“Hotel which has to be renovated in the near future” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #115 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Herne
“Hotel which has to be renovated in the near future”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel was in a bad condition, furniture was very old, no access to the beach, the place for the breakfast was very dirty

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge in which to stay.

Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was notified of the problems you experienced with the room and instructed to look into something can be done.

I hope that the next time you visit here you will find your visit to be much more satisfactory.

Regards,
Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It is budget accomodation need I say more. Pool needs a clean it is probably a health hazard. the first non smoking room had been smoked in and was pretty rough. the second room was much better but still had sticky tiled floor. The breakfast balcony was dirty but got cleaned a little.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I stayed here last week for leisure purposes while we were in town for one night. I found the hotel on a whim, and was very greatful i did.
The price was very reasonable considering the location (being right down the road from the beach), the rooms were very spacious, the staff was above and beyond friendly and the breakfast was good! If you aren't looking for a place that's the Ritz, and want a homey feel, this is where to stay!
I walked into the hotel after booking online, it was before 3p (normal check in time) and had no issues getting a room. Nadi was at the front desk and he was very hospitable and kind. He seemed genuinely happy to help me out and get me what i needed. He listened to me and we worked together to find something suitable for my situation. He was a pleasure.
The following morning before check out, we had a little mishap with our safe in the bedroom, one of the kids locked their toy in the safe and couldn't get it out. I called the desk and they sent Mike to help out. He came quickly to retrieved the toys and explained what happened and how to prevent it next time. We chatted for a bit and after getting to know him and the other staff it wasn't beyond a doubt i knew that i was coming to stay again just due to the way i had been treated. Mike showed a lot of compassion and professionalism with a hint of personality! I really enjoyed him and the rest of the staff. So, if your looking for somewhere cozy, in a great location with staff members that really care about their guests, this is where you should stay! I feel that more often than not, people feel the need to visit Tripadvisor.com to put up a complaint when a place like this could really use the compliments, just to inform people that it's not going to ALWAYS be a bad experience just because one person had one. This place was wonderful, my family and i will be returning. Thank you Travelodge Ocean Blvd!!

~Ashley

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

If you're looking for a place very reasonably priced, close to the beach, and are content with a "homey" feel...travelodge on ocean ave is your hotel! I was actually shocked at the rooms and how clean they were. Normally, when staying in hotels, "you get what you pay for" applies, but not here. It was very inexpensive, location was great and it was well worth the money spent! The staff is great, from Nadid, to Michael (maintenance and front desk)! They all showed compassion and great hospitality. Nadid allowed us to check into our room early and was very personable at the desk (not something you see much anymore in hotels)! The room was large, the beds were clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were efficient. Michael, I met in the morning when my kids had locked their toys in the safe and couldn't get it back open. He was there in a flash, the problem was resolved and he's one of the nicest guys I've met during this whole trip (as long as you're on his good side) (right, mike?) lol. I will definitely be back here when I come to fort lauderdale, fl! Thank you so much, Travelodge, you have a customer for life!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I recently stayed here from 7/4-7/9 and never have I experienced anything like this in my life. On the 1st day I was given a room that had the most disgusting rug ever and a cockroach in the dresser so they gave me the room next door. The people next to us had a dog they left in the room and it scratched on the door at night and it kept banging the door so we couldnt sleep or waqtch TV without hearing this. When I called and spoke to the Russian girl at the desk she didnt care, she was very rude. After 2 days of this I asked for another room once again. They moved us to room 300 which was probably the nicest room they have, but of course it was next door to the drug dealer they have living there and at 430am someone knocked on our door for the drugs which they had the wrong room. PLus the fact that I was awoken again because of a cockroach crawling on my arm at 330am as well. This place is NOT updated at all. I have many pictures to show all the ugly stuff. Do not stay here, you will be sorry. They dont have a good breakfast either and we didnt eat there for fear of things not being sanitary. The pool had scum floating around on it and I didnt see anyone cleaning the pool ever. IT is also NOT across from the beach. You have to walk across the street, through McDonalds and then through another hotel and their dining area to get to an over crowded beach. No worth the stay. Much better places we seen down the street and across the street from the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you did not feel secure there.

• Management was approached about your experience.

• The lady at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which she is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in properly presenting a breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroach in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Have stayed here many times when in South Florida. This is somewhere to sleep off the beaten path. Would not recommend for families as it is very small not a resort. I have stayed at many many places always find a way back here.This is on the quiet side of town away from Fort Lauderdale beach closer to Lauderdale by the Sea. The staff is always friendly. When I am in Fort Lauderdale/Miami I do not spend much time in the room. This is somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. If you are looking for a resort this is not for you. It is affordable compared to other places of similar size. I'm sure I will be back there. I rate it very good for the service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had the misfortune of starting our holiday in this disgusting hotel, after a long flight and a long car journey we got to the hotel exhausted, two of our 3 children were already asleep before getting to the hotel and so I put them to bed, only to find the room was cockroach infested..I wanted to sleep in the car.During the night I found more cockroaches in the sink, and then to my utter disgust in the bed too, but then also found the sheets and pillowcases were soiled and had not been changed.YUCK. This hotel need to be closed down and fumigated.In the morning, we told the receptionist about the dirty cockroach infested room and all he could say was "Yes we are aware and that he would have checked on who the maid was".There were also alot of rather unsavory looking people lurking about. Please avoid!!!!

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before checking in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review the following actions were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the insects in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

• Management was approached about your feeling that there were a lot of rather unsavory looking people lurking around and it was discussed about the possibility of setting up a security system that would make our valued guests feel more secure.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!