“On a budget?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort

You added Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort to your Saves list
Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   521 Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #133 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“On a budget?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Took a get-a-way vacation with my boyfriend. Saw this place had a couple bad reviews, but was decently priced. I called, quickly made an easy reservation (told them I wanted a nicer room with a view if available.) Day of our; room was ready 2 hours before checkin time, and they didn't disappoint. Nice, cute room with a kitchenette, a huge bed, and an awesome view of the pool and beach. MUCH appriciated.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was truly disappointed with the hotel when I arrived. The only good thing i can say is that it was directly across the street from one of the nicest beaches in Ft Lauderdale. Now for the bad. Here is what you should expect to see when you arrive. A run down looking hotel. The office was not very inviting and with the exception of Andy the staff wasnt very helpful. The room (202) was dirty .. smelled .. we found a pair of womaen's underwear under the table .. there was roach eggs and body parts in the drawers. the bathroom was small and it also smelled. the bed sheets were not changed the whole time we were there (3 days) and i found trash under the bedsheet. I wouldnt recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Avalon
This was the worst hotel I've ever seen. The rooms are dirty and falling apart. Do not believe the  pictures shown in their web site. We had to change rooms 3 times because there was water pouring from the AC, electricity was not working or the room smells bad and was dirty. We had to clean up our selves using anti-bacterial. You cannot walk on the carpet without your shoes; their is moisture.
Even the swimming pool is dirty and falling apart.
The service is awful. They are not cleaning rooms every day and we had to ask them to do so.
Internet is free but the problem is that you cannot get Internet in your room and you have to go to the reception.
We will not come back to this place and we do not recommend you to go. Note that even if the location is great (neat the beach) and the price is low; it is better to pay a little bit more and enjoy your vacation instead of having the feeling to having spent your vacation in the jail.

• Stayed August 2012
Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

For a reasonable price and in a great location, The Avalon Waterfont Inns Hotel was a great place to stay. If your looking for the Hilton or Mariott you will not find it at this place. It is an older hotel, but the hospitality of the staff, especially Jonathan and Rose at the Desk make up for the rooms not being luxurious and brand new. The manager, Deanne is very prompt at addressing any issues that you might have and so are the desk clerks at the desk that we were fortunate to have. So if you want to spend a hundred to three hundred a night to stay on the beach, the Hilton is right next door, but even the Hilton's guest come over to rent parking spaces from the Waterfront at ten dollars a night instead of paying the hilton to valet park their car. We very much enjoyed our stay there even though the rooms were not perfect. They were clean, and the price was right, and as I said the staff was very good to us and took care of our every need with directions to local restaurants, clubs and shopping. The hotel also has a very nice veranda on the front of the hotel where you can sit and have your coffee which you buy from a machine inside the lobby since they do not serve continental breakfast. There are places within walking distance to have a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner, as close as a block away. We stayed in the front building and had a very nice view from the balony just outside our door. All the rooms are non smoking which was also a plus for us since we do not smoke, and they had 3 beautiful swimming pools that we could use after spending the day at the beach. The hotel next door which is also owned by the same owners and where one of the three pools was also had a very nice poolside bar which we had a blast at. For the price and location I would recomend this place anytime over the price you would pay at one of the upscale hotels in the area.

Room Tip: We found out after we had booked that they do have 1 bedroom Suites in the main front building of th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontInns, General Manager at Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your positive review. I'm so happy to hear that Rose and Jonathan were friendly and helpful. You're right our location is amazing and we offer very competitive rates. I am glad you were happy with our accommodations and the amenities we offer. I do hope you will stay with us again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was so dirty no service the rooms were not like the pictures there were bugs on our bed and there were ants all over the bathroom we thought it would be a great place to stay when we saw the pictures and when we got there not the same but the location is great

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn’t that pleasant, as we are an older property and do have some issues. We have addressed the issue of ants and bugs in the rooms by bringing in a new pest control company. We do hope you visit with us again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Probably the worse place I've stayed at anywhere around the world! So bad that after one night we left and didnt care at all about the money lost on the remaining nights. My family said they would rather sleep in the car. Booked a "suite", term loosly used here, to sleep 4. The pull-out was pretty much a single, no pillows, no blankets nothing. Asked at front desk for at least a blanket, told no, and only gave me an extra sheet. Attitude at front desk was less than friendly, checking in seemed like a bother. Did I mention the filth, disgusting.. the fridge had rust on the entire front door...how is that possible. Walk away from this...no, RUN!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Avalon Waterfront Inns. While we do strive for 100% guest satisfaction, we are saddened to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We take every guest comment very seriously and I am saddened to hear that font desk was not helpful. We are currently in the process of planning a large renovation for the Hotel and do hope you give us another chance.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was hesitant about book this hotel, due to all the bad reviews, but for 60$ a night for an ocean front property, I figured we would tough it out if it wasn't up to par. It wasn't as bad as some as the reviews stated, but by no means was it a good, or even decent, hotel. Where to start...maybe the bad attitude of the desk clerk when we checked in..Everyone was fairly friendly other than the female that checked us in..And a few days after check in, she made a pass at my husband, knowing we were married!! But that was the least of my worries...The two beds in our room were supposed to be queen size, but were only twin beds. The bathtub and the bathroom floor was filthy, you hardly feel clean when you come out of the bathroom. The closet smelled like a fish was burried under the floorboards...It was strange..you could only smell it in the closet, but it was a STRONG STRONG smell. The kitchen (if you can call it that) was dingy, but not dirty. The room itself had a strange smell (possibly from the old a.c. unit) which didn't go away until about day 2 or 3 after I bought a can of febreeze. The maid did nothing but make the bed and take our towels. I wasn't looking for someone to wait on us hand and foot, but a little tidying up would have been nice. We tried to avoid bringing any sand back to the room, but it wasn't completely avoidable. A quick sweep or vacuum of the rug would of been nice. I would of done it myself if there was a broom! The pool area was decent, but the pool was open 24/7 the whole time we were there, which made me wonder when they clean it or put the chlorine in?...Overall, this place is doable, but I probably won't stay here again, no matter how cheap the price. If you just want to pay as little as possible while staying across from the ocean, and you aren't bothered by the things I listed, you will probably be okay. I did not see any bugs, or dirty blankets, or anything too extreme. I would not reccomend staying with children though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Avalon Waterfront Inns. While we do strive for 100% guest satisfaction, we are saddened to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We take every guest comment very seriously and I am saddened to hear that font desk was not helpful. Let me assure you we do maintain our pools and have them serviced weekly. We are currently in the process of planning a large renovation for the Hotel and do hope you give us another chance.

Been to Avalon Waterfront Inns Beach Resort? Share your experiences!