“A Real "Steal"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort

You added All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort to your Saves list
All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   3501 Inverrary Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319   |
Ranked #110 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Pierre, South Dakota
“A Real "Steal"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

At 60 years of age, I have done my fair share of travel/lodging. This hotel is rated 3-star & we felt would suffice for a short stay. It was the absolute worst ( by far ) lodging experience I have ever had. When we went to our assigned room, thre was obviously other people staying in the room. There was clothing & a lap-to computer in the room & a leather briefcase. We went to the front desk & they gave us a different room & apologized. That evening was O.K.,but noisy. The next morning we left & took all of our belongings with us as we were travelling relatively light. We came to the hotel that evening & went to the same room we had slept in the night before & there were people in the room !!! People who were as surprised to see us as we were them. Our hotel key opened their door & were they taken aback !! We apologized & went to the front desk for the second time. Once again, they apologized & we were assigned another room. That night we shared our room with a cock roach & more noise.The third nite we went to "our room" and OMG, it was once again occupied by strangers ! We had had it !!! We went to the front desk & wanted to check out. They encouraged us to stay & they would make things right. The clerk personally walked up to the room they now assigened us to make certain there were no other people in the room. We agreed to stay, as it was quite late to begin searching for another hotel. The next morning, we were talking with the hotel manager about our experience(s) at her establishment & my luggage was stolen right out rom under my nose. It was 10' from my feet by the front desk !! At 11 in the morning THEFT in a 3-star hotel. Now wouldn't you know it, unfortunately their security cameras were down. We called the police & they said "it happens all of the time here". Well, so much for 3 stars. The desk personnel don't speak english very well--neiher do the folks in accounting. I made a $50 security depoit w/ my credit card, which was to be refunded at check-out. They assured me that it had been, but would take up to week to appear on my account. The credit was NOT given & now I have to contest the charge & FIGHT to get my $50 security deposit returned to me. I would rather sleep on the beach , knowingly at-risk, than spend another nite in this "hotel". My advice is to avoid this"resort" even as a LAST RESORT !

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel !!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Morrison, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I are NOT hard to please, we love staying in backwoods, hole in the wall, Mom and Pops places, and have done so all over the country, but when you book two nights at an allegedly 3 Star All Inclusive "RESORT" you expect to get what is advertised.

This place was a disorganized, filthy abortion of the term RESORT !!!!, Yes I said ABORTION !!!!

The desk clerk had no clue, and while waiting to check in, our wives went out to look at the pool and came bursting back into the reception area to stop us from checking in before it was too late, as the promised pool was out of order and full of leaves and trash and looked as though it had been unused for months if not years. The desk clerk simply said he was not aware it was out of order and that it must be under repair. BULL !!!! -- OK we don't golf so the pool was pretty much our #1 draw for this place, but despite a very bad start we decided to push through and just hit the Ft Lauderdale beach for our water fun. BIG MISTAKE !!!

We found that the numerous dining venues for the all inclusive breakfast, lunch and dinner were only open for very slim hours and were always out of half the items listed on the menus example Steak & Eggs ?, Yep NO STEAK !!! the same went for many other staples on the menus, and no milk, etc. - When the bar ran out of a type of alcohol it seemed no plans to replenish the supply were ever made.

Aside from the pass the buck mentality, none of the staff had any courtesy or customer service skills whatsoever, with two and ONLY two exceptions, Tracy & Jazz, both of which worked as bartenders / waitresses, were great and friendly and IF it were not for them, we would have left on the first night and stayed ANYwhere else. Kudos to these two ladies.

This place needs to be closed down and tore down OR MAYBE after several million dollars in renovations and upgrades as well and adding some serious staff who actually know how to accept responsibility for anything and how to at least TRY to accommodate paying guests in some small way, MIGHT and this is a BIG might, be worthy of us ever even considering staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
crpspain, Guest Relations Manager at All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am deeply sorry to hear that you experience low customer and maintenance service; I understand that you had many expectations and unfortunately, they were not met. All your concerns have been sent to the Department in charge and we are trying our best so they will be resolved as soon as possible. We have had a big problem with our swimming pool this winter season and unfortunately it is taking longer than expected to be open to the public; again I do apologize for the inconvenience. I am glad to know that our staff was courteous and tried hard to accommodate your needs. I hope you give us another change in the future.
Homestead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel should NOT be rated 3 stars!! It is run-down, unsanitary and smells like there's a dead body that hasn't been found. There were long, black hairs intertwined in our sheets on the bed. The desk and coffee table that were in the room were both sticky like they hadn't been wiped off. The shower desperately needed to be scrubbed, along with the sink in the bathroom. The staff was also very unhelpful and rude. They kept telling us to call back (4 times) to request a late checkout, and in the end, they didn't even give us one. I would've rather they told us no right from the beginning, than have us call back every hour to tell us no in the end. We only slept in our room, and it was hard to fall asleep because everything was so nasty.

Room Tip: The rooms do have balconies...we thought about sleeping outside because the room was so unsanitary!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am deeply sorry to hear that you experience low customer and maintenance service; this is not what we strive for. If any of our Guests are not pleased with our accommodations, the Front Desk is more than welcome to change them for you; I wish this had been explained to you at the right moment so you wouldn’t had to undergo a negative experience. Again, I do apologize since this is our mistake; I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our stay was pleasant, service we on point and staff was friendly! Thank you to the staff of Inverrary for making our stay so wonderful! I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Fort Lauderdale Fl.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your kind comments.
Dedham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have read many negative reviews of this place but this is our 5th year going to Inverrary and it has been excellent. The staff was very accommodating from John, the manager, to Corey in the kitchen to Damien who was our driver. Tee times, meals, rooms all good. Can't wait for 2015!

Room Tip: Top floors are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review, I am glad to know that year after year we still are on your top place for golf vacations. See you again next winter.
Horsham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Whilst this is aimed to help visitors I sincerely hope it will also act as a wake-up call to the management. We booked all inclusive premium for two weeks Christmas and new year. See the web-site, it says succulent meals, intimate dining, premium drinks....etc etc.
In fact only the sports bar was open ( apparently it's out of season for the other restaurants). So for two weeks dining consisted of sitting in a bar with a wall size screen blaring out American football, night after night! The premium wine, in our case Sauvignon Blanc was over ten years old...orange in colour and vinegar taste....the pub-grub menu was good but some items not always available. needless to say the diner jacket and little black number remained in the suitcase, to be fair Cory the restaurant manager did go shopping for steak and he did his best for us often running around like a one man band, but still tried so hard to please, thank you Cory.
Service was painfully slow, due mainly to the waiting staff lacking common sense and/or experience of waiting and knowledge of food and wine, on occasions just one person was running the bar.
Breakfast was much the same service, ( eg "tea please with milk"...pot of hot water arrives eventually..."can I have a tea bag".. Tea bag arrives eventually...."You forgot the milk"..,milk arrives eventually...of course by now the water is cold!...and so it went on day after day). Though by the end they just about got it right.
Cereal was coloured Cheerios, take it or leave it. Again someone popped down to the local supermarket and got us cornflakes.
Lunch was either again in the sports bar or tiki bar ( again it was manned by one person who also prepared the food and waited the bar)
Just to remind you this is advertised as 4star!...
So to the hotel itself...it's linked to Inverray Golf Club, which hosted prestigious events (Jackie Gleason Classic ) in the 70's and 80's so I'm sure the Hotel was a genuine 4star,then!.however like the Barry Manilow song "but that was forty years ago when there used to be a show" and like Lola it is now sad and tired and in desperate need of a makeover, aside from the lobby everything is grubby and unkept, pool beds and area dirty, surounding area littered with cigarette buts and dead plants...sprinkler plant watering system dribbling onto stones...doesn't anybody see this?
Whilst the rooms are big with bed and bathroom linen clean, again the rooms are grubby, eg skirting boards thick with dust, which suggested the cleaning consisted of a quick flick around the main area ,balcony door lock broken, plug missing from sink, The "private balcony" was a dirty weed infested concrete block about 2 feet deep and chest high....so no chance of relaxing and with the wall inches away from next room no privacy either.
The plus was the staff who were very friendly and my conversation with the general manager constructive. and the two golf courses excellent value.
There is so much potential here but it desperately needs a huge chunk of t.l.c.
I sincerely hope this is seen as constructive criticism and do wish them well

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize for all the inconveniences you came across during your stay at our Hotel. I understand that you had many expectations and unfortunately they were not met. All your considerations have been redirected to the Department in charge, and we are trying our best so they will be resolved as soon as possible. I am glad to know that our staff was courteous and tried hard to accommodate your needs. I hope you give us another change in the future.
Best regards,

Been to All Inclusive Inverrary Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!