“Oldie but goodie” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tempe
“Oldie but goodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel's common areas are very nice. Staff is always very nice and accommodating no matter the time of day or night. The rooms are average, a little older decor bit still clean. Housekeeping can be hit or miss. My last stay was 5 days and half those days the daily housekeeping was a little lazy. The gym has a good variety of equipment. Overall the hotel is a little old but still a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was traveling for business and this hotel was recommended based on vicinity to meetings. Pro's: Hotel check in was quick and welcoming. Coffee and muffins available at the bar in the early morning, a gift shop on site which was great for grabbing bottled water. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and bathroom was clean and well stocked. Wi-Fi access was excellent, on site parking and bellman will arrange cabs in advance. Front desk staff was very helpful. There is a business center in the lobby with comfortable seating.
Con's I was on the 6th floor facing the pool so some noise later in the evening. The vanity at the sink was very small so not a lot of room to store your items for getting ready.

Overall there is a restaurant on site, the hotel is kept clean and the parking is convenient (attached) to hotel.

Room Tip: Room 607 faces the pool
Green Features: Unaware of them, did not see any information on their practices.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Heather A,

Thank you for the incredible review. As a Top Contributor on Trip Advisor, your feedback goes a long way.

I was thrilled that our hosts at the front desk were welcoming and proficient. I was also quite pleased that you had enjoyable experiences at our Starbucks kiosk and at the gift shop, and that you found your room to be clean and well stocked. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Concierge lounge attendant was superb. Dania at front desk was so helpful and friendly
The price of the room was very fair for the quality and area! The breakfast in the concierge
room was way above par.

Room Tip: floor 15 the concierge floor. floor 4 is the pool and gym.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Hollis P,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding Dania. She is one of our finest hosts on property. I will share your Trip Advisor post with her.

Thank you for also mentioning that our Concierge breakfast was way above par. This comment will definitely make our team in both the Kitchen and Concierge Lounge very happy.

On behalf of our Brilliant team of hosts, we value your business and we hope to have the opportunity welcome you back very soon.

Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel is in a beautiful area with lots of greenery surrounding property. Breakfast buffer was fabulous! Everyone at the front desk was more than happy to answer any and all questions. Food excellent staff very attainable and prompt to respond nature walkway relaxing. Very special thanks to Melanis, Mooki, and Dania for their extra effort much appreciated !

Room Tip: Top floors have pleasant view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Dawn D,

Thank you for the beautiful 5-star review and for highlighting the lush natural surroundings around the hotel.

I was delighted to learn that Mookie, Melanie, Dania, and our team of hosts at the front desk were all very helpful. I will also pass along your complements to our Chef. Thank you for your business. Please come back and visit soon.

At your service,

denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

There is no reason not to stay here unless you are interested in an updated place. There is no question that some of aspects of this hotel are tired and worn but not enough prevent a comfortable and easy stay. And, the friendly staff and the wonderful dining and bar areas, glassed in among truly beautiful tropical gardens, are absolutely worth a visit. Nice gift and amenities shop.

Room Tip: High level floor, facing away form the highway.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear joedenver,

It is such a pleasure to receive such kind words from a Top Contributor on Trip Advisor. I was extremely pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and that you had a great experience in our food & beverage outlets.

I must agree that the hotel is nestled in the middle of a natural preserve that is quite striking. We will be going through a full renovation starting this summer. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for one night on our way out of Florida. This hotel is set in a very welcoming setting inviting an ambiance close to nature within a busy area. The Hotel staff is outstanding in being competent and approachable. The restaurant staff is especially outstanding as we realized their being very accommodating to our need to get started on an earlier flight. Mookie worked hard to make sure we had an outstanding breakfast along with the cook and server, even working in an omelette order. The atmosphere of the restaurant was awesome with a quiet view of a wall of tropical trees. The room was clean and inviting. We are Lifetime Platinum members and realize a competent inviting staff when we experience it. I would stay here and eat here again with no problem.

Room Tip: A high floor renders a nice view and is quiet
Green Features: adequate efforts in water conservation and recycling noted.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear gofree,

Thank you for loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member. I was elated that you found our team to be very competent and approachable. I equate the job that Mookie does to that of a conductor in an orchestra. Mookie keeps the operation at breakfast moving very fluidly and she is extremely warm and hospitable. I will personally congratulate Mookie.

I was also quite pleased that you found your room to be clean and inviting.

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here again after staying here back in 2008. Hotel was nice but still had the same carpet and decor that it had seven years ago.
Lots of mold stains in the bathroom and carpet was worn. Beds however were super comfortable and pillows were amazing.
Jacuzzi was out of order :(
Front desk staff was super friendly! Now the one issue I had that really turned me off was that they charged my credit card before I had arrived. I never booked an advanced purchase rate so there was no reason for them to do that! I thought that was very unfair because I was supposed to split the bill with my friend.

Everything else was fine.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear JM11traveler,

Thank you for your longstanding business. I was thrilled that you found our team at the front desk to be super friendly. I apologize about our Jacuzzi being out of service. It has been repaired.

We are going through a full renovation effective this summer. I can assure you that new rooms are on the way!

I will look into the advance purchase issue with our Front Office Manager. If you would like to speak with me offline, please do not hesitate to do so. I can be reached at the contact information below, Thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for years to come.

(954) 334-9217

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!