I booked a two night stay at the Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort based on the pictures and description of the resort as portrayed on the Inverrary's direct website at inverrary.com. The pictures of the establishment as portrayed on the website do not remotely represent the current state of the hotel. It also states that the establishment was an all inclusive resort; however, the hotel informed us that NOTHING was inclusive. After taking over an hour and a half to check in at the front desk, we proceeded to our room to find it in a deplorable condition. It was completely unsafe and unsanitary. The room was covered with dusk and bugs and there was a wrap around the toilet stating that it had been sanitized for our protection. Upon removing the wrap, the toilet was filthy and stained. There was a huge crack in the door to the adjoining room and I could see and hear everything that was going on in that room. Those guests were also appalled by the state of the hotel. There was also no hair dryer, laundry bags, or cups available in the room and after trying for over 45 minutes to reach housekeeping, I was informed that they had already left for the day. When I proceeded down to the front desk to speak with a manager, I was informed that no one was available. At this point, two police cars pulled up in front of the hotel and advised that there was some type of code in progress. I immediately proceeded up to my room and contacted our booking agency and checked out of the hotel. I informed the front desk that nothing was disturbed in the room and that we needed to leave and that our booking agent would be contacting the hotel for a full refund and the girl at the front desk said that would not be a problem. There was a terrible storm in the area that evening and the girl at the front desk also stated that she would easily be able to book our room to other guests. We contacted every hotel within a 70 mile radius of area and nothing was available due to the storms so we had no choice but to sleep in our car. Seeing that this was the case and that we did not stay at the establishment for more than an hour; there is no justification to withhold a full refund. However, the Inverrary has informed us that no refund is due. I have left two voice messages for the hotel's general manager and have received no return phone call. The booking site has also tried on numerous occasions to contact the hotel to no avail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Inclusive Golf Resort with Tennis, Spa and Conference Center. Located on the West side of Ft. Lauderdale close to Sawgrass Mall and the beaches. You can book a room only or the All Inclusive rate in which Meals, beverages and activities are included, so you do not have to worry about the cost of your vacation and you are able to do activities that otherwise you would not consider. From light fares to international cooking in our gourmet restaurant, you will have your preferred option and your variety of selection throughout your vacation. For Kids we have a Club that will take care of them while you enjoy your vacation. And if you are into sports, from our climbing wall to bike rides, our tennis and fields will have you exercising. Our Conference Center will be able to accommodate your meeting or social gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Vacation Hotel
- Inverrary Vacation Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Hotel