We stayed at this hotel we all arrived at Fort Lauderdale for the Allure of the Seas cruise. We picked this hotel because of its location. When we arrived at the airport I gave the hotel a quick call to let them know we have arrived. They provide a complimentary shuttle to the hotel. I was instructed to go wait for a white holiday inn express van on the right side after walking through the doors. So after we got out bags we headed over to the shuttle pick up area. We only had to wait about 10 min before the van arrived. The driver loaded up all our bags and we headed to the hotel. It was a very short ride to the hotel. It was no more then an 8 min ride. When we arrived it was pretty late and all the restaurants were closed. There were several restaurants around the area all within walking distance. So if you arrived earlier be no problem to get a bit to eat. No need to take a taxi.
Check in process was fast. The front desk staff told me to sign up for the Preferred card for Holiday Inn which is completely free. So I signed up for the card and she gave us all a snack bag which was a bottle of water, pretzels, and cookies. The room was very spacious and clean. Most importantly the air conditioning worked great!!
The next morning we woke up early to have some breakfast and get ready to head the port. They have a continental breakfast at the hotel. It includes eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, pancakes, yogurt, juice, milk, and fresh fruit like bananas. Breakfast was good who can complain its free. But the only reason why I am giving the hotel a rating of 3 for service is because the gentleman working the breakfast that morning was not pleasant at all. I can tell as it got busy he was getting annoyed and he was not even filling up the trays or bringing out more food. When I thought he finally was cause he was grabbing the trays he was actually closing down the breakfast 40 minutes early. So instead of bringing more food out he was cleaning up.
The hotel has a shuttle service that cost 8 bucks a person to the port. There was 4 of us so we decided to take a taxi. The port is less then 10 minutes cab ride away. So we paid 14 bucks to port. So even with 2 people its worth taking a cab. If your with family take a taxi save big time.
Tip: I would stay at this hotel even though its 100 dollars more then the other holiday inn express. I made the mistake and stayed at another holiday inn express because it was 100 dollars cheaper. But it was also a further cab ride out. So in the end it cost about the same maybe even more. So to save time and hassle just stay at this hotel cause the taxi is cheap and there are restaurants everywhere. The holiday inn express we stayed at had nothing around. It was was 45 dollar cab ride from the port.
Hope this review helped and Happy Cruising!!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale hotel, an unsurpassed option among hotels near the Broward County Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. We are located in the heart of it all and offer a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. We are located one block from the north entrance of Port Everglades. Dozens of great restaurants are within walking distance. Our premiere location is also just 2 blks. from the Broward County Convention Center and adjacent to two large shopping centers. For only $1.25 per person, any guest may catch the bus to Fort Lauderdale Beach or to the Galleria Mall right from the front of our hotel! Enjoy a tour of the Venice of America on the Water Taxi. We are a 3 minute walk to the nearest stop. We are the closest Holiday Inn to the Las Olas Riverfront & Shops at Las Olas. Our beautifully appointed guest rooms are designed with your comfort in mind. Each room is equipped with the comforts of home-- in-room coffeemaker, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board, 27'' remote controlled cable TV (70 channels with HBO), and complimentary WiFi. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning in our lobby from 6am-10am. We feature a great selection of fruit, juices, cereals, bagels, muffins, omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, yogurt and fluffy biscuits. Relax in comfort in our 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.