“We love to vacation here... best site on mainland-USA.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's BeachPlace Towers

Save Saved
You added Marriott's BeachPlace Towers to your Saves list
Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 S Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“We love to vacation here... best site on mainland-USA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The staff met our every request superbly. The location, views, clean beach, warm clean ocean, excellent nearby restaurants... all make for a perfect vacation. This is the best beach and beach-town in all of USA. And Marriott Beach Place is one of the best places to stay. The pool area is poor... on a barren rooftop... but who cares?... when the ocean is this clean and warm and convenient?

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

First of all, the 1 bedroom villa was very nice. We had a view of the intercoastal waterway rather than the ocean, but it was still pretty and we could watch the boats. The room was clean and very well appointed as expected for a Marriott Vacation Villa. We are not Vacation Club members, just reserved via internet. The resort is above an open air mall with some restaurants and a CVS (that was quite convenient) and then across A1A to the beach. So it was a bit of a haul to get to the beach-not bad, but we had a 14 month old and lots of stuff. We knew this going in, so were not surprised, but after being there I will say it was a bit of a pain. The BIGGEST pain were the elevators. They were insanely slow and there were not enough of them for the volume of people. We often had to wait for the second or third elevator to fit-since they were slow and people filled them quickly. There is no service elevator (it appeared) so service people were always getting on and off two with large carts and equipment. As other reviews have noted, the pool is small. It was not unexpected, but the pool got quite crowded midday. They have a splash pad for the kids, but it was broken. It didn't work at all for 2 days, then only part of it worked. That was disappointing. Lastly was the parking. The Marriott parking was at the top 2-3 levels of the parking deck and it really took a long time to get in and out. I would recommend forgoing driving a lot (traffic on A1A is horrible anyway) and use the water taxi or sun trolley.

It was a vacation club property so we were invited (bribed) to go to a sales presentation. I explained that we had a 14 month old but they said that was fine. It went on forever and it didn't appear that she was concerned that our 14 month old was getting restless after an hour and a half. I asked her to cut to the chase, but she had to go through another spiel first. We received a $200 credit for attending the presentation, but not sure it was worth it with a toddler. The saleswoman (clearly not experienced with kids) kept asking if she could put on a movie for him in the other room...umm, he is 14 months old?! Probably not a good idea (nor is his attention span long enough for a movie). The saleswoman also said several times during the presentation that this was the worst of all the vacation club properties. Hmmm...

Overall, it was fine but I probably would not go back to that location.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be better, but careful that it is not a low floor or your view could be impeded or...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I, party of 6, spent a week in a two bedroom two bath unit and it was awesome! We have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale on the beach many times and this was by far the best. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The great location allows you to leave the car behind as there are countless restaurants, bars and shops within easy walking distance. Not to mention the on site restaurant and bar options. The pool area isn't huge but it's definitely big enough and it's nice. My only complaint is that the pool side lounge closes a little early.

Room Tip: As always on Ft. Lauderdale beach, you can't beat an ocean view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Little Silver, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff are wonderful here! Everyone goes out of their way to be cheerful and helpful. Thank you, Khalil, for finding me an oceanfront room on the 18th floor. The view was beautiful and I was very happy. The manager of the hotel sent an email when I booked telling me about parking for which I was very grateful. The gorgeous view, convenience of restaurants and shops nearby, beautiful walks on the beach and friendly staff more than make up for the parking garage and waits for the elevator. I would go back again. Marriott is the best.

Room Tip: There is a CVS in the mall below that was very convenient. Many restaurants to choose from. We lik...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

As a Lifetime Platinum Member, points owner, and weeks owner, please take note. A Marriott loyalist for 30+ years, this property (and some staff) do not meet the Marriott standard. The issues are many... parking, noise, service, inconvenience among them. My greatest issue was after asking what I thought was a simple favor. I had booked my 4 nt stay using both points and cash. Unfortunately, I had reversed the order (cash nts 1 & 2, pts nts 3 & 4) in my reservation. Upon check-in with Curtisa, I explained that I wanted my final receipt to be reflected in reverse order. She said "not a problem" it would be as I requested. I repeated my request to confirm. Upon receiving my receipt yesterday, my request had not been honored. I kindly asked Madeline G. Clark - Asst Front Office Mgr. (who could use a hospitality refresher course) to correct this, and was abruptly told that wasn't possible. With absolutely no regard for what I was told at check-in. She advised that I contact Owner Services. Upon doing that, I was told that could only be handled at the resort. Finally, I asked to speak with the GM. A very kind lady representing the GM listened carefully, then huddled in the back office before letting me know that this "would be against the law." Oh please... surely they could do better than that.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Tom. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and apologize for your experience at the front desk. Our Customer Care team would like to speak with you further about your stay. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Eastham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just got back from a week stay, one of the only features of a resort is the 14.00 dollar day parking.
To pay for this honor you have to drive in a parking garge and go up 4 floors which is not a pleasant experience . The pool is on the same leval of the the fans and exhaust fans from the restaurants below. The odor from them again is not pleasant. The room we stay in had a partial ocean veiw with the Ritz Hotel blocking bedroom veiw. The cooling unit for the Ritz was so loud you could not sit on balcony, room 701.
The villa we stayed in was beautiful, fully equip with everything one needs even a washer and dryer. The property was itself well maintain staff was great. The complaints I have marriott cannot fix because of the location.
If you like to be in the center of everything good and bad it's for you. The area is more desirable for 20 and 30 year olds. Personally I like a resort with grass not cement.

Room Tip: Do not have room 701 if you like to sit out and enjoy the out conversation .
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Ryan. We appreciate your feedback on your stay and apologize for not exceeding your expectations. The resort is unique in its location and garage parking beneath the main structure. We apologize this and the fee deterred from your overall visit. Your feedback will be shared with the resort leadership team and we hope you give us another visit so we may truly exceed your expectations.
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment for a week. We rented through Homeaway a Marriott Vacation Club week. We were at the 17th. floor and had a spectacular view of the Beach. We were there for the 4th of July week, so we had "front row balcony" for the fireworks. The two-bedroom apartment has two ensuite bathrooms, a living room with an extra sofa bed and a whole kitchen with microwave, kitchen, fridge with icemaker and dishwasher. We like having some meals at home, so we try to rent this type of apartments with kitchen. The apartment was very clean, the beds were great, had enough towels, dishwasher soap, etc., even complimentary coffee for your first day.
The hotel is part of a commercial center, you have to walk through it to reach the elevators and reach the Lobby (3rd floor I think), or by car, drive through the first four floors of the commercial parking and reach P4, which is the Marriott parking lot. I've read several complaints about this, but being in a neighborhood were parking is very difficult; it is great to have your parking space assured. It is real that it takes time to reach P4, but I'm sure it would be worst to try parking on the street. About the parking price: the hotel charges you $14 a day, the parking below had a special offer for $50.- for the whole week, so check the price downstairs before to make the best price decision. I only realized this too late!
The 4th of July festivities on the boardwalk downstairs are total madness!! We were unable to take the car out. So, this is a walk day only!
The beach is amazing, clear water, perfect temperature. You can rent chairs at the beach for $50 a day, or ask for beach chairs at the Marriott towel kiosk by the pool, for free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott's BeachPlace Towers? Share your experiences!