“Fantastic!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Naples, Florida
“Fantastic!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Gloria Williams and her staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. I was in dire need of a room because another hotel I'd previously booked was a disaster. I couldn't stay due to the condition of the room. I was in the Fort Lauderdale area for my daughter's college graduation the next day plus it was a holiday weekend, so trying to find another hotel with an available room was difficult. I came upon Holiday Express during my driving search. After explaining my predicament, the staff came through and found an available room for me. It was a handicapped room but that didn't matter. It was clean, comfortable, and at a very reasonable price. To make the situation even more suitable, I discovered the hotel was just two blocks from the convention center where graduation was being held. The staff told me I could leave my car in their parking lot and walk to the venue to save having to pay a $20 fee to park my car at the convention center. Many thanks to Gloria and her staff for the outstanding service in accommodating my needs. Their friendliness was over the top! I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that all went well during your stay. Our Team goal daily is to provide all guests with exceptional customer service and to provide an atmosphere of "home way from home"! It's nice to know we succeeded in our efforts during your visit. I must point out, however, that the score you gave us was a "1" when I am sure you meant to score us better ( "5") since you were very satisfied with our accommodations and service. I am hoping the score will be revised soon. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share such good news. My Team and I are truly grateful.
Gloria Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
boston,massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is where I stay most of the time I'm in Fort Lauderdale as I like to location. One does not need to drive as there are plenty of shops with in walking distance, not to mention restaurants and a mall with a wine store and groceries for last minute items.

The prices for rooms here are reasonable and breakfast is included.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the top floor if available but for a short stay it really makes no difference.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
n1lrt,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. We value you as a past guest and your comment is very important to us. It is nice to hear that all went well and that our location was perfect for you. We are surrounded by so many nice restaurants and shops... all within walking distance. We are a great location for all travelers especially pre/post cruisers. I will be sure and share the good news with our Team. They strive daily to provide our guests with the exceptional service you expect and deserve while visiting our beautiful hotel.
Again, thank you and enjoy your week!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights pre-cruise. Front desk folks are great and very obliging. Location is perfect for pre-cruise shopping and easy access to a variety of restaurants. Lack of a pool didn't bother us since it was raining both days.
Room was fine as was breakfast, although the space was a little cramped.
They could really use a bigger shuttle bus. We got on OK at the airport but a few less fortunate guests got left behind and would probably have to wait half an hour or take a cab. Something bigger than a small van is needed for this purpose.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
VitalSpark24,
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with others. It's nice to know that our location was convenient for you. We are a great location for all travelers. We are located just minutes from the cruise port and the convention center. The beach is less than 2 miles away and the Fort Lauderdale airport is 3.5 miles from the hotel. We value your business and hope to have you back with us soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Holiday Inn Express Conv Ctr/Cruise Port was great, centrally located, could walk to a multitude of restaurants. Shuttle was convenient to airport. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful !!! Room was clean and set up nicely.
Downsides--no pool and laundry was offsite. The hotel shuttle will not take you to the cruise ships....cheaper to rent a taxi -flat $10 versus $8 per person on suggested shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sharon C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with others. It's nice to know that all went well during your visit. We value you as a past guest and your comment means a lot to us. We hope to have pool facilities in the near future to make our guests' stay even better! The team strive daily to provide all guests with the excellent service they expect and deserve while stay with us. Our location is great for all travelers as we are just 3.5 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport and minutes from the beach! The convention center and cruise port as just blocks away.
We hope to have you back with us real soon.
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Hotel really needs to upgrade Internet. It is very poor when the hotel is busy.
Otherwise, it is convenient to the cruise port and the shuttle over works well. Same for shuttle from airport but it too can get busy with the arrivals. Lots of restaurants and grocery and pharmacy near by. Busy at breakfast, but it works.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
aml_montreal (montreal)
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with others. We value you as a repeat guest and your comments are very important to us. Although I am pleased to hear that our location work well for you and that you were satisfied with your stay overall. I am concerned about the internet problem you experienced. Our internet service meet the IHG requirements and should have provided you with exceptional service during your stay. This is not the norm and I assure you action steps have been taken to confirm that all is well again with the Internet speed, etc. I certainly hope to have you back with us soon. Please feel free to contact me personally to assist you at gloria.williams@bellsouth.net
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed one day after 8 day cruise to see Fort Lauderdale on Sunday 5/18/2014. The people at the front desk are wonderful and very helpful. We needed to get up early to catch 7:30 AM flight so I returned the rental car on Sunday night and the hotel pick me up at the airport and took us to the airport next morning for free. The recognized we are platinum member (unlike the Holiday Inn Express at Anaheim CA which did not care) and gave us an upgrade room. The room is very nice and it seems they painted recently. I like the shower-head which is the best one I ever had at the hotels. If we visited Fort Lauderdale again we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hoangng53,
Thank you so much for your kind words of compliment. It is such a pleasure to hear that all went well during your recent stay. I will be sure and share the good news with our Team! We value all guests and certainly appreciate our IHG Rewards Club Platinum members choosing to stay with us. Our goal daily is to provide our guests with the exceptional service they expect and deserve while staying at any of our IHG properties. We want to be your "home away home" location. We hope to have you back with us soon... be sure and stop by the front desk to say, "hello"!

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I'll break the pros and cons for this property.

Pro:
-Front desk is excellent. We arrive early and the room wasn't ready yet. Shenise was kind enough to offer us breakfast as well as keeping our bags so we can go around town.
-The room was very clean and tidy
-The lobby is nice to seat and relax
-Booking transportation to the cruise port was easy.

Con:
-DO NOT and I repeat do not PREPAID your transportation from the cruise port to the airport through the hotel. The company that this hotel use is a rid off. Our flight was at 12:45 pm. We walk off the ship at 9:30. We waited for this stupid shuttle for 1.5 hour. They said it will show up every 10-20 minutes, but it never did come. We finally paid and hopped on another shuttle because we know we will miss our flight if we choose to wait around even more. We called this company 10 times among the 3 of us. A few times they end up hanging up on us.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for people who cruise out of Fort Lauderdale because it's very convenient. It's about 5-10 minute away from the hotel to the port.

Room Tip: Try the Italian across the street. The service is great and the food is VERY GOOD!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ExpressCC17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Scooobydoo8826,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel and staff service. I will be sure and share the good news with Shenise and the rest of the Team. I am concerned, however about the service you received from the shuttle service return trip to the airport. I am sure the management team at ACE Tour will agree to reimburse you and please allow me to apologize on their behalf. I ask that you contact me at 954-728-2577 and let's discuss your concerns in detail. In the meantime, I hope to have you back with us real soon. Please stop by the desk to say, "hello".
Gloria Williams

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport? Share your experiences!