“Staff Top Notch!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort

You added All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort to your Saves list
All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   3501 Inverrary Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319   |
Ranked #122 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Connecticut
“Staff Top Notch!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Just got back from a quick all-inclusive golf getaway to the Inverarry with some buddies. The staff at the hotel were some of the most accomodating people I've ever dealt with, and that includes some 5 Star golf resorts that I've stayed at. We never heard the word "no" once: if we wanted a drink and the bar was closed they got us one, if we needed a ride somewhere the van was there in 5 minutes, some other guys staying there needed an early breakfast for an early tee time and they opened the restaurant for them. They really made us feel like they were happy we were there. The food was what you would expect for a reasonable all-inclusive price, it was just okay but plentiful. The rooms were comfortable and clean but dated. Again, what you would expect for the price but they were all you needed. The drinks were almost top shelf, you name it and they had it and they gave you all you wanted. Ratings: the staff a solid 10, drinks a 9, food a 7 1/2, and the rooms a 7, but the overall experience a solid 10. Golfers, this is a very good deal!!

• Liked — The staff was great and the price was very fair.
  • Disliked — It was an older property but again very good for the price.
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Lockport, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

We stayed here prior to a family cruise. We paid a little extra for this place because it looks good on the website. I honestly thought we were getting a "resort." What a laugh.

The place is very run down. Cracked tile, stained rugs, peeling wallpaper and a really funky smell to top it off. The halls are dark.

It's obvious that they attempted to cheaply re-hab the place. The cheap laminate and trendy sink or the only real "upgrade" there. The place still feels old and damp.

Our television picture was distorted on the bottom. We didn't bother complaining since we were leaving in the morning.

The bathroom was dirty. I didn't dare shower in that tub. I have included pictures.

We paid too much for this place and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the smell in the halls
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
alpprincess
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

I booked my reservation for this hotel through Priceline and got a very good price. Before arriving, I checked out their website online and was very pleased with the photos/description of the hotel on the site. However, when I actually arrived to the hotel, it was a string of one bad event after another with this place.

When I checked in, I was charged an extra $15 a night for a "resort fee" charge. Not sure why, because there were not any amenities at this place to take advantage of. The fitness room was full of run-down and broken equipment and was so hot I couldn't stay to work out in there. The "spa" was not operational, nor was the Starbucks on site.

The hotel is run down looking and when I entered my room, I was grossed out by the sticky and squashy fake wood linoleum flooring that felt like they laid it down over the original carpet without ever bothering to take it up. I asked for a microwave and fridge to be brought to my room since I was staying for over a week, and it never arrived so I had to go to the desk and request again, at which time they did finally take care of this.

In addition, the one HBO channel on my TV did not work, when I mentioned this at the front desk, they simply stated, "Yes, we thought that one had a problem" but, never offered to resolve the problem by replacing the TV. I also asked to have my room changed due to the fact that I was there on business and need a work station to do my work at in the room. I was told by one front desk staff that they would move me the following day when they had free rooms. The following day, I checked in to see about the room change and a very rude front desk worker basically told me that they would not move me to a new room, but that they would bring a desk to my current room. Throughout my stay, the desk never arrived. Which, ended up not really mattering because the "wireless" service that I paid for with my "resort fee" charge was pretty much impossible to connect with in my room, so I had to go to the lobby to do my work.

At one point, I was working one a hotel computer in the lobby, which had no time limit posted on it, and the same rude front desk staff came over and stated that there was a 15 minute time limit on the computers and immediately asked what room I was in (assuming that I was not a hotel guest at all). I apologized and explained to her that my internet was not working in my room and that I did not know there was a time limit because it was not posted anywhere. I there had be begin carrying my laptop to the lobby any time I needed to connect to the internet. She offered no solution, such as a room change, and stated it was probably a problem with my laptop, despite the fact that my laptop worked fine in the lobby area.

The noise through the walls of the room made it difficult to sleep, I would hear a noise like a vacuum running throughout the night. I asked for my towels and toilet paper to be refreshed one day, the housekeeping never showed up at all.

The day before I was scheduled to leave, I was again working in the lobby on my laptop and I witnessed another extremely irate customer expressing various frustrations about his stay with the hotel... so, obliviously, I was not the only one unhappy with the accommendations in this place.

Overall, a horrible experience. Rude staff, run-down accommendations and I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Rude staff and poor service.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

Six golfers just returned from a six night stay in Fort Lauderdale at the Inverrary Resort Hotel. Yes, the hotel is dated, but it was clean and very, very hospitable. For the price we paid we were all very wary about what we were getting into. We selected the All Inclusive Golf Package the hotel offered. It was truly all inclusive! We only tossed our keys on the front desk when we left and we ate and partied and slept like KINGS all week. The staff couldn't have been nicer and helpful. Particularily John Terris. John helped us select our courses (no surcharges), arranged our tee times (just when we wanted), provided us times and directions (much needed), and along with everyone else was truly happy that we were staying at the hotel. Our meals were great- anything and everything we wanted from the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even when we were gone from the hotel and too far away to return for lunch they fixed us box lunches. We generally hit both the Tiki Bar and the Long Green bars every afternoon and night and enjoyed single malt scotch, Tangueray and Tonic, Jack Daniels and Diet Coke, Corona with a lime- basically anything we wanted. They even offered to go buy anything that we wanted and didn't have and one of our guys asked for non-alcoholic O'Douls and they went and bought it. Appetizers, steaks, coconut shrimp, Greek Salads, and fantastic pizza- all prepared to order and all included. What a deal! After reading all of the negative stuff on Trip Advisor about this hotel I am convinced that they are either under new management or people only like to write negative comments. Our group would go back in a heartbeat! Thanks Inverrary Golf Resort for a great vacation!

• Liked — Clearly the attentiveness and hospitality of the staff and the all inclusive package.
  • Disliked — Everything was excellent- no negatives from me for this accomodation.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

Priceline.com should be sued for calling this a 2.5* hotel. A 1* motel would have been better than this "vacation resort." I read reviews on here before checking in and I was completely terrified at check-in and my fears were confirmed. Believe EVERYTHING you have read! If you are unlucky enough to get this hotel on Priceline, I would call them up immediately and demand a refund. This is false advertising and staying here can be a danger to your health.

This "resort" may have been ok in 1978, but it is a scary dump today. I'm not sure where to begin...It looked pretty bad from the outside with various letters burnt out in the sign. Next is the tacky lobby with a mishmash of furniture and ornamentation that makes absolutely no sense and looks like it was all bought from a hotel garage sale. Then there's the front desk with a nice enough person (poor soul) working but the walls behind them are poorly painted and a fan is used to air out a back room that probably has a mold infestation. After checking in and being assessed a $15 "resort fee" (HAH!!!!), I took a trip up in the rickety, past-due inspection elevator that I prayed would not get stuck. Upon making it my floor, I was greeted with a dimly lit, dingy hallway with a smattering of outdated and dirty looking 80s furniture near the elevator.

The room was actually not as awful as I would have expected, but here are some of the lowlights:

*They provide an iron (which shut off at will), but no ironing board! I ironed my clothes on a nightstand
*The clock was blinking and I could not set it. There appeared to be blood stains on the clock
*Filthy carpets...wore socks the whole time and they were quite dirty by the end of th evening
*Slowest wireless internet connection possible, barely usable.
*Dingy, stained furniture
*Mostly uncomfortable bed but nice pillows!
*An attempt to re-model the bathroom came up laughably short with an "ultra modern" sink that you'd have to see to believe. I should have taken a picture.
*A toilet that took 4 flushes to flush and a poor shower head

Now it gets interesting. I took a trip out of my room to get ice. There was a sign on the ice machine that said "all ice machines on every floor (7total) are broken" with instructions to go to the first floor to get ice if I need it. Of course I didn't read the sign first and I did get ice... the machine seemed to work fine! Yay!

On my way back to my room I went one room past mine and I saw a notice on the door next to me that "injury or death could occur" if this room was entered. It was condemned and uninhabitable and listed the word "mold" on it from the county inspector. I was staying right next door to a room unfit for human occupation with a mold problem. I had noticed when I stepped out on my balcony that this room looked abandoned as the porch was very dirty and uncleaned. I could see that the room still had some sort of bright red carpeting in it. Obviously, no one had dared to enter this room for many years. There was even an additional lock on the outside to make sure no one entered. See the picture I took!

Needless to say, I had an uneasy night with many nightmares. I cannot remember feeling so uncomfortable in a hotel room. The only thing that could have made things worse is if I was being bitten by bed bugs at the same time (I checked for them!).

The rest of the hotel is disgusting as well, from the clientele to the common areas. This hotel was like entering a dumpy time warp. How this place is in business is beyond my comprehension. It should be condemned and blown up or hit with a wrecking ball.

I feel kind of bad for being so mean because it honestly looks like someone has tried to make improvements to this place over the years. If you are going to renovate this place, you have to do the whole thing at once, a fix here, new sink there, etc. only makes it more tacky and worse overall.

I would NEVER stay here again. Again, if you happen to "win" this hotel on Priceline, I'd call them up immediately and demand something else or your money back. With the "resort fee" added, it's like adding insult to injury.

Avoid at all costs...the Inverrary "vacation resort" is uninhabitable!

• Liked — The pillows were ok
  • Disliked — Everything... a complete and total dump
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

If you are considering a trip to Ft. Lauderdale; stay anywhere except the Inverrary. Even though service is good. This hotel is in a very part of town. Very difficult to access highways, turnpike, etc. I stayed there for three days, and not once did I have hot water. Beds are terribly uncomfortable and the pillows are the size of a matchbox. Sirens blaring at all hours from crime ridden neigborhood surrounding it. Televisions sets do not work properly because they are very old. Other than that...enjoy your stay if my words have fallen on deaf hears!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

We were there for a family event at the country club across the street. The country club was lovely. The hotel was convenient, but I have to say that it was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. Not only did the air conditioning go out while we were there, but there was no bellhop to help us with our luggage, the light did not work in the bathroom, we were not given soap until we asked for it, and we ate a meal in the bar which can only be described as inedible. If this was a motel, I would understand it, but they call themselves a resort and actually charge a $15 per night "resort fee." The swimming pool is adequate, but other than that, I could find nothing to fit the category of resort. We registered for 3 nights, and checked out in the evening of the second night when it appeared the air conditioning was going out again.

• Liked — convenience to country club
  • Disliked — it was awful
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!