“No Hot Water View of Roof When Using Certificates” 2 of 5 stars

Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #31 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“No Hot Water View of Roof When Using Certificates”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was in the area for a show and used two certificates for a two night stay. I am gold elite and spend quite a lot of time with Marriott. Upon check in the woman did not offer the free breakfast or points for my Saturday night. I had to ask. Then she failed to mention the concierge lounge for Monday breakfast. Again I had to ask. I have a request for high floor on my preferences.. The hotel looked uncrowded. She gave me 4th floor of a 17 floor hotel over looking a roof with an awning in front of the window. We had been traveling 12 hours and had to get to the show. I jumped in the shower it was barely warm. After a few minutes it turned ice cold. I was furious. My husband went to the desk and asked to change rooms asking for a high floor please. I moved wet with soap still in my hair because it was too cold to rinse it. They gave me 5th floor same dingy view. But at least I had hot water. The hotel itself is clean but worn looking. I spend a lot of time and money with marriott and I resent being treated so poorly when using certificates I am entitled to. I would not visit this location again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stay at Marriott properties often when I travel for business. Occasionally you find an old property that needs a face lift.

The bathroom was dank. The room smelled a bit of mildew. Fortunately it was only a two night stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My name is Michael Viatkine and I have the Elite Member Status. I have arriver at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, the 3rd and, after successful and quick check in process, I was experienced a serious problem to get Internet in my room (#324). The Front Desk Lady (Christina) was very helpful and was kind enough to help me in obtaining a valid Internet connections in my laptop. She was friendly, helpful and provided me with a lot of useful information about the Hotel.

Thank you, Christina for your good service and hospitality.

Best Regards,
Michael Viatkine
Room 324

Room Tip: Ask the Front Desk employees and check the reviews about this particular Hotel
Green Features: I would suggest to have at least one bottle of water in the room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Michael V,

Thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Gold Member. I was elated that Christina at the Front Desk was able to assist you. I will personally thank Christina for her service. I would also like to add that I did receive your email and you are all set for Thursday. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had amazing service from Melania & Mookie. Melania made sure we had everything we needed and always with a smile. Mookie was so friendly . The front desk was very informative and helpful. We were given all the information we required.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Emilia M,

Thank you for the remarkable 5-star review. Mookie and Melania are all seasoned professionals who epitomize the “Spirit to Serve” day in and day out. Each of the aforementioned hosts will greatly appreciate your most kind comments. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Although this hotel is in a business area, it was very comfortable and well-appointed with modern accommodations. We were pleasantly surprised that the Grille restaurant had a good menu and prices were reasonable. Easy access to Route 95.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
J D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jane F,

Thank you for the very nice 5-star review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our warm and welcoming Marriott hotel. I am also quite proud that you had a good meal in our Blue Fire Grille-Restaurant and that you found our hotel to be clean and peaceful. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

Safe Travels,

Rosedale, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Here is my experience of my stay. I would rate this hotel a 6. Location is not in the best area but property look safe, lobby looks fine, bellman didnt say a word to me, no Hello or nothing. houseman cleaning the parking lot didnt greet. Front desk Augusto was very helpful and friendly, Room need a remodelation but its ok as long as its clean. Room can use a microwave and a fridge for $200 but thats ok, other hotels have it for the same price. Here is where I have my problem, the breakfast. Walk down saturday morning and the hostess was bussing tables, she was a blonde woman very very nice but she was trying to do her best but its not her fault. Long line because hotel didnt staff enough people. No restaurant manager for 30 minutes to make changes or to help. Bartender only had 1 client and she didnt help at least to bring the guests to the tables. 1 bussboy on saturday morning, not good, he could had use a cart to put dirty plates to move faster. 3 servers but they were all lost. I had potatoes and they were cold and I felt they were from days ago, the variety of food was fine but I guess I picked the wrong food, coffee tasted like water. I was trying to leave and when I asked the server for the check she just gave me a face like you have to wait. I didnt leave a tip because she didnt do anything, Its not the employees fault, Restaurant manager need to add extra people on a saturday morning. The were all dressed very nice and everything was clean but the restaurant manager and the staff need retraining, No costumer service at all in the restaurant. I have worked in about 8 marriot hotels and my expectation was better thats why I choose this brand hotel and because of the reviews.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Always stay at the Marriott on business and have enjoyed the great service and smile from restaurant supervisor Mookie Seat (love your name, Mookie!) for many years. She always provides impeccable service and works hard to ensure each restaurant customer is well taken care of. One of many reasons I look forward to coming back to this fine hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear boylouis,

“Mookie is great!” I must agree. Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review. Mookie’s personality and attention to detail are so dynamic that she alone is certainly enough to come back. Thank you for your business, past & present. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

(954) 334-9217

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!