the hotel is considered a "transitional area" of the Old downtown river district. Driving there from the airport one understands why. Do Not let this detour you! This place is a hidden gem. So, after reading a few reviews we decided to give it a try. and glad we did.
This is a boutique hotel a modern decor in an old downtown building which is part of the charm of this area. Within a few blocks there are many bars, pubs, and restaurants. You can park your car and basically walk the area and find a great place to go. If you drive you will need to valet park your car but the price was reasonable. The service was always great from the minute we parked our car to checkout the staff really went out of their way to make you feel at home. Even though this is considered a boutique hotel it is actually part of the Holiday Inn group.
Our room was close to the top floor and was very comfortable. It had a great open feel with a kitchen and living area and a Master suite with a very large bathroom. The whole decor was hip and ultra modern we loved it! The space was perfect for the three of us. there were 2 large flat screen Tv's a great work space computer desk area and i pod docking spaces for our phones in both rooms. The kitchen had a mini fridge and a sink and a coffee pot. It was actually had enough space for a microwave and toaster which it lacked and also plenty of space for dishes, utensils etc.. which it did not have and I thought odd considering the great workspace. if I had to have a compliant I guess that would be it.
We did venture up to the bar and pool area on the top floor one night and it was very lively with many people enjoying the views and the great DJ they had that night the bar was very busy. The pool looked a little small but still looked to be well maintained and I'm sure during the Summer a welcome retreat from the Florida heat.
Downstairs outside the lobby there is an adjoining building with a few restaurants we tried the Japanese restaurant one night and it was very good glad we tried it. There are many great shops and easily accessible nearby restaurants and a supermarket not too faraway. If you are ever in this area for business or anything else don't overlook this great hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was my second stay at the Hotel Indigo Fort Myers. I was able to park directly across the street from the property both trips. As you walk thru the front doors past some very nice restaurants the place is beautiful. Service was excellent, the room was spacious and clean. The workout room located on the rooftop is very nice, there is also a bar on the rooftop with "happy hour" lasting until 8pm. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are also some great restaurants and bars within a 2-3 minute walk of the hotel. When in Fort Myers I would stay nowhere but the Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The bedrooms were beautiful. The beds were extremely comfortable. Enjoyed the free WiFi throughout the hotel. The bathrooms were first class. The staff was great. The restaurant, Vino di Note was outstanding. I had the Saltimbocca, my girlfriend had the shrimp scampi, both were perfect.We also had the calamari as an appetizer. Congrads to the chef. Was very impressed with their wine selection with everything available by the glass as well as the bottle.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Summerfield, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Chris Leitner Sr. was the bell captain and he was respectful of my wishes and knowledgeable about my particular car with the retractable hard top. He was 'spot on' in giving me directions every time. We shared stories about our recent surgeries, his knee and my hip. He is amazing for being back to work so quickly and doing such a great job. He genuinely cares about people.

Scott Boyd served all my needs from helping out at the front desk with directions to our culiinary delights. It sometimes can be awkward eating solo, but Scott made me feel comfortable. The calarmari and house cab were great. I had a meeeting to go to and unfortunately did not have time for a full course meal. The restaurant is at the top of my short list of places to eat.

Suzanne
Central Florida

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

stayed at the Hotel Indigo River District from viewing the beautiful photos posted online and it being a newer botique hotel I thought this place looks to be a winner. Just a 1 nighter on business I noticed my floor seemed to have issues with noise. The room I booked was located near a stairwell/employee breakroom to where you could hear doors slamming and loud people caring on. I check in around 3pm, did some work in the room and then went out for a late lunch. When returning to the room for an early evening there seemed to be a group of partiers staying on my floor as well as a big German Shepherd who was also staying on my floor. Front desk moved me quickly but second room had HAIR IN THE BED and garbage in the waste basket. Third room was fine but for a newer hotel I found the issues with housekeeping more than a little disgusting, all of the partiers putting off, lack of parking unless you have your car valeted which is an additional $*, PLEASE NOTE vallet services are not 24 hours which is also very offputting. After being overcharged for breakfast in the morning, I desided to take my complaints to the front desk where my concerning issues were blown off. No compinsation offered at check out. For a BUSINESS traveler, I don't have much to offer for positive feedback. As for the one night stay I was unable to get a good nights rest due to PARTY HOTEL atmosphere , hair in the bed, DISGUSTING, dogs barking (generally I really love dogs), being overcharged for breakfast which was fair at best and issues with vallet. Next time I have business in the Ft. Myers, FL area I promice to take my business anywhere but Hotel Indigo!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Oxford, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Really impressed with this hotel, looked fairly new, and the location was perfect, right in the downtown area of Fort Myers. We didn't know anything about the Indigo - didn't realize it was part of the Holiday Inn chain until we checked in. Room was very roomy and clean, no tub but a large walk-in shower. Spent a very restful night in the comfortable bed. There are two restaurants just off the lobby, so we could just walk downstairs if we didn't feel like going out. There is also a very nice lounge downstairs and a great rooftop bar with great views of the city. The pool is also located on the roof. Enjoyed the location with easy walking to restaurants, coffee shops and shopping all around the neighborhood. This is a great hotel to serve as your headquarters while you explore Fort Myers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

On November 4, 2010 The Southwest Florida Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce, hosted a business meeting with one of its clients, at Hotel Indigo. As Advisory Board Chairman, of the Chamber, I recieved many compliments from our client about the site selection of our meeting. The client was very impressed with the lunch setup that was provided by the hotel for our meeting. Assistant General Manager of Hotel Indigo, Mr. Julio Morales, provided coustomer service, abouve and beyond what our expectaions were. Hats off, to Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!