“The worse hotel I ever stayed. Bed bug bites” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #112 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ocean, New Jersey
“The worse hotel I ever stayed. Bed bug bites”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Please, don't waste your money on this dirty hotel. The breakfast is horrible, I found hair in each towel in the bathroom, the staff members are rude and impolite. I asked for a nonsmoking room but the smell was killing us... The previews guest smoked there and they tried to fix the smell by putting a machine in our room for about 30 min and nothing changed. They gave us another room and it was the same thing. The worse thing was the bed bug bites my husband and I got from there. We regretted staying there!

• Stayed October 2012
fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of cigarette smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking area and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also were instructed to see to it that rooms, Bathroom and towel which were assigned to you were properly cleaned.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a bedbug and instructed to look into the matter and see to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from April 28th to May 12th, 2012. When they first showed me the room, I thought it was very beautiful in the room and on the grounds. It has a nice pool with nice jungle plants everwhere. There is a continental breakfast that is very good on an open patio. I met lots of nice travellers there. The hotel in right on the beach only 1/2 block to the beach and right across from several restaurts/grocery store/bars. It on the Galt Ocean Mile a 1/2 mile from Lauderdale-by-the-sea. There is a free newpaper daily. The customer service is excellent. I would stay there again and am planning to come back. There is a nice view from the third floor across to the Galt Ocean mile strip. The room is very clean and quiet. I felt at home there.

Room Tip: Nice view on Third floor of pool and Galt Ocean Mile.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SARASOTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was suprised that the motel was across the street from where my son just moved. The room was very nice and the motel personel were very helpful. I will be back soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Whitehorse, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

So I tried once again to retreive the nights rate I was charged in Feb. Long storey short. I called to confirm before we left, 2 days ahead and the front desk clerk told me we did not have a reservation and they had no rooms. I did not receive an email with a confirmation after my initial call to the hotel.

So after this disapointment I found other accomadations last minute.

To my surprise...I got charged a night no show fee. On a reservation I tried to confirm and was told never exsisted.

I called the manager and explained the situation and my frustration and was met with the the irrate words

" I dont deal with threats...I asked her what threat I could pose....."

She raised her voice and repeated this....so I said "what threat could I do? Write a bad review?"

SO here is my final push to keep any and all business from this hotel and its awful female manager. Who by the way hung up on me.

Nice work folks...
karma is nasty only if you are!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach for your recent stay in our area.

• The front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Herne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel was in a bad condition, furniture was very old, no access to the beach, the place for the breakfast was very dirty

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge in which to stay.

Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was notified of the problems you experienced with the room and instructed to look into something can be done.

I hope that the next time you visit here you will find your visit to be much more satisfactory.

Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It is budget accomodation need I say more. Pool needs a clean it is probably a health hazard. the first non smoking room had been smoked in and was pretty rough. the second room was much better but still had sticky tiled floor. The breakfast balcony was dirty but got cleaned a little.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge for your recent stay in our area.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!