“What a joke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort

You added All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort to your Saves list
All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   3501 Inverrary Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319   |
Ranked #123 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Appleton, Wisconsin
“What a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stay away!
This place is not what it claims to be. The only good thing about this place is Gina in the sports shop. Otherwise you're going to be dealing with dirty floors, hostile service, run-down rooms, and a poor experience for too much money.
I have camped for weeks on end, lived in a shack in Hawaii, stayed in hostels, and been a college student living in dormitories and I have never been so displeased with a place.
Cigarette butts littered the balcony, the sheets were stained with what appeared to be some sort of bodily fluid, the linoleum floors were cracked with chunks missing, all in all it was just a very run down place and not worth the money.
Clean up your act. Get your cleaning staff in order, fix your appliances, and then re-open under a new name.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ddjh74a, Public Relations Manager at All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We apologize for your bad experience. The Resort was converted back from a condominium into a Hotel and we are moving fast into modernizing it. Unluckily there are rooms that we recently acquired that are not up to the standards yet and that are going through the conversion. As this year demand of rooms in Ft. Lauderdale is so high that exceeds the offer, we have been using them at a reduced rate. Once again we apologize for having assigned you on of those rooms as you deserves the best. we can only hope that you kindly give us another chance so you can witness our improvement. your kind words towards Gina will be share with all our Staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We are pretty easy-going people and are not accustomed to silver spoons, keep that in mind. We sleep in the bed of our truck on camping trips so we are fairly easily satisfied. This experience was inexplicable.

I have stayed in better motels for 19.99/night along I-40. We payed a 4-star price for a zero star experience. Musty wet carpets in hallways on our floor, French fries on the floor of the elevator, room lamps that don't work, filthy bathroom and shower, old mattresses with holes in them, old worn-out pillows, stains on floor, loose screw on floor of room, holes in walls, chipped fixtures. It looks unsafe, it feels unsafe, I would never recommend this place to another human. I have never spent this much money on a hotel but we were in a bind late at night before a cruise and needed a place, found it online. I am sick to my stomach about it. Left as fast as possible in the morning. I believe any positive review left online about this place is fabricated.

• Stayed February 2014
We apologize for your bad experience. This year all the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale are completely full and we did put some of the condo units available for rent at a discounted rate in order to cover the demand that otherwise will cause some visitors on the area to sleep in the car. The South Florida demand of this year is surpassing the offer of hotel rooms. While we do not like this situation and we are moving pretty fast into improving those condominium units, we are offering those units at 50% of similar hotels, if they would had the availability. Hopefully we will complete the renovation of those recently acquired rooms pretty soon.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The rooms at this hotel are very old and in desperate need of updating. There were a number of maintenance issues. I could not adjust the thermostat because the knob was missing. There was a swarm of bugs on the night stand and a remote that needed batteries. Service at this hotel was terrible. I told the front desk about the maintenance issues at 7am and when I returned at 10pm nothing had been done. I then called at 10pm to request batteries for the remote, after waiting 45 min I called the front desk again and was told they had no batteries. When I asked why they didn't call to let me know this the front desk person was rude and said he was busy. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We are very sorry about your bad experience and we kindly hope that you will give us another chance to show our improvements. We are working very hard in renovate the rooms, but have been overwhelmed by this year demand. With the economy rebounding so hard, it is difficult to hire experienced Staff and it takes time to train them. The recent expansion combined with the high demand, has taken us understaffed, but we expect our services to be fully regularized in the coming weeks. We are currently renovating the pool, 40 new units and the tennis courts to bring them to Clay competition level. if you decide to try us again we will make sure that you will have a great experience that will make you to forget your experience. While this objective is accomplish, you can see that we are selling ourself at 50% over similar properties.
Puebla, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I spent four days in Fort Lauderdale for my business trip. The staff at this hotel is very attentive and friendly. The room was wonderful and quite confortable, stunning view. Facilities are great and we were very happy with the food, we felt that they care for all their customers the way they treated us. This is the best value for the money and we plan on returning next year.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments. We are training our Staff to make sure that all our Guests have a wonderful experience. Your kind words are very encouraging as it justifies our day in and day our hard work.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked a two night stay at the Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort based on the pictures and description of the resort as portrayed on the Inverrary's direct website at inverrary.com. The pictures of the establishment as portrayed on the website do not remotely represent the current state of the hotel. It also states that the establishment was an all inclusive resort; however, the hotel informed us that NOTHING was inclusive. After taking over an hour and a half to check in at the front desk, we proceeded to our room to find it in a deplorable condition. It was completely unsafe and unsanitary. The room was covered with dusk and bugs and there was a wrap around the toilet stating that it had been sanitized for our protection. Upon removing the wrap, the toilet was filthy and stained. There was a huge crack in the door to the adjoining room and I could see and hear everything that was going on in that room. Those guests were also appalled by the state of the hotel. There was also no hair dryer, laundry bags, or cups available in the room and after trying for over 45 minutes to reach housekeeping, I was informed that they had already left for the day. When I proceeded down to the front desk to speak with a manager, I was informed that no one was available. At this point, two police cars pulled up in front of the hotel and advised that there was some type of code in progress. I immediately proceeded up to my room and contacted our booking agency and checked out of the hotel. I informed the front desk that nothing was disturbed in the room and that we needed to leave and that our booking agent would be contacting the hotel for a full refund and the girl at the front desk said that would not be a problem. There was a terrible storm in the area that evening and the girl at the front desk also stated that she would easily be able to book our room to other guests. We contacted every hotel within a 70 mile radius of area and nothing was available due to the storms so we had no choice but to sleep in our car. Seeing that this was the case and that we did not stay at the establishment for more than an hour; there is no justification to withhold a full refund. However, the Inverrary has informed us that no refund is due. I have left two voice messages for the hotel's general manager and have received no return phone call. The booking site has also tried on numerous occasions to contact the hotel to no avail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Milford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Worst hotel ever!!!! extremely dirty, mold everywhere, blood in tub. it seems that hotel was forgotten by its owner. They never mentioned that pool was under construction (right in February vacation week!!) Kids were so dissappointed with absolutely nothing to do. We had to leave the hotel few days earlier and go for a better one. One the day that I was fighting to get my money back other 4 customers were doing the same!! All I could hear was complaining after complaining... Never Again!!!!

Room Tip: Nothing good about this place :-(
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pierre, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

At 60 years of age, I have done my fair share of travel/lodging. This hotel is rated 3-star & we felt would suffice for a short stay. It was the absolute worst ( by far ) lodging experience I have ever had. When we went to our assigned room, thre was obviously other people staying in the room. There was clothing & a lap-to computer in the room & a leather briefcase. We went to the front desk & they gave us a different room & apologized. That evening was O.K.,but noisy. The next morning we left & took all of our belongings with us as we were travelling relatively light. We came to the hotel that evening & went to the same room we had slept in the night before & there were people in the room !!! People who were as surprised to see us as we were them. Our hotel key opened their door & were they taken aback !! We apologized & went to the front desk for the second time. Once again, they apologized & we were assigned another room. That night we shared our room with a cock roach & more noise.The third nite we went to "our room" and OMG, it was once again occupied by strangers ! We had had it !!! We went to the front desk & wanted to check out. They encouraged us to stay & they would make things right. The clerk personally walked up to the room they now assigened us to make certain there were no other people in the room. We agreed to stay, as it was quite late to begin searching for another hotel. The next morning, we were talking with the hotel manager about our experience(s) at her establishment & my luggage was stolen right out rom under my nose. It was 10' from my feet by the front desk !! At 11 in the morning THEFT in a 3-star hotel. Now wouldn't you know it, unfortunately their security cameras were down. We called the police & they said "it happens all of the time here". Well, so much for 3 stars. The desk personnel don't speak english very well--neiher do the folks in accounting. I made a $50 security depoit w/ my credit card, which was to be refunded at check-out. They assured me that it had been, but would take up to week to appear on my account. The credit was NOT given & now I have to contest the charge & FIGHT to get my $50 security deposit returned to me. I would rather sleep on the beach , knowingly at-risk, than spend another nite in this "hotel". My advice is to avoid this"resort" even as a LAST RESORT !

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel !!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!