“Not a good experience” 1 of 5 stars

Columbus, Ohio
72 attraction reviews
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was not a good experience for us at all. Locating the gondola was very very difficult for us since we were very unfamiliar with the area. We could find nowhere to park once we figured out where we were headed. The gondola itself was very underwhelming and we had exhaust coming back at us. The actual trip/ride was an extremely short distance, west from the Andrews bridge to the Avenue of the Arts//7th Avenue bridge where we turned around and went back the exact same way we came. We did not travel east of the Andrews bridge. The scenery was nondescript, but we did see some awesome yachts tied up along the way. There was also two beautiful Great Dane dogs in one yard that we passed. Pretty pitiful when that was a highlight of the ride, although they were great dogs. We paid so much for this boat ride, and never before have I felt so ripped off. We should have taken a water taxi for $5 each, and probably would have seen more. I must say, however, that our gondolier was a very agreeable, nice person. She tried to help us as much as possible with directions and accommodated our tardiness. I'm just amazed at all the other highly rated reviews. I guess they came from love struck couples who were happy gazing into each other's eyes over wine. This is not a family activity, much better options. This is the first time I have ever written such a negative review, and believe me, I regret that it was such a bad experience for us. I really would have liked to have experienced a 5 star activity.

Visited April 2013
Las Olas G, Owner at Las Olas Gondola Tours, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
“I never would have dreamed this review came from a woman who seemed to enjoy the ride, gave me a $30 tip, and whose kids high-fived me at the end of the ride.” Quote from Martha, the gondolier.

I will respond to each of your negative comments numerically below:

1. Locating the gondola – When you booked the trip, we explained where the boat is, we sent you a map, we told you where to park, and called you prior to the ride to confirm.

2. Late Arrival – You called us several times for directions and arrived 40 minutes late. We are emphatic in our confirmation that you must arrive 20 minutes prior the ride. Luckily, we did not have another ride booked after yours or you would have ended up with a half hour ride. The gondolier stayed and waited to accommodate you.

3. Upon your arrival, the gondolier walked to show you where to park and then walked you to the boat, 40 minutes after the confirmed departure time.

4. Second Pick Up- When you arrived, your party was not all together and in order to accommodate you, we went out of our way and picked up your daughter and her 2 kids at another location.

5. Extremely Short Ride – Even though you were 40 minutes late, we did give you an hour and fifteen minute ride. We know the time because the Jungle Queen comes through the bridge at 6:20 and the gondolier wanted to make sure the kids saw it. This proves that it was not an extremely short ride.

6. “Went Back the exact same way we came” – We must come back the same way we went since the ride does not circle

To conclude, the fact that you feel you did not have a good experience was due to your tardiness. We did everything we could to accommodate you. The 4:30PM ride actually took 2 hours.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Surprise Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a beautiful gondola ride with Las Olas Gondola tours. We had taken a large riverboat cruise during the day, but this was a completely different experience. Having been to Venice, Italy, it was fun to see the "Venice of America" by gondola as well. Our captain, Martha, welcomed us and made us feel comfortable right away, getting us set up with the wine we had brought. The ride was private, comfortable and romantic, as well as a unique experience. Captain Martha was friendly and professional, even giving us a CD of the music that was played during our ride as a souvenir. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic evening that goes beyond dinner and a show.

Sunrise, Florida
“Romance in Ft. Lauderdale- Magical Moments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Last night was a truly romantic and magical night! I wanted to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday with the unexpected, the romantic, and the Gondola tour was just perfect. We carried shrimp salad and wine and thoroughly enjoyed the evening as we dined & cruised down the Intercoastal with beautiful Italian music playing in the background.

The gondolier was a perfect gentleman. The staff that assisted me in coordinating the evening had outstanding customer service. I highly recommend using Las Olas Gondola Tours if you're looking for something romantic to do in the evening and perhaps in the day could be a fun experience to take children. Thank you!

-GWM

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was looking for something different to do in Ft. Lauderdale area, and came across the Gondola tours. I called and it was super easy to reserve. Once there the Gondola ride was amazing, the views were great, the soft background music was very romantic. You can bring your own little picnic to enjoy some wine during the ride..It was genuinely like a mini Venice experience. I would definitely recommend it, specially for a romantic trip.

Visited November 2012
Aspen, Colorado, United States
“NFL ALUMNI GROUP ENJOY GONDOLA RIDES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My name is Dave Moose Bosson and I am on the board of our NFL Alumni Rocky Mt.Chapter representing the Denver Broncos....we recently had a golf outing in the Ft Lauderdale area and I had heard about the great experience that one of our members had a year ago taking the Gondola Ride....Our NFL Alumni group wanted to add events for the wives of our golfers and about 12 couples took the Gondola rides and really had a great experience. with all the scenic Canals in the Lauderdale area it felt like we were in Venice....great trip and great unique way to see some of the most beautiful boats and homes from an authentic Venice Gondola....The Godola Man was a HOOT !!!

Visited November 2012