You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2440 West Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #47 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Mexico
“Reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

On this trip I felt that the quality/value ratio was just OK that is the reason for this rating.
This hotel has received a Courtyard "facelift" since I last stayed and it looks better on the surface.
Check in was efficient - actually handled by the manager although I cannot recall his name, the guy was energetic, friendly and efficient and i expect he leads from the front which was good to see.
The rooms have also been spruced up with better bedding, flatscreen TV and improved bathrooms.
My only beefs were: the a/c unit is one that basically sits on the floor underneath the window and it is extremely noisy. We also had a small fridge in our room that was also the noisiest little fridge I have ever heard, ever time the condensor kicked in it sounded like it was trying to take off!
The little onsite Bistro is OK for breakfast or a snack item - there is no true room service, but you call ahead with your order and then go pick it up and like the rest of the hotel I would rate the fare on offer as average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you cavedodger for your most recent review of the hotel and for taking notice of our renovation. I was glad to see that you found many of the upgrades appealing and appreciated the service provided to you by one of our own. I apologize for the inconvenience created by the AC units, as well as the mini-refrigerator, and please note that we are currently working on solutions for both. I hope to see you back in the near future. Thanks again!

Mark George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for 4 days. Very nice property. The lobby renovation is fantastic-cudos to the interior designer who did it. My wife and I loved every aspect of it. The restaurant is part of the lobby and shares the same nice decor, but we didn't eat there. The room is very fresh, comfortable, clean and has a very large bathroom sink, more than enough space for two people. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Interacted with several people at the front desk and all were very helpful and friendly. There is a desk in the lobby with two desk top computers and free printing, which came in handy. Plenty of free parking. It was one of the least expensive Marriott properties in Ft Lauderdale/Miami when we booked it and was well worth it. My only complaint is sometimes the free WIFI was slow and one night did not work at all.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you BigdawgChicago for your recent review. We strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and satisfied as possible, but I must admit that our staff takes extra pride in being recognized by someone with such an extensive travel and review history. We have long understood the importance of this sight to our travelers, most of us use it ourselves for our own leisure needs, and I hope that we can only improve upon our growing number of satisfied guests. Thank you again and we hope to have you back very soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second stay here in the past year; the hotel's location is convenient to 95 (albeit in a deserted area adjacent to a small airport), and they usually have some of the best prices for Marriott branded properties in the area. I doubt the hotel is new, but it appears to have been renovated recently, and the appearance is nice. The rooms are standard Courtyard; my room had a king sized bed with a sofa/sitting area. The bathroom was very large, but with a fan that sounded like a hovering helicopter (no exaggeration). My room had a refrigerator and microwave. I liked that I could open my window for fresh air, even if only slightly. There is free wifi. This is one of the newer-styled Courtyards, so there is a restaurant and a bar. I didn't eat here this stay, but last summer I had breakfast and it was ok. On thing I find weird about this place, and this applies to both my stays, is that the reception staff seem to be indifferent to guests-- the mood is rather cold. Maybe I have never been greeted by the folks mentioned in the other reviews? I was asked if I had ever stayed before, something I think they should know (I have elite status with Marriott Rewards). I also hate being asked the name of my company at some Marriott properties. I think this is an unnecessary delay in the check-in process. Why have an online profile if the front desk wants more?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is excellent. We have stayed there 3 times now. Marjorie at the front desk even remembered our name after just one visit. Nice property and clean rooms. Good location and quiet area. Food and drink are available. Rooms have microwaves, refrig and coffee makers. They also have sofa beds in the king rooms. Don't know about the doubles.

Room Tip: we have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors and all rooms were very satisfactory
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you Sharon l for the recent review. Positive feedback for a job well done always makes our jobs all the more special and I can assure you Marjorie was touched by the fact that you went out of your way to recognize her. She is an incredible asset to this hotel and I am glad to see her recognized for her daily commitment. We look forward to your next visit.

Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We're on a 5 city FL vacation, and this was the best stay we had. From the front desk staff to the house keepers, they go out of their way to make certain you enjoy your stay. Everyone was smiling, and very friendly. The room was spacious and VERY modern. The TV stand has ports for chargers and other accessories. The entire facility is immaculate, Wi-fi and 2 computers in the lobby, and the choice of flavored water in the lobby is gravy.
I hope they are reading this... "Awesome" job !!

Room Tip: If you're using Priceline.com to search the Ft Lauderdale area, include the North Ft Lauderdale...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Kevin M for your recent review. We were delighted to read that you thought so highly of the facility and our associates. We are very proud of the remodel and we work tirelssly to provide A+ service, so it is nice to know our efforts have paid off. Hope to see you again soon!

Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is my home in Ft Lauderdale.
I like its location close to FXE, fitness room simple but efficient, nice pool and reasonable prices.
Staff is great, always trying to help you, especially Victor who makes everything to make you feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this gem. It was quiet, since it is away from the hub bub of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Yet, it was convenient to area restaurants and offered easy access to other locations. The newly renovated lobby was immediately inviting. There is a pretty good selection of snacks and drinks for easy purchase located by check in which can conveniently be added and charged to your room.

The room was pleasant,  good sized, clean, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub area, while small, met all my needs. It was relaxing, peaceful, and also clean. I especially enjoyed the fragrant gardenias planted nearby.

The staff was extremely helpful, courteous, efficient, and friendly. Lina made great breakfast suggestions with a smile. I really was happy to get my Starbuck's fix since it is located on site. It  is also great to be able to grab a cocktail, pick up conversation,  or just lounge around with a book or your laptop in an expansive area adjacent to the open bright lobby.

I was warmly greeted by Rebecca, during breakfast one morning. I took her up on her recommendation of a great local spot for dinner and was not disappointed. I appreciated her sincerity. She also made several suggestions on things to do and see in the area which I will explore on my next visit.

To top of my stay, the kind thoughtful manager Mark, actually walked me out to my car with an umbrella when I was leaving in the rain. Now, that is what I call excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Some of the hotel is under a beautiful renovation. Just ask for a room located away from the present...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you Islandlvr50 for the feedback from your wonderful experience here at the Courtyard Cypress Creek. We are so very proud of our new product and we are looking forward to being completely finished with all of the beautification by the end of October. I will be sure to share your thoughts and sentiments with the rest of the staff and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your journey after you left the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Mark George

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek? Share your experiences!