We stayed here for both pre and post cruise. On arriving after a horrendous journey by plane,but glad we made it safely,albeit later than intended,we were pleased to have 4 days here. After an initial hiccup,which was resolved quickly and efficiently,everything went very well,for both stays.
The GM,Gloria runs a very good hotel and has a great team working for her. It is impractical to mention everybody by name, they know who they are, but Marie has a great group of cleaners and she makes sure rooms are maintained to a high standard with checks made prior to the guest entering.
We were made to feel as if we were entering our second home by Gloria, who welcomed us with open arms. We don't know when she sleeps as she always seems to be around !
Our rooms were spacious,clean and comfortable and it was a joy to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and eat dinner whilst looking at all the goings on through the window. On our first night because we late in arriving, we decided to have a quick light snack in Duffy's,(discount if hotel key card is presented)and the surroundings, staff and food were all very good. Thereafter we ate in our room,courtesy of Publix,as we were always out and about during the day, it was enjoyable to return to our room,shower, relax and enjoy our meal which could be eaten at leisure in the privacy of our room. Although there is a microwave in the room,we used only the fridge to store our salad foods and fruit.
Breakfast is fine and quite satisfying,but then,being Europeans,perhaps we do not look for massive amounts ! Banana,yoghurt,cereals,eggs,bacon,sausages,scones ( biscuits) variety of breads,pancakes with syrup and preserves.We really liked the fact that fat free (skimmed milk) was offered as well as the other milks,as not everywhere has it available and most places only offer a 2 per cent fat milk,so again, well done to the staff for this small,but important matter.
We took advantage of the shuttle transfers both from and to the airport and cruise port. There was no problem getting the bus to or from either location, although reservation has to be made with reception,but this can be changed if there is space on the bus.
We have stayed here a few times before and each time the service has always been the same high standard,and even the breakfast girl and one of the chambermaids remembered us.....we dare not ask why !!
The hotel is so convenient for shops and transport. We took the Sun Trolley from outside the hotel to various places and even walked back from the beach one day as we felt we wanted the exercise and it took about 45 minutes at an easy pace
Overall,well done to Gloria and all her team. Keep up the very good work you all do,especially the ever smiling and helpful hard working reception staff. Ask Tamara what number follows 3 ....she will understand !
Sinesha is like a whirlwind,and when we witnessed her working,she seemed to be doing the work of several people. However,we did say we were not going to mention everybody by name,so we shall stop here.
Only breakfast is served here,but this was fine for us as there are numerous shops and eating places from which to choose.
If we ever take another cruise from Ft Lauderdale we shall certainly try and stay here,but from what we could gather during our stay,the hotel was fully booked on many days,but this would be our first option.
We stay in IHG hotels all over the world,be it Intercontinental,the HI or HIExpress and have never encountered major problems. We are convinced that should a problem arise, it would be addressed,and resolved,quickly and efficiently.
Well done all staff with whom we met !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale hotel, an unsurpassed option among hotels near the Broward County Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. We are located in the heart of it all and offer a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. We are located one block from the north entrance of Port Everglades. Dozens of great restaurants are within walking distance. Our premiere location is also just 2 blks. From the Broward County Convention Center and adjacent to two large shopping centers. For only $1.75 Per person, any guest may catch the bus to Fort Lauderdale Beach or to the Galleria Mall right from the front of our hotel! Enjoy a tour of the Venice of America on the Water Taxi. We are a 3 minute walk to the nearest stop. We are the closest Holiday Inn to the Las Olas Riverfront & Shops at Las Olas. Our beautifully appointed guest rooms are designed with your comfort in mind. Each room is equipped with the comforts of home-- in-room coffeemaker, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board, 32'' remote controlled cable TV (70 channels with HBO), and complimentary WiFi. Enjoy a unique hot buffet breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning in our lobby from 6:30am-9:30am weekday and 6:30am-10:00am weekends. We feature a great selection of fruit, juices, cereals, bagels, muffins, omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, yogurt, fluffy biscuits and hot pancakes. Relax in comfort in our 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn