“almost gourmet on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“almost gourmet on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

my 1st time here with the friends..i was quite surprised...all the food was very good...we had a very attentive waitress..theres no liquor but wine is avail at a reasonable price and you can bring you own bottle in as well ..im not sure of the corkage fee...
the decor is somewhat dated but the quality of food and waitress made up for it...
the menu wasnt large but plenty of good options and a few specials that night..
i got the the lobster special...it was a warm water tail topped with crab and hollandaise.i got the mac n cheese and brussel sprouts....the mac n cheese was good n tasty..nothing outstanding..the sprouts were wonderful...lots of bacon..and the lobster was extra yummy..
the others at my table got a very thick port chop...a salmon dish and one the short ribs.....everyone cleaned their plate...
i would defiantly recommend it to anyone..dress is casual to buss casual...we had shorts n polo shirts...

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“old fashioned comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

friendly service, and large portions of well made american comfort food. definitely a cut above many restaurants that offer similar fare. everything we ordered was very very good. the chicken pot pie is ENORMOUS. big chunks of white meat and plenty of veggies in a nice classic sauce under a canopy of pastry. should have only eaten half and taken the rest home...but little pig that i am could not resist finishing the whole thing. partner's short ribs were excellent....all sides to die for! try the corn bread (more like a corn pudding), brussel sprouts, bean casserole, mashed potatoes....old favorites that mom never made as well. also had the excellent french onion soup and fried green tomatoes which were pretty tasty. decor reminded me a bit of a country breakfast place, but friendly waitstaff certainly made up for that. will definitely come back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Alberni
“A very nice recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The BW hotel across the street suggested this restaurant. We very much enjoyed the meal and the service was friendly and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale
“Rude service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food at Mason Jar Cafe is quite ordinary; the prices exceed the quality of the food. But the real reason to avoid the place is the arrogant attitude that prevails. The staff seems to go out of its way to not satisfy the customer and it does a very good job of not giving the customer what he wants,

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Made my day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I usually visit Fort Lauderdale every few months for maintenance of my bike. I was walking around looking for lunch having quality food. I found it, indeed! The passion they took in just the tea was apparent. They sweeten ever so gently and present it in a clear handled-jar. You can tell it was homemade. My first course was their daily soup, turkey and corn. The soup was chunky , flavorful, and presented on a white, classic cup having character. The soup had wonderful colors and vibrant flavors while the turkey was tender and the corn sweet. Other vegetables were found adding to the depth of the soup. My main course consisted of the shirt rib sandwich. The first bite told my brain I could only finish half the sandwich due to its richness. The sandwich included caramelized onions and Serrano pepper mayo on a kaiser roll. Every bite was delicious and rich. a table next to me ordered one to share! My choice of side included brussel sprouts leaves with pistachios. The sweetness from steaming the sprouts ten sautéing it in butter I presume worked very well in making every leaf earthy, sweet and nutty. I paced myself and eventually finished my meal. Service was exceptional as my main server and his teammate ensured I enjoyed the food, my drink was tipped off, and I was comfortable. I'd definitely be back and wouldn't mind exploring dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere