I stayed at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale late July, 2014. Overall, this is a really decent hotel.
- clean public areas and rooms.
- friendly front desk staff.
- nice decor in rooms and lobby.
- nice pool.
- in-room coffee, safe, and real drinking glasses.
- room design: nice furniture, linen, L shaped sofa and ottoman, interesting lighting. Nice touch: easy to use thermostat, solid glass shower doors, nice quality bath hardware (faucets,etc).
- neighbors to two restaurants ( overpriced Manzannos and Outback).
- nice down pillows.
- wet bar with sink, refrigerator, etc.
- Housekeeping: while these are a very friendly crew, they are either short handed or have some training issues, which I fault management for. Some examples: I tend to stay up late and sleep later than most- usually up around 9:30am, and out by 10:30am. The first morning I left my room at approx.10:30am, and returned at 3:30pm, to find that housekeeping did not clean my room. Now, I did leave the "do not disturb" sign in the key card slot, but removed it when I left in the morning. Clearly, they were either behind, forgot, or didn't think to check back. The front desk did dispatch HK to clean, and they finished by the time I came back to the hotel approx. 1.5 hours later. However, they didn't replenish all of the bathroom towels and left the used glass wear (w my fingerprints) in the room. It sucks when you don't have a bath mat for the floor, wash cloths, and nasty glasses. They did bring clean glasses when I called them on it. Also, by night three, I had gone through the half roll of "TP" and the housekeeper removed the empty cardboard roller but didn't replace it with a new roll.
- No complimentary breakfast: for this level of hotel, c'mon guys, give us some pasties, cereal, fruit, juice, etc. Most of your competitors do. I noticed that their website states that they offer a free skillet breakfast, however, I was told at check-in that it wasn't included in my rate. Sounds like false advertising to me.
- the 24/7 food offerings are nice, but the sandwiches are about twice the price of what they should be priced ($10 or more for a wrap, etc.). Gourmet cupcakes are priced appropriately, and although having a drink next to front lobby check-in isn't my preference, people seemed to be getting their drink on in the small lobby.
- In-room Wi-fi: kind of spotty and slow speed. I usually needed to reboot my iPad several times each night when my google searches went nowhere or just dropped me.
- Noisy halls. Lots of door slamming, and when your in the Couch area, you can here neighbors slamming drawers next door. Also, the kid across the hall was screaming at times and you could here it in the room.
- Mattress: kind of hard- this may fall into the positive column for some, but I personally prefer a pillow top.
- ice bucket: no ice bucket bag, and I didn't notice extra ice buckets in the housekeepers' carts, so I'm assuming that these are being cleaned in the room...not very sanitary in my opinion.
- No views of...anything.
Although for the life of me, other than departing for a cruise, visiting friends/families or being there for business, I seriously don't understand why anyone would visit Fort Lauderdale, I would return to the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale for their nice attitudes, hotel cleanliness, and rate (I paid $99 per night weekdays). PS: I commend that someone is replying to each review individually, but I'd recommend going a little farther than just "passing on the good comments" to staff, and apologies for the issues. Maybe a free cupcake, or, credit of some kind. It's actually meaningful to the customer, vs lip service. It means something and is less "PR" feeling. Just saying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale