“Sunny Afternoon Cruise through the Venice of America via Gondola” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Kauai, Hawaii
17 attraction reviews
“Sunny Afternoon Cruise through the Venice of America via Gondola”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very pleasant, relaxing, great way to view FTL on the water without having to share it with so many others like on the Water Taxi.

We cruised, bringing some snacks and beverages, to enjoy the 1.5 hours ride on the New River up to Sailboat Bend and then down past Las Olas. The Gondolier, Mike, was very prompt, polite, and talked just enough for the two of us to enjoy the romantic ride.

I would recommend this for couples or even for a double date bringing a bottle of wine and a cheese platter.

The pick up is near Andrews bridge and the Las Olas Condo building. You can park on street or at the public garages by Riverfront or BCC.

Visited December 2012

none
“She said yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

After a cruise, my then-girlfriend and I stayed a couple extra nights in Fort Lauderdale. I had arranged for us to go on this gondola ride without her knowing. She thought we were going to dinner and instead we ended up on the gondola.

The gondolier and his assistant were there waiting for us at our scheduled time and we departed right on time. Half way through the tour, I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes! We will remember the ride forever.

I highly recommend Los Olas Gondola to anyone looking for a romantic or scenic tour on this unique boat in Fort Lauderdale.

South Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Above and beyond my expectations !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I proposed to my fiancee on this gondola. I hate paying for things and have found myself not being satisfied lately with many things I shell out $$ for. Not so in the case of our gondola ride. The setting was perfect, the gondola was beautiful and comfortable. We had such a nice time....my dreams truly became a reality because of Mike and his 100 year old Gondola. Excellent is all I can say....highly recommended ! The Ft.Lauderdale intercostal is so beautiful...puts Venice,Italy to shame. no joke !

Stuart
6 attraction reviews
“Venetian Gondola Ride - Las Olas Blvd Fort Luaderdale Fl”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

This was one of the worst experiences I have had in Fort
Lauderdale. The owner, Mike, who runs the operation was extremely beligerent especially when we were about to board and told us the price was more than published on the flyer we received out front of the restaurant next to the boat. It didn't matter what we saw on a flyer - his price was his price.

He denegrated my wife and I even though we told him in a calm voice that we were only trying to purchase the ride for the price on the broucher. I have never heard any one yell in public at customers before.

We were so offended that we told him we would not ride with him. I still think that he has steam coming out of his ears.

It may seem very romantic but beware it will not be pleasant.