We stayed at the Hyatt Place for a sailing regatta at the Lauderdale Yacht Club. The rooms were spacious, with 2 double beds and a double pull out couch. I slept on the couch with my youngest daughter and it was comfortable. My older 2 kids assure me that the beds were very comfortable! The room could accomodate a family of 6 easily. You can hear hall noise pretty easily from the pullout bed, so if you are planning on using it, I would request a room away from the elevator.
The breakfast was good, but don't get your heart set on the steel cut oats they advertise, as packets of instant oatmeal was what was offered. There was yogurt- flavored and plain, fresh but basic (cantelope, honeydew, grapes, pineapple) fruit salad, breakfast sandwiches and different griddle specialties (pancakes, frenchtoast) daily. Bagels and packaged looking pasteries and muffins were available as well. A pretty good offering for a free breakfast. The coffee was not bad either. Many of the people staying at this hotel are going on cruises, so the lobby is packed with people waiting for shuttle buses in the morning. This can make breakfast a crowded affair as well. It is difficult to check out and get your bags to your car if you are unlucky to be checking out at the same time. There is an automated check in/ check out kiosk in the lobby if you do not want to wait on line to check in/out.
I used the exercise room and it was adequate, with TV screens on the machines. You need to bring your own headphones. Water and towels are provided, but there was no spray or wipes to sanitize the machines before and after use. I did not use the pool. It is outdoors, but it must be heated as people were swimming in it.
There is an Outback steakhouse next door, and a shopping center a short walk away. We did not go there, so I am not sure what shops are there.
Overall the stay was fine and the room was very comfortable for my family of 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius and provide complimentary Airport pick and drop off, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale