“Business Trip With Comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #31 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Titusville, Florida
“Business Trip With Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is very close to everything in Ft. Lauderdale. There is easy access to I-95 or the Florida Turnpike. The hotel is about 1.5 miles from the beach. The hotel is very clean and Maribel makes checkin very painless. The pool and exercise room are on the 4th floor and is very nice to watch the sun set and there are about 7 dinning places right accross the street from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 15th-17th floor facing the city because the view at night is beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful location and our clean rooms. I am also happy to see that you used our rooftop pool and fitness center. We do hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed at several Marriotts and I really appreciated the personal and genuine service from Maribel at check-in. She was attentive and thoughtful, and when I checked out the following day asked about my stay and remembered why I was staying there and asked how it went. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Maribel at the front desk took such good care of you. We are very lucky to have her and I will make sure I share your wonderful comments. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Denver CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property about 6 times now due to business in the area. Overall the hotel is very nice. Make sure you are looking for the property can be a bit difficult to find as it is tucked away from the main road. The exterior is clean and plenty of FREE parking. The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful every time. They have baskets of complimentary fresh fruit and smoothies most mornings. The lobby is spacious and clean. The rooms are big with nice furnishings and clean/comfortable beds. The pool is on the 4th floor with the gym and jacuzzi. It has nice sunset views after a long day. My only complaint is that 3/6 times the housekeeper came in my room in spite of me having a do not disturb sign on the door, one time they did not even knock just barged in! There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the property. I will definitely stay at this property again for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property which includes free covered parking and our beautiful pool. I am also happy to hear that you had one of our complimentary fresh smoothies in the morning. We hope to see you again soon!
Menifee, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise, so we elected to stay at this hotel away from the hustle and bustle of tourist (and bed bugs). I was very glad that we did...The hotel was very elegant..The room was clean and decorated very nicely and the bed was ever so comfortable that I hated to leave. The staff was courteous and efficient and greeted you with a smile everytime they saw us. They also had a Gift shop that was very nice. You go to some hotels and their idea of a gift shop is a little room with snacks. The only negative I would say was that they kept the lobby sooo cold. I would and will return here most definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Well, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and our staff to courteous and efficient. I do hope you enjoyed your cruise and we hope to see you again soon!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

By far the most disappointing Marriott to which I've ever been. The hotel is beyond old and dated - the lobby has been updated but they pump a horrible air freshener into the lobby that is so pungent I had a sore throat. However, my first clue should have been when a fellow traveler explained to me in the elevator that he stays at this Marriott every week for work and it's a dump. When I got off the elevator the A/C on my floor wasn't working. I entered my room and it smelled like something was burning. I had my room changed which I appreciated. The second room was better but still had issues. The A/C vent covers are covered with dust and grime. The air pumped out of the unit smelled like dirt. I asked for an extra blanket and I was provided with a balled up dirty, ragged blanket that looked like it had been laying on the floor in a corner somewhere. The hotel was nice enough to comp my stay which I also appreciate but also expect from the Marriott brand. I would honestly never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you had problems with your A/C and the scents we use in our hotel. We do use state-of-the-art "scent machines" in our lobby and we frequently have guests inquiring where they can purchase them. I do apologize if you did not like the scent. Regarding the A/C, I am sorry that you experienced a problem. Although we maintain our units on a daily basis, there can always be a problem with any A/C unit. I am happy to hear that we did "comp" your room for the issue you had.

As you can see by almost every review below, our rooms are up to date and very clean..We do hope that you give us another chance as I feel what you experienced was an isolated incident..Thanks again and we hope to see you again!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in any hotel, the fastest complimentary internet and exceptionally friendly staff, on every level. You get SO much more than you pay for! I was enthusiastically greeted by every member of staff. Room service was fast and the news paper every morning much appreciated. The concierge service was without flaw. Service in the bar and restaurant was friendly and prompt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wow, thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you found our beds to be so comfortable and our staff to be so friendly. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our fast complimentary internet and our Room Service.

We hope to host you again soon!
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I had such a Great get-a-way that we are looking forward to returning in the near future!! This was our first time staying at this property,
which was quiet & just what we needed to relax.

A special Thanks to Mr. Stuart Levy for any special request that I asked prior to arriving, he made it happen. :-)

Mr. Levy Staff: Maribele, Dania & Debbie, went above & beyond with making sure that our stay was comfortable. Any time that we had a concern, they made sure to address it immediately...Now that's Customer Service!!

Also, Nathan who took care of us as well.

Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that we were able to make your first stay a special one. I am also happy to see that our entire team took such good care of you. I truly believe we have the BEST staff in south Florida and we hope to be able to host you again soon!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!