“great stay if u get the right bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2440 West Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #39 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Key Largo
“great stay if u get the right bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed here three times in two months, First I have to say that the staff the maid service the grounds and lobby are all perfect ,the rooms are very clean and smell great!!! The hallways are very clean also, Another nice touch is the Starbucks great staff there as well, We come to the area two times a month and would love to stay here everytime if it wasn't for one HUGE issue, The BEDS we have had three different rooms on separate stays,The first room had a old mattress that was tearing apart at the seams not kidding springs sticking out just a really worn out bed room number 115 told the manager and he offered a free night stay in another room the bed was perfect,it was a altogether different mattress newer very nice I won't say the room number because that is the only room I would stay in. So we go back in a week and ask for the good bed room its unavalible so we get another room same lousy cheap mattress same make same brown color same hard springs terrible its late and just tough it out. So if somebody could give me the room numbers with good newer beds I would make this our hotel thanks

Room Tip: If you get the right bed its a perfect place
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you Lee S for your recent review, it was great to see so many wonderful comments regarding our wonderful staff and all of the exciting amenities we offer. In regards to the bed situation, we will certainly be addressing this internally, but in the meantime I ask that you contact me directly at mgeorge@ih-corp.com or (954) 772-7770 the next time your travel plans bring you to the hotel and I would be more than happy to assist you with the reservation and more importantly, the room blocking. Thanks again for the review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mark George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was thoroughly pleased with my stay here.

Upon my entry to the hotel, Ryan,the front desk associate, was most efficient and very hospitable. He made check-in a breeze and was very patient in answering my questions. When I'm on the road for a long time my irritability builds up, and the irritability gets worse when my service expectations are not met. Don't worry everyone, incompetent hotel staff is one thing NOT to worry about from here.

Once I entered my room, I immediately noticed that my specific room requests of a play pen and down pillows were received and definitely noted. It was pretty much quiet throughout the night until the planes took off in the morning. So, light sleepers, that's a small thing detail to consider. The pool area was clean with plenty of towels for guests. I stayed during a weekday so the little one enjoyed the pool all to herself. There's also a gazebo and small fire pit for those that are interested.

I think the only slight concerns I had were the following:
1) The odor on the 4th floor. I don't know what that smell is, but it's quite distracting.
2) The warning of nearby car break-ins on the key card paper holder. At first I was paranoid about leaving my car in the parking lot, but everything turned out okay. Just make sure you don't leave any valuables in the car.

I used my Marriott points to stay here and I'm glad I made that choice. The hotel had friendly staff that were helpful and well maintained amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you swocit for the wonderful review and for taking the time to point out a number of the fantastic amenities and people we have here at the hotel. We will be addressing the concerns you mentioned in the review immediately and I hope that these didn't detract from your stay in the least. This feedback will only make us better and I will be sure to share these words with the staff as we try to improve our service each and every day. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice hotel . The room was very nice except the double beds were small. Nice lobby and very clean. Great gazebo and pool area. We needed extra towels and one of the staff commented " Really, you need more towels?" The key cards were a little difficult to use. All in all would recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Beware a room with double beds.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you Robert_M60805 for taking the time to graciously review our hotel. We were glad to have learned you were satisfied with the recently upgraded amenities and space and hope that the size of the beds wasn't too much trouble. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Thanks again.

Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The lobby area is very stylish, really welcoming and warm. Though it was too cold to swim, we peeked at the pool and it looked really nice. Loved the Starbucks coffee although a bit pricey. They have everything you might have forgotten at the fromt desk, but it'll cost you. So stop at the clisest 7/11 and get what you need. Nice big rooms with big bathrooms. You definitely need a car to get around. Would stay here again. Great staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you baumburgerin for taking the time to review our hotel and for pointing out all that it has to offer. We are pleased with the recent renovations and that we proudly brew Starbucks, and we look forward to more people discovering what a wonderful gem we have for a property. Thanks again

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated. Our room was clean and quiet. The staff was very polite and accommodating. They arranged transportation for us so we could get to an interview and the airport. The restaurant breakfast was very good. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Lorene H for your recent review and for taking notice of the staff and all the wonderfully new amenities we have to offer. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I hope we achieved that with you. We look forward to the next time we can exceed your expectations. Thanks again

Salt Lake City, Utah, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I loved this hotel and all of the staff. Marjorie, at the front desk, is beyond amazing. She knew my name immediately, always had a smile, and was helpful and positive. Jesua (not sure of spelling) was wonderful as well. As a woman traveling alone, I very much appreciated the attention I received. The staff in the bistro was terrific and accommodating. My room was amazing. It was so clean and nice that I thought noone had ever stayed in it before. I will be staying at this Courtyard whenever I am in the area. I couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you slcsupermom for your glowing review of our hotel, I was thrilled to have learned what wonderful care all of staff, especially Marjorie and Josue, took of you. They are two of our most celebrated employees and it is easy to see why. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff as well. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks again!

Rincon, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My one night stay was pleasant. It was just what expected, a clean, comfortable room at affordable rate. Since I don’t use most of the facilities like the pool, gym, coffee place I don’t have further comments but they looked fine. The lobby is nice and pretty. One detail that I liked was the airlines check-in counter they have in the lobby. I was able to check-in my flight and print my boarding pass in a snap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you pfkaa for your recent review of the Courtyard Cypress Creek. The staff and I would like you to know that we were to proud to learn that the hotel met all of your needs and expectations. We hope to have you back as our valued guest very soon. Thanks again

Mark George

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek? Share your experiences!