“Horrible place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort

You added Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort to your Saves list
Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   521 Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #130 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Horrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Worst place I ever stayed. The room was extremely dirty and out dated. Holes in the walls, stain bed sheet. The exterior walls had chipping paint on the walls and missing ac vent grills.

This place need to be demo and rebuilt. Don't

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Garden Grove, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to kill a roach on the wall of the kitchen. In the morning there were 2 more dead roaches in the kitchen. It is right across the street from the beach and we rented the beach front unit. Upon walking in, the carpet stains were extensive and the chair had so many stain in it Goodwill probably would not take it. This place is a dump and I have the video to prove it if anyone wants to see it. I would never stay at a roach motel dump like this, nor would I recommend it to anyone. I'd tell anyone stay away from this dump and go 2 miles north to Lauderdale by the Sea and stay at the Coral Key. That place was clean, helpful, parking, across the street from the beach (through a cute little park walkway), near major roads but zero noise, Coral Key is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't go to this motel unless you like to sleep with roaches.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Bethpage, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

The location is great - across the street from the beach. The gentleman at the front desk was very polite. The hotel - well it is in need of repair - a lot of repair. The man at the front desk let me look at the room to see what I thought - like I said he was very polite - the room - well the lock didn't work very well, and the man sitting outside next to the room I was supposed to have drinking a beer and saying "now I'll have company" was not what I expecting. Needless to say I didn't stay - and drove further south to Miami to find a room. I really can't recommend this room to anybody...

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Don't go there please. This hotel is a joke. It's the dirties, filthiest place I ever see. When we got to our room, I though it was a joke. The door wouldn't close, and instead of a door lock, the room front door actually had a padlock. The bathroom was nasty, and THE MICROWAVE IS INSIDE THE BATHROOM...... next to the sink. The bed was broken, all the furniture looks like a thousand years old. Wherever you do, do not stay there, stay away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontInns, Manager at Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Guest, we are disappointed that your stay was not what you had hoped for. The location is ideal and the accommodations are right for the budget but understand sometimes things don't go right, so we encourage all of our guest to speak to the manager with their concerns during their stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. Thank you for providing your feedback.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

Nice little hotel in front of the beach, great staff.. Great location! I had really good time here. I higly recommed this nice hotel and has really good prices as well. They have a lot of parking spaces and confortables rooms that make us happy staying here.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, we are ecstatic that your stay was pleasant and we are striving to make it even better. The next time your in town, ask for our Managers Specials, and once again thank you for providing your feedback, so glad to hear from our happy guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I am new to Florida. I came to Fort Lauderdale beach to escape my busy life. I called over 30 different hotels, motels, etc to find the best deals. Avalon was the only place that didn't give me attitude over the phone. They were helpful, humble, honest and did everything they could to help me save. Once I arrived, Jonathan was very helpful and humble. The manager who was there was also very nice. They both got me a very nice room and saved me a lot of money! I'm always on a tight budget and they certainly hooked me up and keep hooking me up. Not only that but they were very helpful and took time to be a semi tour guide! The maid service was also amazing! This nice middle aged Jamaican lady with glasses was very nice and cleaned my place up fast and efficiently! All in all this place isn't the hilton or some fancy high class hotel. I came for the beach and to tour and have a nice place to sleep. This place is perfect for what it is. And I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be near the beach but save some extra money. Totally worth it!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Fantastic, we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay, thank you for positive feedback. The location is ideal and the accommodations are just right for the budget. Please enjoy a drink on us next time. We are striving to make it even better. The next time you’re in town, ask for our Managers Specials, and once again thank you for providing your feedback, so glad to hear from our happy guests.
Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Most dirty & disgusting place ever! Carpets wet & musty, roaches-roach motels, windows/doors are warped. Extra charge for parking, but don't have enough spots - you park in a lot 3 blocks away @ night

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest, we are disappointed that your stay was not what you had hoped for. Parking is indeed limited in this area and we apologize for your inconvenience. The location is ideal and the accommodations is right for the budget but understand sometimes things don't go right, so we encourage all of our guest to speak to the manager with their concerns during their stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Been to Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort? Share your experiences!