I have seen reviews saying that this hotel isn't convenient to anything but the airport and cruise port. That is just not true. It IS one of the few hotels that offers free pick-up from the airport and is probably the best of those that do offer that service. But you are also just a couple miles from the beach and there are easy transportation methods that are cost effective. The hotel offers free transportation to the Water Taxi stop #7. The water taxi is a lot of fun and well priced. $15 bucks you can ride it all day long going to the beaches or downtown. If you are looking for an evening out they just charge $7 for the entire evening after 7pm. The drivers give a tour of the city while transporting you from each stop. Also, the hotel is about a block from a bus stop that services the beach. For $1.50 you can hop on a route 40 bus that takes you right to the beaches. You don't have to complain about paying for a taxi to get around from this hotel. Use the services the city and hotel offer and enjoy!
The breakfast is pretty norm for a continental, though the quality of each item seemed better. Shouldn't complain, though, because very few 3 star hotels offer a free breakfast.
The hotel has a nice pool surrounded by palm trees and tropical foliage.
Rooms are quite large and beautiful. Ask for a upper level room with a downtown view. You can see the skyline beautifully and even the high-rise hotels along the ocean, though those hotels do block your view of the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius and provide complimentary Airport pick and drop off, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale