“We absolutely loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #32 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
virginia
“We absolutely loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We are avid travelers and the Marriott brand is fast becoming a favorite.This was our first
stay at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North and we have nothing but praise for the management,staff and property.We spent four nights there;ample time for a fair assessment and these folks truly do specialize in hospitality.they were great! Thank you
Alex,Jeffery,Norma and all the rest of team Marriott for making our stay a memorable one.

Our room was first rate,loved the bed, and the elevators were fast and efficient which was a very pleasant surprize because we enjoy staying on the upper floors whenever we travel and have often found the elevators on other properties to be slow and sometimes even sporadic.The complimentary parking was perfect with ease of access from any level.
We also enjoyed the pool,hot tub & sauna area with its spacious open air ambiance.
The location is only minutes from area beaches and quick access to I95 highway.
Our suggestion for a great day trip: take off to the Florida Keys!!!
~Mike & Deisi

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Dear Mike & Deisi,

I am so happy to read such wonderful comments about my hotel but am elated to read how well Alex, Jeffrey and Norma all provided you such great service, I must say, it's pretty common for them all. My team very much appreciates you taking time to share these comments with the Trip Advisor community. I truely belive the people who belong take traveling very seriously, as do I. I am also very happy that our physical product exceeded your expectations as well. Lastly, I agree, Key West is one of many excellent day trips that can be enjoyed from the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North.

Happy Travles!

Joel Darr General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This is a luxury hotel in everything but price - an experienced staff that has a natural understanding of hospitality - a recent first rate rennovation with striking designs, tropically alive without being shrill - and what I particularly like - a lovely, native Florida location, surrounded by a jungle on most sides that is similar to the original flora of this area of Florida 100 years ago. I have spent over 500 nights in the Miami-Ft Lauderdale cities, and the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North is my clear favorite hotel.

Many of the hotel employees have worked at the hotel for many years - that says something also about its attractiveness.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dear IcelanderLight,

Thank you very much for sharing such nice comments about my team and hotel. We try our best to ensure every guest has a great experience just as you did. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, be sure to say hi. Safe Travels!

ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

As a frequent guest at this hotel, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the superb level of service I receive from your staff each time I stay. There is a consistent level of professionalism and friendliness that always welcomes me to my “home away from home” in sunny Ft. Lauderdale. Each visit, I can always count on a warm greeting and courteous service with genuine pleasure. Most recently, when my wife and son joined me for a few days, their stay was made exceptional because of the positive interaction of the staff – thank you, I always look forward to my return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 6, 2009
Dear JBA2009,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North. I appreciate your loyalty to this hotel and I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to bring your real family here to meet your hotel family. Please be sure to say hello when you come back next week.

Kindest Regards,

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. This hotel is pretty cool. The lobby and atrium are beautiful. The rooms are large and spacious. The facilities are adequate. We had nice service from the great staff at hand. Love Jeffrey on the 15th and the Front Desk staff are absolutely amazing, warm and caring. Mahatsi (dining) is a gem and always personable. Keep up the great service.

Recommendations: Consider upgrading the rooms and bathrooms some time soon to compliment the amazing work done in the lobby. I highly recommend this hotel - you will love it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, April 13, 2009
Dear AtlantaBusy_Bee,

Thank you very much for using you valuable time to share such wonderful feedback about the great people at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North. I am very proud to be associated with every person who works at this fine hotel. I am also happy to report that more new Flat Screen TV's & high tech connectivity panels will be added to the remainder of our rooms that will complete our room renovations. I will pass your comments on to Jeffrey and Mahasti, they will be thrilled.

Kindest Regards, Joel Darr General Manager
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

While visiting a friend, who happens to be a staff member of this Marriott hotel, I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon utilizing some of the facilities. I spent time in the gym, relaxed by the pool and watched the sunset from the 15th floor. I found the facilities to be extremely well-maintained, the staff to be friendly and the overall experience to be exceptional. I'm proud for my friend to be a part of the establishment and would recommend to my family, friends and the corporate travel department where I work.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Dear MS1Nyc,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am thrilled that you are proud of your friend who works with us here. I am personally very proud to call the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North my work home. Thank you for chosing to stay with us and I hope you come back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I got this for one night at a Priceline name your own price of 45.00 ... Great deal for this.
Website price was 199.00 per night. Not worth more than 150.00 IMHO.

Upscale, clean and safe but not up to date. Old TV, no fridge in room. Wireless worked well. Yes, doors make noise and elevator was slow but nothing terrible.

Plenty of parking and shops and restaurants in driving distance.

Stayed here for easy access to Ft. Lauderdale Stadium (easy 3 minute drive) and
drove down to Dolphin/Marlin stadium also. VERY EASY and convienent 20 minute ride down I 95 ..would stay here for any event at Dolphin Stadium if price was right.

Business/Commerce area and it felt safe. Clean and tidy room. Bed was fine. Typical
Marriot deodorizer smell but not overpowering.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Dear MaureenOB,

I would like to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with the important Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled to read that you found the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North Clean and Friendly! I also appreciate your comments regarding the T.V.s and refrigerators. I am happy to report that we have already ordered more 32" Flat Screen HD TV's to be installed along with the 120 rooms we already have installed on our Suites, Concierge and Deluxe level rooms. I am expecting to have the entire hotel completed with in the year. Please note that if you would like a refrigerator, we do have an inventory on property, next vist, just request at reservation and we will do our best to accomodate you. I sincerely apologize for any Inconvenience we caused you thank you for the valuable feedback, with out it, we can not improve.

Regars, Joel Darr General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stayed here for a one night before our cruise. Over all the hotel was nice and clean. There was some type of convention going on, but for the most part a very nice hotel. It is very close to Port Everglades (about 20 minutes).

• Stayed November 2008

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!