Although I am a club member of another hotel chain, we decided to try Hyatt for our honeymoon. We were not disappointed and now I am seriously considering joining their return guest club. Despite what we read about the lack of efficiency with the airport shuttle, we did not encounter this at all. The driver was very courteous and we arrived at our destination in good time.
The reception at the desk was a wow "Angel" was really bright and welcoming at 8:30 pm! Well done, that set the tone for the rest of our honeymoon. Our next encounter was with "Roland" I believe his name was. We had several conversations throughout our stay and he gave us good advice on places to dine.
The room was a wow especially for the price we paid, I cant remember much after this because the bed erased much of my memory every time I went to sleep, I kid you not!
There were only two issues that managed to irk us. Housekeeping never made up our room one day. The explanation was less than satisfactory. We stayed in late that morning and had a DND sign out until around noon. We left the room at around 1pm and returned around 5 pm or 6pm to find that the room had still not been made up. When I called the front desk I was told that the housekeepers walk in the morning to decide which rooms needed service. Since I had my DND sign out for so long, our room was skipped. At 5 pm service had ended for the day so the best they could have done was have clean towels for us at the desk! Hmm, I wonder if that would have happened at the hotel chain I usually stay at? The other issue was with the return shuttle to the airport. Apparently we need to make reservation early to ensure we have a space on the bus. We were never told this upon arrival neither was there any material in the room to inform us of this. Had I not called the night before our departure, we would have had to take a taxi back because the time we wanted to leave was completely booked! Taking the taxi is not a problem, but if a service is offered at least allow me the option to reject or accept it. One last thing, if you are not going to recognize the preferences for the online reservation, please remove the option. I had made specific requests that were not honored and when I asked the front desk about them they were not seeing them.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius and provide complimentary Airport pick and drop off, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.